Will it really take 8 months? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will it really take 8 months?

Shaun

I read in the back page of The Scottish Sun that Stewart Regan says it could take 8 MONTHS to replace Gordon Strachan, so, do you peeps think it'll really take that long?

I don't and mainly due to the fact that Regan's preference is that it should not take that long, I reckon about Christmas time we should have a manager and I also don't think it'll be Michael O'Neill.

Regan said that he'll start the process next week so by start of November I expect he'll have told his board what the shortlist is, then they start interviews.

My prediction is that by mid November the new manager will get appointed ;).

Could be wrong though lol but I really don't see it lasting 8months :O.

7 hours ago, Shaun said:

I read in the back page of The Scottish Sun that Stewart Regan says it could take 8 MONTHS to replace Gordon Strachan, so, do you peeps think it'll really take that long?

I don't and mainly due to the fact that Regan's preference is that it should not take that long, I reckon about Christmas time we should have a manager and I also don't think it'll be Michael O'Neill.

Regan said that he'll start the process next week so by start of November I expect he'll have told his board what the shortlist is, then they start interviews.

My prediction is that by mid November the new manager will get appointed ;).

Could be wrong though lol but I really don't see it lasting 8months :O.

Don't buy or read the sun, Scottish or otherwise.

41 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

8 months salary is a lot of money. They could easily save 6 or 7 months worth of that. They night miss out on somebody who doesn't want to wait that long, but on the other hand some managers might not be available until then?

Exactly how I feel. The only reason not to appoint a manager can only be a cost saving exercise.

Regan is not a football man, he's a marketing man and is so out of his depth it's terrifying. He and his board are the problems that are holding us back.

If Northern Ireland qualify for the World Cup then Michael O’Neill isn’t going to be appointed before Christmas. It would happen in around 8-9 months time. 

If it’s not O’Neill (or if NI do not qualify) then I would expect it to take a minimum of two months to appoint a new manager.

Theres no real hurry with no competitive games for almost a year. I don’t think it’s something that should be rushed although it shouldn’t take 8 months unless whoever gets the job is currently employed. Even then, the deal would almost certainly be done sooner than that. It might just not be announced for 8 months or so when this season has ended. 

There is always an exodus of managers leaving after major tournaments. Just because someone hasn't been announced doesn't mean there hasn't been something signed and agreed behind the scenes. 

Could well be there will be someone lined up but the agreement is not to announce things until the summer when either the side has been eliminated from the World Cup or the domestic season is finished. This means we still get our man and the other side doesn't have the distraction of management speculation 

This isn't ideal for us but if it's the right man the SFA want and believe it's the man who'll take us into Euro 2020 then so be it

Edited by DoonTheSlope

On 15/10/2017 at 9:52 AM, vanderark14 said:

Regan is part of the problem, I’ve no idea why that guy was appointed. His CV is a fecking disaster 

Is he not the only CEO ever to make a loss on hosting a cricket test match? Grossly overestimated interest and projected ticket sales I seem to recall and made a total backside of setting prices as a result? Sounds familiar...

This dimwit should not be allowed anywhere near our national association.

On 15/10/2017 at 10:17 AM, Orraloon said:

8 months salary is a lot of money. They could easily save 6 or 7 months worth of that. They night miss out on somebody who doesn't want to wait that long, but on the other hand some managers might not be available until then?

The savings could knock a tenner of our renewal.....