Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 74 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Judge for yourselves:-

For anyone, found this guy has the whole game here.   Watching for the first time failed to backup my own assertions about the game conclusively.

(3) Euro 2008 Scotland v Italy 17 November 2007 First Half - YouTube

(3) Euro 2008 Scotland v Italy 17 November 2007 Second Half - YouTube

2 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Of course he's taken the job - he was unemployed, i.e. no other fker wanted him just like in 2007!  You seriously think he's doing us a favour?  Ffs he was hoorin himself to Ibrox just a few short weeks ago!  (I wish tae fck he'd got that gig.)

While I admire your "it's done, it's time to get behind him" attitude, I'm just too fkin angry right now at these lily-livered pricks at the SFA to do the same.  Yet again they've shown no ambition and no forward thinking by just going and getting the nearest available dinosaur.  Fkin hell if Walter Smith had been interested HE'D have been in the job right now.  THAT'S the type of fvckwits we're dealing with.

These arseholes at the SFA have been in charge for decades and will be until they decide otherwise. It is a sad unacceptable situatuion but there you have it. All I can do is what I love best - going to Hampden and cheering on Scotland. 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What modern manager is different? 

Their behaviour is driven by the way the clubs sack them every 5 minutes. If that were different you'd get different behaviour from the managers. 

It's absolute insular nonsense to think any Manager would be different. 

This whole thread is laughable so for a few that need it I will do it in "Noddy steps"  (Sorry - I do appreciate Noddy wasn't born and bred in Scotland):-

McLeish fails - we replace. His value goes down

Scotland Qualify / do well - We win / qualify and succeed. His value goes up and we need to pay him the going rate to maintain him. Or get someone else in that is less good.

Like any other manager for fcks sake. It's a high risk job. Big Pay. Short term prospects.

Get off his back. You want to hound him out of a job before he starts.  like the manager who has just left that didn't lose a game in 19 months ! So many should be ashamed of themselves. Not Scotland supporters.   

3 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

This whole thread is laughable so for a few that need it I will do it in "Noddy steps"  (Sorry - I do appreciate Noddy wasn't born and bred in Scotland):-

McLeish fails - we replace. His value goes down

Scotland Qualify / do well - We win / qualify and succeed. His value goes up and we need to pay him the going rate to maintain him. Or get someone else in that is less good.

Like any other manager for fcks sake. It's a high risk job. Big Pay. Short term prospects.

Get off his back. You want to hound him out of a job before he starts.  like the manager who has just left that didn't lose a game in 19 months ! So many should be ashamed of themselves. Not Scotland supporters.   

And that is exactly why the job is now seen as a poisoned chalice.

5 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

By who and when?

Coventry City. The supporters there have been wanting the incompetent ownsers SISU to sell up for a good number of years now. They say NOPM (Not One Penny More) and refuse to feed SISU cash by boycotting all home games at The Ricoh and not renewing season tickets. That has been going on for around FIVE years now to no effect - SISU are still there and turning down potential bidders for the club.

https://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/well-support-you-ever-more-nopm-and-the-sky-blues/

Edited by Caledonian Craig

17 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Only if you don’t understand the meaning of the word gubbed. 

It certainly doesn’t mean narrowly defeated. 

Whichever way you dress it up it means we lost when we needed to win.

I call that a gubbing.

Your view may be different, and you are entitled to cling to it.

33 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I see that and can agree with that. But how about when the likes of Ferguson and Dalglish haven't even stepped up when they have been out of management?

Ferguson wasn’t out of management for about 30 years or something. He’s retired and should be free to stay retired. 

Dalglish is a bit of a strange manager in the sense that he doesn’t appear to like doing it that much and picks and chooses his jobs carefully. I always thought he was perfectly suited to the Scotland job but obviously he doesn’t think so. Maybe he doesn’t want to work for the fannies at the SFA?

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

This column by Kenny says it all:-

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/sfa-are-kidding-themselves-on-but-if-they-want-me-as-manager-ill-tell-them-not-anyone-else/

Presumably he did not apply this time either then.

Ferguson could have had the job anytime he wanted. Most notably after the 1986 World Cup but he jacked it in for the United job. No doubt he could have had the job anytime he wanted it but no. Sorry but people who don't want it are worse than people that do. Good shout about Jordan.

This is a brilliant post. But look at what Kenny says ! I am happy with Big Eck but why didn't the Blazers ask Kenny - even part time ? Do you expect someone like that to put their CV together and throw it in to a hat.

Look at his managerial successes e.g. only one of two player managers to win the top division in England, only one of four managers to win the top division in England with two teams.

The teams he has been thought of as doing shite with...........his last stint at Liverpool of one season was the best they've had in 15 years - two cup finals with one win and European football. Even Newcastle fans don't seem to like him but he was the only manager to get them champions league football.

Go on Big Eck - but ask Kenny for a bit of mentoring !

5 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Whichever way you dress it up it means we lost when we needed to win.

I call that a gubbing.

Your view may be different, and you are entitled to cling to it.

Losing when you need to win against the world champions is not a gubbing. 

If you think it is then you’re gubbed. :spin:

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Ferguson wasn’t out of management for about 30 years or something. He’s retired and should be free to stay retired. 

Dalglish is a bit of a strange manager in the sense that he doesn’t appear to like doing it that much and picks and chooses his jobs carefully. I always thought he was perfectly suited to the Scotland job but obviously he doesn’t think so. Maybe he doesn’t want to work for the fannies at the SFA?

People here foam at the mouth about McLeish getting the job and before that it was Strachan, Levein and Burley. They all invariably failed to varying degrees but at least they tried doing so. I credit them for taking it on. Those that haven't taken it on - well they may have various reasons for not wanting the job but it is still a case (to me) of them turning their back on their country.

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

Losing when you need to win against the world champions is not a gubbing. 

If you think it is then you’re gubbed. :spin:

We have different views of the game - it happens.

You enjoy your weekend, and I hope to share a beer with you in Peru, Mexico, Israel or Albania.

On 15/02/2018 at 10:49 PM, Doric said:

OK may be underwhelming but lets all get behind big Eck.

no he is a turncoat s**mbag walked out on the country for the birmingham job... and he isn't good enough to manage Glenafton nevermind Scotland

36 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Coventry City. The supporters there have been wanting the incompetent ownsers SISU to sell up for a good number of years now. They say NOPM (Not One Penny More) and refuse to feed SISU cash by boycotting all home games at The Ricoh and not renewing season tickets. That has been going on for around FIVE years now to no effect - SISU are still there and turning down potential bidders for the club.

https://aprisonofmeasuredtime.wordpress.com/2013/09/04/well-support-you-ever-more-nopm-and-the-sky-blues/

Cheers for that. Giving it a quick look it seems that they still average around 7-8k for each home match, which for the club is poor, but fairly decent by the league standard, which to me confirms what some on here say about happy clappers. If your going to boycott, you do it properly eg hardly anyone going to games, very few people renewing SSC, but fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view) there will always be people who show up. 

12 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

no he is a turncoat s**mbag walked out on the country for the birmingham job... and he isn't good enough to manage Glenafton nevermind Scotland

Absolutely disgraceful post. You should be embarrassed.

6 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Cheers for that. Giving it a quick look it seems that they still average around 7-8k for each home match, which for the club is poor, but fairly decent by the league standard, which to me confirms what some on here say about happy clappers. If your going to boycott, you do it properly eg hardly anyone going to games, very few people renewing SSC, but fortunately/unfortunately (depending on your view) there will always be people who show up. 

Not boycotting isn’t the same as being a happy clapper. 

I have no interest in boycotting Scotland games but I’m certainly not a happy clapper.

1 hour ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Think Iv'e reached the point of not caring if we don't qualify and are shit or do qualify and are shit. A shit is a shit any way you dress it up.

That's only true if you define 'the shit' by the quality of football played.

Surely the number of passes played on the deck isn't the definitive measure of a teams quality? 

A successful team is more complicated than that. And we all want a successful team.

Edited by Dave78

18 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

Is that meant to be scumbag? Why censor that?

Have you never left a job for a better paying one? It’s hardly the crime of the century. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

He has already made Archie Knox  co-manager at Aberdeen whilst he was Scotland boss then quit Scotland role after the World Cup exit and joined United. But point remains that the job was his anytime he wanted it but evidently not.

Fergie brought Archie Knox in to help at Aberdeen while he was doubling up with the Scotland job. He had no intention of staying on in the position after the World Cup and had made that clear in advance. He wanted to stay in club management, and what followed at Man Utd certainly vindicated that decision.

18 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Not boycotting isn’t the same as being a happy clapper. 

I have no interest in boycotting Scotland games but I’m certainly not a happy clapper.

All I'm saying is, for the people who want serious change, they would have to make a stand. All this "I hate the SFA, but I'm still going to matches" is what keeps the blazers in position. Don't moan about them, then continue to fund them.

4 hours ago, tattiescone69 said:

I'm not sure if that's really true, i've met precious few of them on countless Scotland trips , Celtic ones either to be fair but i reckon it's an urban myth how many there are these days . Maybe they don't want to admit it . And the hatred of the TA and Scotland from Ibrox is certainly not imagined 

You're wrong. There was a survey a few years ago which proved my point. 

Just because there's a very vocal minority of utter kunts doesn't make us all the same. 

You're just too lazy to have a thought of your own. 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

How did he fail? Were you expecting us to qualify from that group? 

OK. Perhaps fail was harsh, but we beat France twice and still didn't get through. 

The bottom line is we didn't qualify. 

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Of course he's taken the job - he was unemployed, i.e. no other fker wanted him just like in 2007!  You seriously think he's doing us a favour?  Ffs he was hoorin himself to Ibrox just a few short weeks ago!  (I wish tae fck he'd got that gig.)

While I admire your "it's done, it's time to get behind him" attitude, I'm just too fkin angry right now at these lily-livered pricks at the SFA to do the same.  Yet again they've shown no ambition and no forward thinking by just going and getting the nearest available dinosaur.  Fkin hell if Walter Smith had been interested HE'D have been in the job right now.  THAT'S the type of fvckwits we're dealing with.

But who are you really angry at? The SFA or Eck? 

I'm not bothered by McLeish looking for a job. We all have to work. 

I am bothered by the SFA inability to do anything other than the easy and obvious. There's been no thought put into the search for a new manager since O'Neill turned us down.