Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 83 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

3 hours ago, Chripper said:

I'm probably in the minority here but the manager change is the least of my concerns.

McLeish may on his last legs as a manager but the problems before us are not of his making. The mediocrity that we are now seeing has been 40+ years in the making.

If Ron Petrie is appointed SFA president then I'm afraid it's another 5+ years of mediocrity. If that happens (and it looks likely as he's running in a one-horse race) then as far as attending matches, buying shirts and merchandise, I'm out.

Not sure why you think you would be in the minority, most sane Scotland fans know that a manager change is a short term fix however getting one in who can properly motivate the players will help improve results in the short term

57 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Not sure why you think you would be in the minority, most sane Scotland fans know that a manager change is a short term fix however getting one in who can properly motivate the players will help improve results in the short term

Because of "#ecksit", etc. Personally, I don't care how long McLeish stay for, and I'm most definitely in the minority with that one.

I'm sick of the short fix attitude and the "this isn't the type to experiment" mentality. The only thing that will bring change is if there's changes at the SFA, but the bigwigs at the SFA don't want that, as it would be akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

In my opinion, they should be hounded out of office.

Edited by Chripper

9 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Because of "#ecksit", etc. Personally, I don't care how long McLeish stay for, and I'm most definitely in the minority with that one.

I'm sick of the short fix attitude and the "this isn't the type to experiment" mentality. The only thing that will bring change is if there's changes at the SFA, but the bigwigs at the SFA don't want that, as it would be akin to Turkeys voting for Christmas. 

In my opinion, they should be hounded out of office.

We didn’t really have a short fix attitude.

Strachen was in charge since 2014 till 2017 which is a long time.      It’s not like we booted the manager every few months is it?

The only one that didn’t stay long was Alex the first time around but he left because the campaign was over.

2 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Strachen was in charge since 2014 till 2017 which is a long time.      It’s not like we booted the manager every few months is it?

The only one that didn’t stay long was Alex the first time around but he left because the campaign was over.

Three years is short term in football terms. Hell, Scotland play 3 at the back for 5 matches and the Scotland fans think THAT'S a lot of time.

You want to bring in Dickov? Sure, why not. Bring it.

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

#wearealldickov

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Lighten up, its harmless fun.

I'm all for a bit of banter mate but when your sole bit of banter is to say Dickov for manager on every single topic and get a laugh from absolutely no one then it's really time to give it up eh.

2 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

I'm all for a bit of banter mate but when your sole bit of banter is to say Dickov for manager on every single topic and get a laugh from absolutely no one then it's really time to give it up eh.

Wind yer neck in for goodness sake. If you don't like it then just use the ignore function.

Bonny78 if it's any consolation I'd rather have Paul Dickov than that floppy cock David Moyes.:ok:

28 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Wind yer neck in for goodness sake. If you don't like it then just use the ignore function.

Bonny78 if it's any consolation I'd rather have Paul Dickov than that floppy cock David Moyes.:ok:

THIS

Theres far too many serious people on here nowadays. A little light humour isn't hurting anyone

The trouble is, unless you're English (and that is not me being xenophobic but I live down south) the position we find ourselves in is simply not funny. It hurts. Big time. I spent a grand to see the performance in Astana. I'm not gonna pick on eck. But i was and continue to be seriously pi$$ed off at the folk that wanted rid of Strachan for a stupid notion we'd get a golden manager willing to manage a difficult situation. The post that started this latest bit thought a foreign manager was a solution. Why would they chose the Scotland national team ? And, again not being xenophobic, the one thing a Scot brings is our passion. Hell we've got enough against us without that. 

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Have some of ye still not twigged yet that bonny78 is a steam powered WUM ?:lol:

I wish that were the case but unfortunately he's for real! 😩

Edited by todd

9 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

THIS

Theres far too many serious people on here nowadays. A little light humour isn't hurting anyone

Are you seriously passing Bonny78 off as humorous! 😂 That is probably the funniest part about this that someone else is actually on his/her level. Imagine having a night out with you two. Sitting having a pint together, spontaneously laughing at each other as each of you take it in turns to blurt out the names of shit ex Scotland players we could have as manager for a 'laugh'. Oh what fun, this game could last forever. Whilst everyone else in the pub is looking over at you, thinking the exact same thing, look at these two absolute wallopers.

12 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

Are you seriously passing Bonny78 off as humorous! 😂 That is probably the funniest part about this that someone else is actually on his/her level. Imagine having a night out with you two. Sitting having a pint together, spontaneously laughing at each other as each of you take it in turns to blurt out the names of shit ex Scotland players we could have as manager for a 'laugh'. Oh what fun, this game could last forever. Whilst everyone else in the pub is looking over at you, thinking the exact same thing, look at these two absolute wallopers.

I said light humour, I never said I thought bonny78 was humorous. Most of us can see his posts for what they are. Too many serious twats like you on here. Hes doing no harm at all apart from making you all upset.

I dont particularly like his posts, most are quite shit. I do find you to be a miserable cunt though. 

47 minutes ago, bazmidd said:

you'd have a point if we didn't already have a sh1t manager

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I said light humour, I never said I thought bonny78 was humorous. Most of us can see his posts for what they are. Too many serious twats like you on here. Hes doing no harm at all apart from making you all upset.

I dont particularly like his posts, most are quite shit. I do find you to be a miserable cunt though. 

Wow no need for the big swear words pal seems like the only one getting a bit upset and tetchy here is you. 😪 I'm sure bonny will cheer you up if you ask him who he wants as Scotland manger.