Before we - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Before we

TartanTon

look for a new manager.

Regan and co must step down.

He and his failed committee have performed worse than all of the managers in recent years combined. Presided over shambles after shambles.

How can we trust these people to decide whats best for the future? They seem entirely untouchable.

Just now, Auld_Reekie said:

Been talked about many times before. The fans have little power and the power they do have, they're unwilling to use it. We'll turn up to the games that matter, time after time after time.

I've been saying this for donkeys. We're our own worst enemies, too many 'I'm a better supporter than you' types who darent critiscise the team or regime

5 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Been talked about many times before. The fans have little power and the power they do have, they're unwilling to use it. We'll turn up to the games that matter, time after time after time.

I dunno, they seemed rattled by the reaction to the Slovenia home game and the campaign ticket fiasco. But, i do agree, and i'm gonnie use it and face the wrath of the warriors, we have too many happy clappers.

We need to start focusing on the real problem and thats the SFA and those within those corridors. ,

Only this week championship clubs and lower have said that Project Brave risks everything they have done in terms of building youth development for the future. The SFA only seem interested in the 'elite' clubs.

Thats just one example of the bewildering actions the SFA have taken over recent years that hurt our game instead of improving it.

And its all under his tenure (and him leaving by no means solves it, it needs most of them to get out of our game(

I thought when Gordon smith came in, things would change. but it never. I would like to know whats said when ATAC have meetings with these clowns. Football will never change in this country unfortunately. though I live in hope. I turn up because I love watching Scotland and love the team, so do I deserve all I get???.

Edited by 1ANDYP

Just now, 1ANDYP said:

I thought when Gordon smith came in, things would change. but it never. I would like to know whats said when ATAC have meetings with these clowns. Football will never change in this country unfortunately. though I live in hope. 

Gordon Smith was like all the rest. He spoke a good game and still does yet delivered fukk all. £50 to see Argentina then compared it to Take That's circus tour

Just now, DoonTheSlope said:

Gordon Smith was like all the rest. He spoke a good game and still does yet delivered fukk all. £50 to see Argentina then compared it to Take That's circus tour

Agreed he turned out to be as bad as the rest, what can we do to change then?

2 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

I'm not trying to be a better fan than anyone. Just can't see how things can change. Can the committee get rid of Regan??

Never meant you personally pal but our support is rife with it.

As the saying goes "the bigger the feather, the bigger bawbag"

I would be delighted if we could gave a clear out but can't see it happening.  I will be raging if McKay gets the job full time and am giving the Holland game a miss. But will be back for the games next Sept. Just hope things start to improve.  Will be interesting to see the prices for the next campaign. And if the clowns will learn from their mistakes.

45 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

I thought when Gordon smith came in, things would change. but it never. I would like to know whats said when ATAC have meetings with these clowns. Football will never change in this country unfortunately. though I live in hope. I turn up because I love watching Scotland and love the team, so do I deserve all I get???.

43 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

42 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

Agreed he turned out to be as bad as the rest, what can we do to change then?

To be fair he went against the grain and spoke about his time there on radio the other night

More or less stated he was pishing against the wind with the lot of them

The problem is the press, who are quick enough to ask the question about a manager (and yes, i do realise thats their job) don't seem to be willing to put the full spotlight on the corridors of power, who in turn seem to operate as an untouchable entity.

Focus needs to start at the top and ask are they fulfilling their remit? I know what my answer is to that but we really could do with a full on discecction of our game.

If Regan and co are still in place after that then fine, i give up, but i think the clamour would start in earnest for them to move on. And it is a number, not juts one, our game is run by a failed business acumen.

This list needs worked through to see who has been a positive to our game and who hasn't. I posted this near on a year ago, i think all of the same people are still in all of the same roles.

btw, there are some very good people on these lists, let down badly by people around them not fit for the job. (did Topping not stand down already, regardless, this is the list still on the SFA site)

Professional Game Board:

Chairman: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA)
Members: Alan McRae (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), Andrew McKinlay (Scottish FA)*, Neil Doncaster (SPFL), Ralph Topping (SPFL), Duncan Fraser (SPFL), Michael Mulraney (SPFL), Stewart Robertson (SPFL), Sandy Stables (SHFL) and Andrew Waddell (SLFL)

*Co-opted member

Non-Professional Game Board:

Chairman: Alan McRae (Scottish FA)
Members: Rod Petrie (Scottish FA), Stewart Regan (Scottish FA), John Campbell (Scottish Welfare FA), Fiona Cardwell (Scottish Women's Football), John Gold (Scottish Schools FA), John Greenhorn (East of Scotland Football League), Colin Holden (South of Scotland Football League), Tom Johnston (Scottish Junior FA), Thomas McKeown (Scottish Amateur FA), David Little (Scottish Youth FA)

edited to add the update page. same principle applies.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=4126

Edited by TartanTon

10 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

If we don't make the next Euros then Regan has to go. This needs to be agreed now.

How long does he get exactly?

He start in July 2010. has done nothing positive of note yet gets to stay on when the manager is punted (which i do agree with but its another debate and plenty of discussion had around that)

I'm not sure if the line "has to be agreed now" is tongue in cheek. much of this debate is that he seems untouchable and how do we get them out. It looks like he and his cohorts would require to sack themselves and since it looks like he has a high opinion of himself thats not about to happen, failure in qualifying for the Euro's or not. In fact i believe the contrary, the Euro's will be our best chance of qualification for a generation, now is the time to clear out the failure and get prepared for them properly, and with an SFA who doesn't treat us with contempt and look to every way to pick our pockets while taking a handsome sum for a wee membership card every 2 years.

nah, sorry, now is the time he left. he has regularly sneered at us, even the odd argument (look at the recent debate with him and P&B, he made himself look totally incompetent in front of the masses)

9 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

How long does he get exactly?

He start in July 2010. has done nothing positive of note yet gets to stay on when the manager is punted (which i do agree with but its another debate and plenty of discussion had around that)

I'm not sure if the line "has to be agreed now" is tongue in cheek. much of this debate is that he seems untouchable and how do we get them out. It looks like he and his cohorts would require to sack themselves and since it looks like he has a high opinion of himself thats not about to happen, failure in qualifying for the Euro's or not. In fact i believe the contrary, the Euro's will be our best chance of qualification for a generation, now is the time to clear out the failure and get prepared for them properly, and with an SFA who doesn't treat us with contempt and look to every way to pick our pockets while taking a handsome sum for a wee membership card every 2 years.

nah, sorry, now is the time he left. he has regularly sneered at us, even the odd argument (look at the recent debate with him and P&B, he made himself look totally incompetent in front of the masses)

I'm not advocating that he deserves more time. If it were up to me he'd have been gone a long time ago. All I'm saying is that if he does stay, which looks likely, it needs to agreed that he can't stay if the next managerial appointment doesn't work out. 

problem is that agreement would never be forthcoming. Regan has found himself in a job that its very, very hard to get him out of. He certainly doesn't seem to have the best interests of Scottish Football at heart or he'd have chucked the towel in before now.

Its a clique, its a club, and they are looking after their own best interests.

The lot of them should walk out the door and hand football to people who both understand the game and the fans.

Bunker mentality is prevailing. Its them v the rest of us.

No wonder we can't achieve anything.

It’s not about me,” he said. “I think there is collective responsibility whenever you run an organisation where you’re looking at targets and looking at achievements

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15596049.SFA_chief_Stewart_Regan_refuses_to_take_the_blame_for_Russia_2018_failure_as_search_for_new_manager_gets_underway/?ref=mr&lp=11

23 hours ago, TartanTon said:

problem is that agreement would never be forthcoming. Regan has found himself in a job that its very, very hard to get him out of. He certainly doesn't seem to have the best interests of Scottish Football at heart or he'd have chucked the towel in before now.

Its a clique, its a club, and they are looking after their own best interests.

The lot of them should walk out the door and hand football to people who both understand the game and the fans.

Bunker mentality is prevailing. Its them v the rest of us.

Which is why they make the controversial decision to appoint Malky Mackay as interim manager - rather than say Scot Gemmill ...not to mention so so quickly

Classic deflection

Get everyone talking about Mackay in the main rather than them

On 13/10/2017 at 3:43 PM, DoonTheSlope said:

Vote with our feet but as I've said elsewhere on the board we are our own worst enemy. Far too many happy clappers trying to be a better supporter than the next man

Your saying the problem with Scottish football is people turning up and supporting the team? Brain dead man.  I’m pretty sure it’s part of the solution and probably the only reason we got anywhere near a playoff.

i think the problem is the opposite. I think it’s khunts sitting at home, pretending to be on some kind of protest, with one finger up their hole and the other one pointing at a bigger khunt (the sfa or whoever) saying ‘he’s the problem’. Aye mate he is, but so are you.

If you think the problem in Scotland is too many people being happy and clapping then you need to stay off the drugs, you mad brain dead salmon fiddler.

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Your saying the problem with Scottish football is people turning up and supporting the team? Brain dead man.  I’m pretty sure it’s part of the solution and probably the only reason we got anywhere near a playoff.

i think the problem is the opposite. I think it’s khunts sitting at home, pretending to be on some kind of protest, with one finger up their hole and the other one pointing at a bigger khunt (the sfa or whoever) saying ‘he’s the problem’. Aye mate he is, but so are you.

If you think the problem in Scotland is too many people being happy and clapping then you need to stay off the drugs, you mad brain dead salmon fiddler.

Don't hold back any now eh