Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 76 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

3 hours ago, Que Sera Sera said:

In contrast, under Strachan I thought that Georgia and Slovakia away were the only really bad performances in the last two campaigns.

You've either forgotten the Lithuania home game or you have a very low bar when deciding what constitutes a really bad performance.

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Wee Jamesie in the form of his life. Be interesting to see if he can bring it in dark blue. 👍

I wouldn't trouble myself arguing with a clown who can't even spell the new manager's name m8. 😉

Hahahahahaha, you’ve actually agreed with what I said then proceeded to slag me off..............yet I’m the clown.

27 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

What’s your point ffs?

He leapt to the defence of a Celtic fan I was arguing with, he doesn’t understand that it’s about Scotland not Celtic, then the only thing he could pick on was a spelling mistake. He will resort to personal abuse soon.

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

He leapt to the defence of a Celtic fan I was arguing with, he doesn’t understand that it’s about Scotland not Celtic, then the only thing he could pick on was a spelling mistake. He will resort to personal abuse soon.

I was surprised that an Aberdeen fan who never tires of telling people where they are going wrong can't spell a club legends name, yes.

As for personal abuse you seem to have been dishing out plenty of late. It seems you don't practice what you preach 

4 minutes ago, slasher said:

I was surprised that an Aberdeen fan who never tires of telling people where they are going wrong can't spell a club legends name, yes.

As for personal abuse you seem to have been dishing out plenty of late. It seems you don't practice what you preach 

It was a very weak reason to pick on, you know it as well as I do. You practically agreed with me on Forrest so you picked on a spelling mistake. If it was a fan of any other club you wouldn’t be invoked

you had zero reason to get involved in that debate, you did it because it was me involved and I slagged of a Celtic player. You know it’s true but you won’t admit it.

where have I dished out personal abuse? 

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ah! Makes sense now. I didn’t realise he was correcting your spelling. 

21 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It was a very weak reason to pick on, you know it as well as I do. You practically agreed with me on Forrest so you picked on a spelling mistake. If it was a fan of any other club you wouldn’t be invoked

you had zero reason to get involved in that debate, you did it because it was me involved and I slagged of a Celtic player. You know it’s true but you won’t admit it.

where have I dished out personal abuse? 

Read your posts back. If you're happy with them fine.

You seem to think I'm picking on you, but I've seen umpteen posts from you slagging off Celtic or Broony or the manager and haven't responded. As for jumping into other people's arguments that's exactly what you did with Mr. McCoolJ and I.

Maybe try and apply the high standards you expect of others to yourself, it might help 👍

Just now, slasher said:

Read your posts back. If you're happy with them fine.

You seem to think I'm picking on you, but I've seen umpteen posts from you slagging off Celtic or Broony or the manager and haven't responded. As for jumping into other people's arguments that's exactly what you did with Mr. McCoolJ and I.

Maybe try and apply the high standards you expect of others to yourself, it might help 👍

I’ve been critical of Rodgers and brown, yes that’s true. I’ve also been very complimentary of the rest of Celtics Scottish contingent. You wouldnt notice that, i wonder why.

there is a huge difference between me getting involved in your argument than you getting involved here. You were being way OTT with the abuse. PASTA and I were clearly debating the new manager, I disagreed with his reasons for being unhappy and he disagreed with me. We often disagree on James Forrest. 

Its very clear you have an issue with me otherwise you wouldn’t have called me a clown and got involved. You would have stayed out of it or added something to add to the arrgument/debate. You made that remark because you wanted an argument.

Still waiting fo you to sow me where I’ve been abusive lately like you said. 

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I’ve been critical of Rodgers and brown, yes that’s true. I’ve also been very complimentary of the rest of Celtics Scottish contingent. You wouldnt notice that, i wonder why.

there is a huge difference between me getting involved in your argument than you getting involved here. You were being way OTT with the abuse. PASTA and I were clearly debating the new manager, I disagreed with his reasons for being unhappy and he disagreed with me. We often disagree on James Forrest. 

Its very clear you have an issue with me otherwise you wouldn’t have called me a clown and got involved. You would have stayed out of it or added something to add to the arrgument/debate. You made that remark because you wanted an argument.

Still waiting fo you to sow me where I’ve been abusive lately like you said. 

Even if I did have an 'issue' with you, why the fuck would you care, I certainly don't. I'm going to do the rest of the board a favour and call a halt. Have the last word if you like 👍

On 15/02/2018 at 9:57 PM, Texas Pete said:

How on earth do you know who was or wasn’t approached? 

Yeah Koeman was fantastic at Everton wasn’t he? Bilic also made an arse of his last job.  

Anyway, I didn’t mean we shouldn’t be trying to get the best manager possible. I just meant we struggle to attract top talent. We couldn’t tempt Michael O’Neill away from Northern Ireland or Walter Smith out of retirement ffs.

What makes you think we’re going to attract a sought after manager to our shores?

If you don't ask you don't get

On 16/02/2018 at 11:25 AM, tjm007 said:

Am not aiming to persuade.

Am suggesting that there is a large % of the national support who cannot countenance players and managers because of their links to certain clubs. 

For Scotland to succeed as many fans as possible need to get over that and soon.

Booing and boycotts have to stop.

Equal cheers for goals from Cummings and Griffiths.

Some fans need to grow up.

I couldn't care less about any club association. He's a busted flush. Apparently on the bevvy as sounds plausible from hearing him speak. He's been unemployed for a reason.

And i wouldn't trust Macrae and Petrie to hire a cleaner far less an international manager.

On 16/02/2018 at 8:12 PM, tattiescone69 said:

I'm not sure if that's really true, i've met precious few of them on countless Scotland trips , Celtic ones either to be fair but i reckon it's an urban myth how many there are these days . Maybe they don't want to admit it . And the hatred of the TA and Scotland from Ibrox is certainly not imagined 

The SSC survey (over 6000 responses) showed Rangers fans as the largest group of Scotland followers. Aberdeen second and Celtic third.

15 hours ago, tjm007 said:

5. Sevco

6. Huns

7. Sevco

8. EBTs

There - no need to hide it behind some film flam about a football person changing jobs.

Be honest about your grievance - it’s the first step to a cure.

New manager , fresh start, let’s put booing of our own players behind us and focus on Euro 2020.

Why do you keep showing your personal prejudices and trying to associate them with others? Some people just don't think McLeish is good enough for managing at international level anymore. Can't you just let them be entitled to their view and respect that?

On 16/02/2018 at 11:06 PM, Baz said:

Absolutely disgraceful post. You should be embarrassed.

Yes absolutely. I am not happy with the appointment either but I will be 100% behind Eck and the team.

5 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I couldn't care less about any club association. He's a busted flush. Apparently on the bevvy as sounds plausible from hearing him speak. He's been unemployed for a reason.

And i wouldn't trust Macrae and Petrie to hire a cleaner far less an international manager.

Pretty sure you shouldn't be throwing around unsubstantiated gossip like that. 

Pretty low considering there's been heehaw to back it up. 

Unless you can prove what you're saying?