Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 77 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

8 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I couldn't care less about any club association. He's a busted flush. Apparently on the bevvy as sounds plausible from hearing him speak. He's been unemployed for a reason.

And i wouldn't trust Macrae and Petrie to hire a cleaner far less an international manager.

What evidence do you have to back that up? Other than your opinion?

I’m pretty sure that if he had such a bad drinking problem and was cutting about pished at all hours of the day, he wouldn’t have got through his interview and he would be staggering about and reeking of booze which would get noticed. 

For all you know he has a medical condition or something which affects his speech. There’s plenty of them to choose from but you go straight for the alky patter. 

If you don’t want to give the guy a chance that’s up to you but I’m afraid you’ll have to accept that McLeish is now the manager of Scotland. You can moan about it all you like but it’s not going to change that fact. 

8 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

The SSC survey (over 6000 responses) showed Rangers fans as the largest group of Scotland followers. Aberdeen second and Celtic third.

And?

What percentage of Rangers' fans support Scotland?

99.87% of people who consider themselves to be Stirling Albion fans support Scotland.

I'll bet the Rangers' stat would be considerably less.

Oh, and recent research has show that 83.6% of stats are made up on the spot.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

What evidence do you have to back that up? Other than your opinion?

I’m pretty sure that if he had such a bad drinking problem and was cutting about pished at all hours of the day, he wouldn’t have got through his interview and he would be staggering about and reeking of booze which would get noticed. 

For all you know he has a medical condition or something which affects his speech. There’s plenty of them to choose from but you go straight for the alky patter. 

If you don’t want to give the guy a chance that’s up to you but I’m afraid you’ll have to accept that McLeish is now the manager of Scotland. You can moan about it all you like but it’s not going to change that fact. 

I absolutely want McLeish to be a success but hearing him recently I'm surprised he passed an interview. On Friday he couldn't offer any suggestions of how he's improved as a manager (other than being older and more experienced) or any plans as to how he'd take us forward.

Of the three on the selection panel one is an old mate who chaired his testimonial committee and another is responsible for managerial masterstroke appointments such as Pat Fenlon,  Terry Butcher and Colin Calderwood. 

As for any personal issues we'll see if anything comes out but he has a lot of cheerleaders in the media who will keep it on the QT. I know what I know and will leave it at that.

7 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

. I know what I know and will leave it at that.

Not good enough. Give us hard core evidence that McLeish is an alcoholic or withdraw the statement. That would be fair.

Either supply us with evidence that he's been to alcoholics anonymous meetings or do you have photographic evidence of him lying blootered in the streets a la Broonie?

5 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

Have a listen to him on sportsound last Friday. The podcast will be available.

So because his speech isn't clear he's an alky? 

My brother sounds pished most days but that's because he has Cerebral Palsy. 

So perhaps you're talking shite. Does that make you a toilet? 

4 hours ago, Flure said:

And?

What percentage of Rangers' fans support Scotland?

99.87% of people who consider themselves to be Stirling Albion fans support Scotland.

I'll bet the Rangers' stat would be considerably less.

Oh, and recent research has show that 83.6% of stats are made up on the spot.

The response was to a half wit that seemed to think we are all TA hating little inglanders. I was pointing out he was talking pish. 

On 2/16/2018 at 1:32 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

I was with you on our players not being good enough but the bit about the fans is utter shite. 

There are more Rangers fans in the Scotland fan base than any other club. 

Which is why it’s all the more annoying why these fans allow thousands of Rangers fans to continue with their anti-Scottish shite at games. <_<

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not good enough. Give us hard core evidence that McLeish is an alcoholic or withdraw the statement. That would be fair.

Either supply us with evidence that he's been to alcoholics anonymous meetings or do you have photographic evidence of him lying blootered in the streets a la Broonie?

Aye whatever Judge Judy. Go and point out where I said he was an alcoholic while you're at it.

13 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

An appropriate metaphor for the new manager and bevvy.

13 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I couldn't care less about any club association. He's a busted flush. Apparently on the bevvy as sounds plausible from hearing him speak. He's been unemployed for a reason.

And i wouldn't trust Macrae and Petrie to hire a cleaner far less an international manager.

Sounds a lot like it to me and the other posters on here.

Well the other day he was claiming it was his "destiny" to be Scotland manager again.  A few weeks ago he could've been standing at Ibrox claiming the same thing about The Rangers who he was hoorin himself to at the time.

Apparently he left in 2007 cos there weren't any competitive games for quite a few months.  A bit like now in fact.  Wonder what the difference is?

Point is how you take the news of McLeish getting the job.

He wouldn't have been my choice by a long way but would have taken him over others mentioned. I am far from pleased but I don't come on here throwing my dummy out of the pram and making unfounnded accusations like tartanmartin has. We catch his drift - he hates McLeish but making up stuff to elevate your reasons to hate is pathetic. It really is.

11 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Well the other day he was claiming it was his "destiny" to be Scotland manager again.  A few weeks ago he could've been standing at Ibrox claiming the same thing about The Rangers who he was hoorin himself to at the time.

Apparently he left in 2007 cos there weren't any competitive games for quite a few months.  A bit like now in fact.  Wonder what the difference is?

Where did you see that McLeish was interested in the Rangers job? The last I saw he was distancing himself from Ibrox and saying the Scotland job was his preference. 

That was a good few weeks ago right enough (before Murty got the Rangers job to the end of the season) but I don’t remember him saying anything after that. 

2 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I absolutely want McLeish to be a success but hearing him recently I'm surprised he passed an interview. On Friday he couldn't offer any suggestions of how he's improved as a manager (other than being older and more experienced) or any plans as to how he'd take us forward.

Of the three on the selection panel one is an old mate who chaired his testimonial committee and another is responsible for managerial masterstroke appointments such as Pat Fenlon,  Terry Butcher and Colin Calderwood. 

As for any personal issues we'll see if anything comes out but he has a lot of cheerleaders in the media who will keep it on the QT. I know what I know and will leave it at that.

McLeish may have friends in the media but if he’s stinking of booze at a press conference someone is bound to publish something about it. 

Even if he does have drink problem surely he’d be able to stay sober long enough to meet his media commitments on the day his appointment was announced?

From memory, McLeish has never been that eloquent in interviews. 

Only time will tell I suppose but if he’s as big a booze bag as you say I think it will come out over the next few months. 

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Point is how you take the news of McLeish getting the job.

He wouldn't have been my choice by a long way but would have taken him over others mentioned. I am far from pleased but I don't come on here throwing my dummy out of the pram and making unfounnded accusations like tartanmartin has. We catch his drift - he hates McLeish but making up stuff to elevate your reasons to hate is pathetic. It really is.

I don't hate him. I've met him a number of times since we first stayed at the Hotel Sport in Tallinn in 96. He was coaching the 21s then. I've since got him to sign a photo of the pair of us together since then. A photo that appeared in a TA book.

Both my sons have signed footballs from him. I have a lot of time for him. I just do not think he is the guy to take us forward but I'll still be hoping he does.

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Are you suggesting that someone who turns up at a job interview drunk or who speaks to the press/media whilst drunk is unlikely to be an alcoholic? 

Where did I say he attended a job interview drunk? I said he provided no evidence in his radio interview that he had ideas to progress us.

7 minutes ago, tartanmartin said:

I don't hate him. I've met him a number of times since we first stayed at the Hotel Sport in Tallinn in 96. He was coaching the 21s then. I've since got him to sign a photo of the pair of us together since then. A photo that appeared in a TA book.

Both my sons have signed footballs from him. I have a lot of time for him. I just do not think he is the guy to take us forward but I'll still be hoping he does.

Fine - that is acceptable. What isn't is casting aspersions on him without a shred of evidence connected with alcohol.