Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 78 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

12 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

But it's fine for you to cast aspersions that I "hate" him without a shred of evidence? 

Inventing bile to use against his appointment comes across as hateful to me. As I said in two seperate posts you made alcohol-related statements against him that comes across as hateful to me maybe it is anger he got the job but why not just let it drop and retract false/unfounded allegations and say you just don't want him in the job. Not that it would matter in any case because he is in the job now possibly for the next two years or maybe more and you spouting stuff ain't going to change that.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

45 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

I don't hate him. I've met him a number of times since we first stayed at the Hotel Sport in Tallinn in 96. He was coaching the 21s then. I've since got him to sign a photo of the pair of us together since then. A photo that appeared in a TA book.

Both my sons have signed footballs from him. I have a lot of time for him. I just do not think he is the guy to take us forward but I'll still be hoping he does.

Which TA book?

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Which is why it’s all the more annoying why these fans allow thousands of Rangers fans to continue with their anti-Scottish shite at games. <_<

There are more Rangers fans who don't go to games or who go and don't sing than the vocal loudmouths. 

Interestingly I haven't heard an anti Scotland other TA song at Ibrox for donkeys. I know I don't go every week but I think this may only be prevalent in the away support, which definitely contains a larger percentage than normal of pond life. 

58 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

And where did I say he was stinking of booze? 

Saying McLeish is ‘on the bevvy’ suggests you think he has a serious drink problem that will affect his performance as Scotland manager. 

I didn’t say that you said he was stinking of booze but if he’s drunk enough for his speech to be affected then he’d likely have a fair smell of swally about him. 

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Inventing bile to use against his appointment comes across as hateful to me. As I said in two seperate posts you made alcohol-related statements against him that comes across as hateful to me maybe it is anger he got the job but why not just let it drop and retract false/unfounded allegations and say you just don't want him in the job. Not that it would matter in any case because he is in the job now possibly for the next two years or maybe more and you spouting stuff ain't going to change that.

"Bile" "hateful" lol you're a piece of work :lol:

I've already said why I don't think he was the right appointment. Keep up the good work.

13 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Saying McLeish is ‘on the bevvy’ suggests you think he has a serious drink problem that will affect his performance as Scotland manager. 

I didn’t say that you said he was stinking of booze but if he’s drunk enough for his speech to be affected then he’d likely have a fair smell of swally about him. 

Cool so we agree I didn't say that. Cheers.

People change over the years, that includes looks, hearing, eyesight and even speech. It's called getting older. To accuse someone of being an alcoholic when you have not one shred evidence to back this up is completely unacceptable and TartanMartin should be embarrassed by his post

If anyone be it players, manager or admin staff has any personal issues such as alcohol and drug misuse I'd like to think even the SFA have the heart and compassion to help and support that person through any issues. If after that they continue to take advantage then they should be dealt with compassionately and accordingly

55 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

You said that and twice made unfounded allegations related to alcohol about McLeish. Either admit they are unfounded or give us your proof.

Give us the proof that Allardyce isn't Scottish first. That's a far worse accusation. Or is it one rule for one.....

12 minutes ago, The Laud said:

I think its Mcliesh who should be embarrassed.managing a country that he doesnt want to be a country.

The way the sfa have performed recently is an example of how the Scottish government would perform on a grander scale.  That's why so many voted no. Not because they hate their country, quite the opposite.