Before we - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Before we

TartanTon

14 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Your saying the problem with Scottish football is people turning up and supporting the team? Brain dead man.  I’m pretty sure it’s part of the solution and probably the only reason we got anywhere near a playoff.

i think the problem is the opposite. I think it’s khunts sitting at home, pretending to be on some kind of protest, with one finger up their hole and the other one pointing at a bigger khunt (the sfa or whoever) saying ‘he’s the problem’. Aye mate he is, but so are you.

If you think the problem in Scotland is too many people being happy and clapping then you need to stay off the drugs, you mad brain dead salmon fiddler.

:rolleyes:

If we the fans want change (and boy do we need change at the SFA) then the only option for us is to vote with our feet and pockets

Happens all the time in Club football and the Directors/Owners are not long in changing direction

Happens all the time in workers rights/pay disputes

I really dont know what it is you cant see about that

The reason the SFA have continued to view our game from their ivory tower doing very little of note and becoming more entrenched is because of the mugs that continually turn up in their droves

If you agree we really and desperately need change then we are all ears to hear your solution

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

If we the fans want change (and boy do we need change at the SFA) then the only option for us is to vote with our feet and pockets

Happens all the time in Club football and the Directors/Owners are not long in changing direction

The reason the SFA have continued to view our game from their ivory tower doing very little of note and becoming more entrenched is because of the mugs that continually turn up in their droves

If you agree we really and desperately need change then we are all ears to hear your solution

I see both sides of the argument but are we really turning up in our droves?

We couldn’t fill Hampden for the biggest home qualifier in a decade. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

I see both sides of the argument but are we really turning up in our droves?

We couldn’t fill Hampden for the biggest home qualifier in a decade. 

Still turning up in sufficient numbers to keep the SFA happy enough

I agree however that there is a sea change underway ...and not before time

Nobody needs not go to games but collectively the first way to hurt them is by not buying campaign tickets but rather one game at a time (or season tickets if you like). Don't buy merchandise, etc. Stay away from their initiatives (fan zones etc)

As soon as revenue is being risked or impacted they will soon sit up and take notice.

But I won't hold my breath on any of that happening and we will keep funding and thus supporting the failures upstairs.

But nobody needs not support the team and boycotts split the supporters as we seen in the past and we see the ire mentioning it can bring.

Collective consensus is the only way change can happen. 

Rather than SFA surveys about match day experience we all get, which are not for our benefit but a means to see how to generate more revenue (which is understandable) should we not be asking ourselves to feedback what we'd like to see and that would include the fans having transparent opinions on those who run our game.

Can the likes of TAMB (just an example) not run surveys asking the opinions of us on how our game is run? Of the people who run it? And if it clear us the fans want systematic change then there is more of a chance of it happening. (I know, very optimistic)

The quote from Regan is worrying though, he claims there is a collective responsibility but he and his cohorts never take the fall for failure. They continue to make the critical decisions even though they have collectively failed!  

Do we really want them to decide who's in charge of the team for the next few years? Do we really think they are capable of making those decisions. If you think yes then fine, I don't.

Same people, same mistakes, same outcome.

14 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Brain dead. 

Fans have been voting with their feet for decades when it comes to Scottish football. Half the grounds in the country are graveyards. If staying at home fingering yourself really did drive change, then it would have worked by now. It doesn’t, it just makes things more shite.

You protest if you want, but I’ll no be joining you. 

Its stupid, pathetic, pointless and has been tried before. It’s the folk that take part who count.

Edited by Morrisandmoo

3 hours ago, TartanTon said:

Nobody needs not go to games but collectively the first way to hurt them is by not buying campaign tickets but rather one game at a time (or season tickets if you like). Don't buy merchandise, etc. Stay away from their initiatives (fan zones etc)

As soon as revenue is being risked or impacted they will soon sit up and take notice.

But I won't hold my breath on any of that happening and we will keep funding and thus supporting the failures upstairs.

But nobody needs not support the team and boycotts split the supporters as we seen in the past and we see the ire mentioning it can bring.

Collective consensus is the only way change can happen. 

Rather than SFA surveys about match day experience we all get, which are not for our benefit but a means to see how to generate more revenue (which is understandable) should we not be asking ourselves to feedback what we'd like to see and that would include the fans having transparent opinions on those who run our game.

Can the likes of TAMB (just an example) not run surveys asking the opinions of us on how our game is run? Of the people who run it? And if it clear us the fans want systematic change then there is more of a chance of it happening. (I know, very optimistic)

The quote from Regan is worrying though, he claims there is a collective responsibility but he and his cohorts never take the fall for failure. They continue to make the critical decisions even though they have collectively failed!  

Do we really want them to decide who's in charge of the team for the next few years? Do we really think they are capable of making those decisions. If you think yes then fine, I don't.

Same people, same mistakes, same outcome.

Very sensible

2 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Brain dead. 

Fans have been voting with their feet for decades when it comes to Scottish football. Half the grounds in the country are graveyards. If staying at home fingering yourself really did drive change, then it would have worked by now. It doesn’t, it just makes things more shite.

You protest if you want, but I’ll no be joining you. 

Its stupid, pathetic, pointless and has been tried before. It’s the folk that take part who count.

See if you are going to call people brain dead then it's probably best you dont make a complete tit of yourself when responding

I really shouldnt however

Fans of the INTERNATIONAL team have rarely stayed at home "fingering themselves"

How many members of the SSC are there ? It was maxed out with a waiting list not that long ago

And if its the folk that take part that count then why has arguably one if not the best supported European nations at home and away games not qualified for a major tournament in 20 years ?

And for the record big mouth i sincerely doubt you have been at more Scotland games and given the SFA more money than i have in the last 40 years