Friendly Next Month - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Friendly Next Month

SteveHFC

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, fringo said:

It seriously should be the minimum to cover costs for policing, stewarding, admin cost etc.

Max £10 for adults and free for under 16s or what ever that break even cost is..

They can’t fleece people for a silly profit with that business model though :ok:

Edited by dandydunn

18 hours ago, fringo said:

It seriously should be the minimum to cover costs for policing, stewarding, admin cost etc.

Max £10 for adults and free for under 16s or what ever that break even cost is..

To be fair to the SFA they are a business. Not sure why they should do something for nothing. 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

To be fair to the SFA they are a business. Not sure why they should do something for nothing. 

And they've made it all the more screamingly obvious in recent years. And in there lieth the problem.

Just like UEFA, FIFA etc. No longer is football actually a priority but money and fleecing fans, (sorry customers).

It should be a not-for-profit organisation, and NOT a business.

1 hour ago, fringo said:

And they've made it all the more screamingly obvious in recent years. And in there lieth the problem.

Just like UEFA, FIFA etc. No longer is football actually a priority but money and fleecing fans, (sorry customers).

It should be a not-for-profit organisation, and NOT a business.

I don’t think the SFA are strictly speaking non-profit but they aren’t  exactly a company that’s set up to make money. 

How many people do they employ? The Scotland managers job is half a million quid a year for a start. Where do you suggest they get the money for that? TV money alone won’t pay for all their overheads.

The SFA require sponsorship to run so I doubt ticket sales and TV money is enough for them to operate as it is without charging the bare minimum for ticket prices.

There are too many fat cats and I dare say the SFA could be run much better than it is but I think the idea of only charging enough to cover police and stewarding etc. is maybe a little naive. 

If they were run better I would imagine they could charge a bit less for qualifiers (I personally don’t think the £125 I paid for 5 games this campaign was that bad but some tickets are too expensive I feel) but I don’t think £15 for a friendly is too high. £20 on the public sale is maybe a bit steep but you won’t find a game of professional football for much less than that anywhere in Britain.

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I don’t think the SFA are strictly speaking non-profit but they aren’t  exactly a company that’s set up to make money. 

How many people do they employ? The Scotland managers job is half a million quid a year for a start. Where do you suggest they get the money for that? TV money alone won’t pay for all their overheads.

The SFA require sponsorship to run so I doubt ticket sales and TV money is enough for them to operate as it is without charging the bare minimum for ticket prices.

There are too many fat cats and I dare say the SFA could be run much better than it is but I think the idea of only charging enough to cover police and stewarding etc. is maybe a little naive. 

If they were run better I would imagine they could charge a bit less for qualifiers (I personally don’t think the £125 I paid for 5 games this campaign was that bad but some tickets are too expensive I feel) but I don’t think £15 for a friendly is too high. £20 on the public sale is maybe a bit steep but you won’t find a game of professional football for much less than that anywhere in Britain.

Many fair points and to be fair, they have more recently restructured some of their ticket prices compared to 3-5 years earlier when they did start fleecing fans.

I still think a midweek friendly in Nov should be lower pricing than suggested as it would also boost the crowd and thereby help the team a little more.

Just now, fringo said:

Many fair points and to be fair, they have more recently restructured some of their ticket prices compared to 3-5 years earlier when they did start fleecing fans.

I still think a midweek friendly in Nov should be lower pricing than suggested as it would also boost the crowd and thereby help the team a little more.

Yeah they could take a wee hit for this one seeing as we failed to get a playoff and our opponents aren’t exactly as illustrious as the one were. 

Aberdeen will be getting their cut though don’t forget. 

1 hour ago, fringo said:

Agreed. What would be better, 9,000 people at £20 or 18,000 people at £10?

I would like to think more money would be made in the latter.