Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 70 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

13 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Likewise with me. If he can reproduce that feelgood factor and would say we have slightly better players now then who knows? Supports should do what the term suggests....SUPPORT. 

The atmosphere at Ukraine , Lithuania, France Away and Italy made you feel like we could have beaten anyone under him.  It was even decent football we were watching too

Edited by Bobby Russell's Lovechild

2 minutes ago, tjm007 said:

A prime fillet steak example of what is undermining the national side.

Caveats, digs, snidery, whataboutery and  narrow mindedness....

Please give every player in dark blue unconditional love brother - give peace a chance.

Undermining the national team , jeezus you lot really don't do self awareness 

4 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Undermining the national team , jeezus you lot really don't do self awareness 

Whataboutery, Snidery..

it's bigger than your love for the national team.

And if you really really really really hate Rangers - why would you want whatever happens or happened to them be an impact on the national team ? 

Surely you wouldn't want to give "them" the satisfaction ?

Support the Scotland team - whoever is in it or managing them.

13 minutes ago, tjm007 said:

A prime fillet steak example of what is undermining the national side.

Caveats, digs, snidery, whataboutery and  narrow mindedness....

Please give every player in dark blue unconditional love brother - give peace a chance.

You don't half haver shite. What is undermining our team is absolute shite management, from Chief Exec of the SFA to national team manager. 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You don't half haver shite. What is undermining our team is absolute shite management, from Chief Exec of the SFA to national team manager. 

That could be true - I was talking about supporting the team.

The regime.... well they are ultimately responsible for years of failure.

An underwhelming and depressing appointment but I suppose we couldn,t expect much more from those cnuts charged with the appointment

For me this is has been done erse from elbow as Chief ex app should have been appointed before a manager

Edited by Langtonian

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

However, for arguments sake, if he did walk out midway through a contract, which he didn't, he still went on to a multi million pound contract, can anyone on here say they would have turned that down? If you say yes then you are a liar 

I agree with a lot of your posts DTS, but I really wish people would stop using this example. It’s disingenuous at best.

If I, or anyone else on the TAMB, were to be offered a multi million pound contract then yes of course we would take it. AFAIK there aren’t too many on here who are already multimillionaires and for the vast majority, if not all, of us it would be seriously life changing.

Not so for McLeish. He was already a multimillionaire and when you have a few £million stashed away already what is a few £million more?

The real question is if you were a multimillionaire already, would you leave a job your profess to love and publicly declare you see as a massive honour for a run of the mill job at a below average firm paying twice as much? I suspect the answer to that question is very different to the one so many people pose.

There appears to be two distinct camps posting to this thread:-

True Scotland Team Supporters. The relentless loyal tribe that make us proud of who we are the world over.

And

Those that are obviously on here by mistake. The clue is in the title lads - "The Tartan Army" if yer no behind the team yer in the wrong place.

One or two posts have actually said they cant wait until Eck fails so they can laugh. Whit !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

8 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

True Scotland Team Supporters. The relentless loyal tribe that make us proud of who we are the world over.

And

Those that are obviously on here by mistake. The clue is in the title lads - "The Tartan Army" if yer no behind the team yer in the wrong place.

One or two posts have actually said they cant wait until Eck fails so they can laugh. Whit !!!!!!!!!!!!! 

:lol: 

How long is the feather on your glengarry? 

3 hours ago, Mox said:

The most hilarious thing about all of this is that after every miserable, repetitive and utterly futile campaign, the majority come on here talking about how we need a revolution, a root and branch review of how Scottish football must change from top bottom.

The time then comes for a new manager, we appoint a dinosaur, a failure, a cheat, someone who wouldn't have a clue about modern football or how set teams up to be creative and dominant. The same people that were calling for a revolution are now applauding a 'safe pair hands' someone who will 'steady the ship' like this is something to take solace in when the opposite is true.

It's little wonder the SFA ride roughshod over fans when people lap this drivel up. We've been doing the same thing over and over again for 20 years and expecting a different result everyone. I wasn't renewing anyway and I'll support the team but we will achieve nothing with this idiot in charge and when it does go tits up I'll revel in it, no doubt about it.

Total contradiction. How could anyone support a team yet revel in it when things go tits up. 

I dont disagree with much of what you have said but a proper fan would never revel in failure. If McLeish fails then so does the team. 

6 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

And

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. There seems to be three distinct camps posting on  this thread:-

And

Those that are obviously on here by mistake.

And

Trolls. There are a lot of trolls on this thread....a lot! Possibly the same troll with different usernames. But trolls nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. There seems to be three distinct camps posting on  this thread:-

And

Those that are obviously on here by mistake.

And

Trolls. There are a lot of trolls on this thread....a lot! Possibly the same troll with different usernames. But trolls nonetheless.

Just to lighten the mood a little....I just showed my missus the above post and she said "well they should just get back to supporting Sweden" - I think she misunderstood "trolls" 

33 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I agree with a lot of your posts DTS, but I really wish people would stop using this example. It’s disingenuous at best.

If I, or anyone else on the TAMB, were to be offered a multi million pound contract then yes of course we would take it. AFAIK there aren’t too many on here who are already multimillionaires and for the vast majority, if not all, of us it would be seriously life changing.

Not so for McLeish. He was already a multimillionaire and when you have a few £million stashed away already what is a few £million more?

The real question is if you were a multimillionaire already, would you leave a job your profess to love and publicly declare you see as a massive honour for a run of the mill job at a below average firm paying twice as much? I suspect the answer to that question is very different to the one so many people pose.

The way I see it is once you get a taster for something it becomes a habit. Whether it's big money or whatever, it's human nature to become greedy. You get a million quid, you two million quid, you get your two million quid and so on

Its greed, rightly or wrongly but I'd never criticise someone for wanting a few more quid

35 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Unfortunately sometimes an ego is larger than the bank balance. 

Just seen a clip of the press conference there. Alex McLeish spoke for a wee bit then a reporter asked Alan McRae to talk about the selection process and a wee voice from the back quickly jumped in saying they're going to move onto something which I couldn't make out.

When asked Alan McRae jumped up like a guy who'd been caught pulling the heid clean aff it to the ten minute freeview 

21 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

And

Jesus Christ. Do you get Irn Bru pumped through your veins?

13 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Total contradiction. How could anyone support a team yet revel in it when things go tits up. 

I dont disagree with much of what you have said but a proper fan would never revel in failure. If McLeish fails then so does the team. 

It's not a contradiction, I'll support them but it will go tits up with McLeish in charge and those running things at the SFA. If we have to endure one more campaign of achieving nothing for us eventually to make a foreign, forward thinking appointment then I'm happy with that. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

It's not a contradiction, I'll support them but it will go tits up with McLeish in charge and those running things at the SFA. If we have to endure one more campaign of achieving nothing for us eventually to make a foreign, forward thinking appointment then I'm happy with that. 

I understand what you are saying, but how many campaigns have already failed, another failure provides no guarantee of change.  I am also unconvinced about McLeish  but I would get no satisfaction from being proven right,  as the needle will no doubt just go back to the start of the song and we’ll all sing along like before. Nothing different ever happens. 

11 minutes ago, Mox said:

Sorry Mox you will have a mighty long wait then. The SFA in its current guise has been in place for well over a century and one more failed campaign is not changing a thing. Fact is our very best managers are just not interested in the job. The likes of Fergie, Dalglish and Souness always distanced themselves from the job and the last manager of stature we have had was Jock Stein and that appointment came almost four decades ago at a time when we actually qualified for tournaments and the job had much more prestige. As our national anthem says: 'Those days are passed now.'

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

International management is a straightforward job, just pick the right team every couple of months and organise them as well as can be done over a few days.

How much have the FA spunked on top rated management personel over the years with little reward?

The ability and attitude of the available players is more important to the team's success than who the manager is.

:ok: Totally agree. 

54 minutes ago, WeeJohmny said:

And

The SFA just love people like you 👍

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Kinda where i am tbh. His recent TV appearances have me very concerned though. He's been talking absolute nonsense on every occasion. 

I haven't seen any of his interviews but has he been talking any more nonsense than Strachan did? 

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I haven't seen any of his interviews but has he been talking any more nonsense than Strachan did? 

Is that even possible

Getting interviewed about the England game after the draw

"I seen Roy(Hodgson) down in London when me and the wife were in Selfridges, which I thought was strange because I never seen any fridges for sale"

Gordon Strachan, circa 2015

Edited by DoonTheSlope

3 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

As for him walking out on Scotland in the past, that's a TAMB myth that's grown arms and legs over the years. His contract expired as soon as we were eliminated from Euro 2008, whether it was at the end of qualifying or whether it was at the tournament finals. He had nothing to walk out on. Why are people finding this so hard to comprehend 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43087185

"I hope that the Tartan Army can come to, I wouldn't say forgive me, but I hope they can come round and say, 'McLeish is right, he is the man for the job'.

"A lot of people would say, 'he left us so he's persona non grata' but I'm here and I'm here to do the business."

It's not difficult to read that quote and come to the conclusion that he did walk out on us (or at least didn't want to remain if offered a new contract). It's not a 100% confession of guilt, but he doesn't do anything to deny it.

Edited by Brummie Hibs