Friendly Next Month - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendly Next Month

SteveHFC

22 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Agreed. What would be better, 9,000 people at £20 or 18,000 people at £10?

I would like to think more money would be made in the latter. 

Is that the sort of attendance you reckon there will be, 9k? We got way more than that in the last 2 games at Pittodrie against Estonia & The Faroes.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Is that the sort of attendance you reckon there will be, 9k? We got way more than that in the last 2 games at Pittodrie against Estonia & The Faroes.

I just plucked a number out of the air to be honest, the last game (if I recall) there was a buzz about strachans first game, there isn’t the same feeling just now imo, I think this will have a negative vibe to the attendance, they themselves don’t expect too much with the rdu not being available and also what I tweeted to the sfa today (with no response) btw. 

Can I buy a members ticket at £15 and be seated beside my non member son, or do I have to wait until the members sale is over and pay full whack? It doesn’t really create a feeling of being wanted. 

I do realise we could probably sit/stand where we want though. 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Can I buy a members ticket at £15 and be seated beside my non member son, or do I have to wait until the members sale is over and pay full whack? It doesn’t really create a feeling of being wanted. 

I do realise we could probably sit/stand where we want though. 

I just bought a couple of tickets for the main stand for my father in law (non member) and me. So they are selling them as a mixed purchase right from the off, so you and your son should be fine if you want to buy them now.

How about someone new for friendlies in March?  What about Egypt, one of the best teams in Africa but always froze in the qualifiers until now, would be a good test.  Or Maybe Colombia or Iran.  With the Nations Cup coming up every 2 years, looks like they will be limited scope for friendlies against non-European opposition. 

1 hour ago, northernscum said:

I just bought a couple of tickets for the main stand for my father in law (non member) and me. So they are selling them as a mixed purchase right from the off, so you and your son should be fine if you want to buy them now.

:ok: they must be allowing members to buy what they want. 

Credit where it’s due, email just a bit confusing. 

Or im a bit thick :unsure:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/celtic-manager-rodgers-backs-dundees-hendry-scotland-call/amp/

Brendan Rodgers backing Jack Hendry for a call up.

22 year old 6'2 centre back who he says is "quick, strong & can pass"

IIRC He played some games at Thistle before moving to the championship & had a couple of loans prior to this season. 

22 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/celtic-manager-rodgers-backs-dundees-hendry-scotland-call/amp/

IIRC He played some games at Thistle before moving to the championship & had a couple of loans prior to this season. 

He doesn't actually "back him for a call up" if you read the quotes but good to know there's potentially another option for us at least.

At the start of the season he looked pretty damn poor in my opinion, but the last few games he has came on massively, maybe just needed a run in a team. 

Big laddie, quite composed on the ball and doesn’t get easily rattled. 

Im not a big fan of people backing players from their club getting called up, rose tinted glasses and all that, but we are really lacking defenders, and he is probably no worse than what we have currently. 

10 hours ago, ProudScot said:

‘I thought they were a good little side’. 

How patronising. 

I wonder who the last Dundee player to get capped was? 

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I forgot about him. I thought it would have been years earlier. 

That boy used to terrify me in central defence. 

Back when our centre half prospects looked like they would be Lee Wilkie and Zander Diamond. Monaco and Athletico Madrid were seemingly looking at them both 😂

Did Zander Diamond ever get a call up never mind a cap?

6 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Back when our centre half prospects looked like they would be Lee Wilkie and Zander Diamond. Monaco and Athletico Madrid were seemingly looking at them both 😂

Did Zander Diamond ever get a call up never mind a cap?

I bet they didn’t look for long. :lol:

Diamond was capped once I think but it was a B international or a ‘futures’ match or whatever Berti used to call them. 

I wasn't sure about whether to go to this game or not just had a look on the SFA website n logged in to the supporters club to get 2 tics for me n the mrs no home games on it then got in to the public sale site  quoting £20 each I know its only a tenner but its the principle stopping me was planning on  giving them a phone in the morning but was just wondering if they'll just say phone AFC as we've handed the tics to them which will mean £20 each instead of only £15

On 10/25/2017 at 5:23 PM, jcs said:

I wasn't sure about whether to go to this game or not just had a look on the SFA website n logged in to the supporters club to get 2 tics for me n the mrs no home games on it then got in to the public sale site  quoting £20 each I know its only a tenner but its the principle stopping me was planning on  giving them a phone in the morning but was just wondering if they'll just say phone AFC as we've handed the tics to them which will mean £20 each instead of only £15

The SSC sale finished on the 24th.