Betfred cup semi-finals - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Betfred cup semi-finals

Play the team and not the jersey and we have a great chance. 

Good fight about the Motherwell team in recent games so as long as we dont get overrun early on think we'll come into it and the second half will be a cracker. Cant wait.

6/1 for Motherwell to beat the team with one more point in the league than them. Who knows if it will happen but thats a nice price.

1 hour ago, Fraser89 said:

Can't see past an Old Firm final tbh.

Rangers 3-1 Motherwell

Celtic 4-1 Hibernian

Celtic will get run ragged on Wednesday night in Munich, can see Hibs giving them a game off the back of that.

Dont think there’s much between Motherwell and Rangers at all.

Im just glad Stuart McCall isn’t leading us into it. As Donaldo says, if we play the team, not the jersey, and I’m sure we will we should be fine.

My biggest worry is getting drawn into a battle, and giving the referee decisions to make, Hartley has already marked his own card.

I think our game will be pretty tight.  I'm going for us to sneak it 2-1 in ET.  Will be surprised if Celtic don't beat Hibs (and then whoever they get in the final).

On a semi related noted, what about the Motherwell defender (?) effectively challenging Morelos to a square go after the match?!  Seems a bit of a bonkers comment from him!

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

On a semi related noted, what about the Motherwell defender (?) effectively challenging Morelos to a square go after the match?!  Seems a bit of a bonkers comment from him!

I’ve only seen the print media version of what he said, which admittedly seems a bit daft.

Would be interesting to hear what he actually said.

Was worth it to get a reaction from the Vanguard Bears though.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’ve only seen the print media version of what he said, which admittedly seems a bit daft.

Would be interesting to hear what he actually said.

Was worth it to get a reaction from the Vanguard Bears though.

:lol:

Aye, I'd imagine it was probably said tongue in cheek which probably doesn't come across in print.

I wasn't aware the VB had responded, I'm sure I can guess at the theme though.  "A threat to our protestant values" and something about the Compliance Officer no doubt!!

1 hour ago, Fraser89 said:

Really?

Rangers are getting stronger. Granted Motherwell are doing well too but can't see it myself.

From what I’ve seen of the sides, Motherwell are a stronger side. Only 1 point apart in the league too, so not sure why you’re so surprised at someone picking a ‘Well win. 

38 minutes ago, Parklife said:

From what I’ve seen of the sides, Motherwell are a stronger side. Only 1 point apart in the league too, so not sure why you’re so surprised at someone picking a ‘Well win. 

Depends which games you've watched. the Well games against Aberdeen were very different. First game they were excellent from all reports yet were rotten in the league game. 

On the other hand we have been slowly improving every game, excluding the OF game. 

It's going to be a tight game I think with only a goal either way in it. 

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I completely get a Rangers fan tipping a Rangers victory, but not seen anything from Rangers to suggest it would be a massive upset if they didn’t win.

We’ve only lost 3 games all season, 1 being a very tight game v Rangers, the St Johnstone game that was a bit of a freak with 3 red cards and a narrow defeat to Aberdeen days after we roasted them in this competition.

Rangers couldn’t get the better of Partick Thistle in 180 minutes of football, but Fraser sees a team 1 point behind them as cannon fodder....

44 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm surprised because IMO Rangers are the better team.

If Motherwell manage to beat them then fair play, it will be massive for the club to be in a final.

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I wasn't aware the VB had responded, I'm sure I can guess at the theme though.  "A threat to our protestant values" and something about the Compliance Officer no doubt!!

Pretty much.

They didn’t have anything about a threat to their Protestant loyalist values or way of life to be fair, but then they were limited to 130 characters, and the Union Jack emoji probably counts as a couple...

6 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Depends which games you've watched. the Well games against Aberdeen were very different. First game they were excellent from all reports yet were rotten in the league game. 

To be fair, a lot of people got carried away with the cup performance against Aberdeen, but looking at it objectively, Aberdeen chuck 2 goals in in the first 20 minutes and it’s easy to look impressive after that. Although I would caveat that by pointing out, Rangers weren’t exactly cruising to victory before Anderson got sent off on Friday night, the last 15 minutes and 3-0 shoreline don’t tell the full story.

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Pretty much.

They didn’t have anything about a threat to their Protestant loyalist values or way of life to be fair, but then they were limited to 130 characters, and the Union Jack emoji probably counts as a couple...

They could probably just type No Surrender! 11 times and it would get the same point across!

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Hibernian 0-4 Celtic

Att: 38,456

Motherwell 1 (aet) 3 Rangers

Att: 36,862

Dunno who you can get 36k at Motherwell Rangers when Rangers have and allocation of 38k and look like selling then.

Boy in work has a East Stand ticket for Rangers so they have sold out full West, Half South, North and now in East.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Dunno who you can get 36k at Motherwell Rangers when Rangers have and allocation of 38k and look like selling then.

Boy in work has a East Stand ticket for Rangers so they have sold out full West, Half South, North and now in East.

We already had almost half of the East Stand (F1-F5) before the increased allocation so I'd imagine we now have almost all of it, if not all.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/betfred-cup-semi-final-ticket-prices/

Edited by theweestevie