Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 29 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

Nothing is going to change though as long as arseholes like us mump and moan on Facebook, Twitter and TAMB about the SFA then two minutes later find we are tripping over ourselves to renew memberships, buy tickets for games, booking flights, buying overpriced merchandise tat and falling for all this horrendous PR pish i.e. Come along to Hampden and watch the draw/kit launch etc and get a selfie with some wifey fae the wummins team and some non entity fringe player with entertainment provided by some Glasgow band no cunt has ever heard off

I hope they are in a for a shock come the renewals. I for one will not be renewing

Id like to think that we as a support have found a backbone but I can't see it. There's more chance of the Beatles and Beegees making a comeback as a supergroup than us finding a spine, bearing in mind 4 of them are deid. Too many of our support use supporting Scotland as a badge of honour and like to be seen as a better fan than the (wo)man beside him

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES AND WE ARE JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME AS THE USELESS CUNTS AT GFA FOR LETTING THINGS GET TO THIS STAGE

Edited by DoonTheSlope

53 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Nothing is going to change though as long as arseholes like us mump and moan on Facebook, Twitter and TAMB about the SFA then two minutes later find we are tripping over ourselves to renew memberships, buy tickets for games, booking flights, buying overpriced merchandise tat and falling for all this horrendous PR pish i.e. Come along to Hampden and watch the draw/kit launch etc and get a selfie with some wifey fae the wummins team and some non entity fringe player with entertainment provided by some Glasgow band no cunt has ever heard off

I hope they are in a for a shock come the renewals. I for one will not be renewing

Id like to think that we as a support have found a backbone but I can't see it. There's more chance of the Beatles and Beegees making a comeback as a supergroup than us finding a spine, bearing in mind 4 of them are deid. Too many of our support use supporting Scotland as a badge of honour and like to be seen as a better fan than the (wo)man beside him

WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMIES AND WE ARE JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME AS THE USELESS CUNTS AT GFA FOR LETTING THINGS GET TO THIS STAGE

I’m renewing. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

1 hour ago, weekevie04 said:

Out of the realistic SFA options - lots of Scottish duds ; O'Neill or McInnes. And if that report is correct that O'Neill will stay with Northern Ireland then we should look at McInnes but given his loyalty to Aberdeen he might well end up rejecting us too.

If it's between the likes of McLeish, Davies etc , I'd keep McKay in the post until the next competitive games. Thought we did well in the Dutch friendly and he refreshingly talks up our game, players unlike some others. Yes, a very chequered past, but surely he's gone through a contemplation/redemption period. 

The SFA are utterly honking though. Even if some of us did their hard work and sent them a list of available international managers who are without a club/nation; they still wouldn't interview or know what to do e.g take Levein over Lagerback.

McInnes has assembled a good squad making the sort of acquisitions anyone on here would do, too. I’m not convinced he can alter the way his team plays mid-game to win big matches.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Totally agree.

Even if folk wait until the last day until they renew it would be noticed. But there will be plenty that do it as soon as they can, like they can't wait to part with their cash. 

Just imagine if nobody renewed in the first week of it being reopened. 

I have not bought the new tops for me or my kids this year because of our failure to get to the world cup. I live abroad and usually my mum would ask if she wanted her to get them but I decided on principal why buy the jersey, I can wait until its cheap if at all. Money is the only voice as a supporter we really have.

It's for that same reason I refuse to use the catering inside Hampden. And I've got the past few tops for the kids from Ali Express and DHgate for the simple reason of not wanting to contribute to the marketing people at the SFA.

I will probably renew for me and the kids but it'll be last minute. And I'll be giving the North Stand a miss again as the pricing there has been an excessive the past few campaigns.

However if they appoint Guardiola tomorrow and announce away matches against Argentina, Australia and Iran then they can double the renewal cost and I'll stump up.

3 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

However if they appoint Guardiola tomorrow and announce away matches against Argentina, Australia and Iran then they can double the renewal cost and I'll stump up.

Tickets for home and away games will still be easy enough to get hold of if the last few campaigns are anything to go by 

I am renewing in case we actually do qualify as every man and his dog will be wanting to join next time round with some finals games at Hampden. Not renewing could mean missing out on that finals. Fail to qualify this time and it will be my last time I renew though.

42 minutes ago, allyc said:

Micheal o neill odds lengthened but still favourite with most bookies...but only equal with alex mcleish....

He’s definitely going to be the next Stoke manager. 

And I don’t mean McLeish!

We will end up with McLeish because it now “suits him to be manager” 🙈

On 06/01/2018 at 5:50 PM, tartanmartin said:

DaveyDenoon that is a great post.

The SFA is run by marketing men rather than football men so they view every action in terms of money. This needs to change. We have gone backwards under Regan's tenure and we should be looking for his head on a stick.

Michael O'Neill has never been my top pick but as soon as the SFA made him their first choice they should have secured him. They are now potentially left looking like the amateurs that they are. We approach the Nation's League draw on 24 January without a manager in place. We have no fixtures lined up and appear rudderless with Regan at the helm.

His discomfort about the true cost of leasing Hampden also risks us becoming homeless due to his (in)actions.

Get him out. Get Morten Olsen in. Or Slaven Bilic. Someone at the SFA needs to show leadership but none of them will as they are just stuffed blazers.

Regans tenure has been a disaster, he’s completely clueless. He should have been sacked when rangers went bust, his comments were a disgrace. Since then he’s made an even bigger ass of his job. He should never have had the job to start with.

why on earth would Michael O'Neill take the Scotland job when offered a lucrative 6 year contract.  It's madness it's even a talking point.

Renewing or not renewing SSCs means bugger all to what happens on the park.  Get over yourselves.  Neither does who sponsors us or how pricey a pie is.  It's a not a football club, it's the national team.

Why be in the SSC at all?  Makes no sense.

41 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

why on earth would Michael O'Neill take the Scotland job when offered a lucrative 6 year contract.  It's madness it's even a talking point.

It’s strange how it happens, but sometimes a manager will take a job that on the face it makes you scratch your head and wonder what on Earth his thinking was.

Mostly it is because the club/association chasing him has massaged his ego and made it clear how much they rate him and how much they want him.

Something the SFA has spectacularly failed to do and this is why Michael O’Neill will not be our next gaffer.

53 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Have they even had a meeting with O'Neill? Informal or formal?

If O'Neill turns it down and if they try to tempt McInnes and he does too - just give it to McKay for a year and see how he does.

I honestly can’t see how McInnes would do any different from Strachan. 

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/15812786.SFA_set_to_approach_other_candidates_for_the_Scotland_manager__39_s_job_if_the_price_isn__39_t_right_for_Michael_O__39_Neill/

SFA Source describing Michael O'Neill's situation as "in the balance" can be termed as optimistic at best.

For me - McLeish is always too passive dishing out quotes like "come and get me" or "I'd be happy to talk". We need someone with a bit of gumption to apply themselves rather than sitting by a phone and stirring media speculation every time the Scotland or Rangers job is going spare.

Paul Lambert - some might say safe some might say uninspiring - former player turned manager who has several years of up and down success managing in England would appear to be the most likely choice.

Others such as Prandelli or Billic would be outside the box appointments, the type of appointment which would surprise everyone I reckon if the SFA were to pull off.

That said although I have had countless complaints about the SFA and the concept that they seem to be marketing over football as long as the gravy train keep running, since I care enough to emphatically hope that they get it right eventually, this is why I have to renew my membership. However I do understand this type of comment won't inspire the cynics or the weary sufferers of the National Team to do the same!

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

I honestly can’t see how McInnes would do any different from Strachan. 

You've got a point - he seems to shite the big games.

I'm going by the SFA standards. I am all for a foreign coach, but need to be realistic with the SFA in charge.

It'll be McLeish's again by March. ;)