Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 64 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

I could see Lennon being the type that would get restless in the inbetween periods and want to leave after a short period.  If i recall Smith, Mcleish and Levein all muttered about not having enough time in the job like you do in club football. Surely Lennons is more suited to club management at the moment.

2 hours ago, magicTs said:

What a complete joke. A pathetic, shambles of an appointment but befitting of the clueless inept leaders at Hampden. Completely uninspiring and woefully short sighted. I’ve been massive supporter of the National team for 30 years, have defended the management and players way too often than I should have but I’m just about done. I’m honestly tired of the total buffoons running things. I hope when competitive games come around I will feel differently but right now it’s just difficult to feel anything but disillusion at this decision. 

This.

McLeish is a cunt.

The SFA are all cunts.

Pathetic appointment and all the more pathetic because of how un-fucking-surprising this absolute abomination of an appointment is.

Utterly, utterly disgusted.

9 minutes ago, DaveyDenoon said:

This.

McLeish is a cunt.

The SFA are all cunts.

Pathetic appointment and all the more pathetic because of how un-fucking-surprising this absolute abomination of an appointment is.

Utterly, utterly disgusted.

Agree with every single word. Absolutely abysmal appointment, fuck sake Id rather have Strachan back.

Completely indefensible appointment by a group of people so incompetent and lacking in ambition that its almost as if they are baiting and trolling us. They have absolutely zero vision or inspirational ideas and it literally makes my head hurt wondering how the hell they come to the conclusions they do.

They are a disgrace to every football supporter in our country and they don’t deserve any further support. As a die hard Scotland fan of 30+ years who has traveled the globe to watch them and at times backed the team and management out of nothing but blind loyalty I am completely disillusioned. This appointment will be the final straw for many in a similar boat to me. It is beyond underwhelming and their infamous short sightedness has been taken to even more staggering levels than previous patently bad decisions. Just unbelievable. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Completely indefensible appointment by a group of people so incompetent and lacking in ambition that its almost as if they are baiting and trolling us. They have absolutely zero vision or inspirational ideas and it literally makes my head hurt wondering how the hell they come to the conclusions they do.

They are a disgrace to every football supporter in our country and they don’t deserve any further support. As a die hard Scotland fan of 30+ years who has traveled the globe to watch them and at times backed the team and management out of nothing but blind loyalty I am completely disillusioned. This appointment will be the final straw for many in a similar boat to me. It is beyond underwhelming and their infamous short sightedness has been taken to even more staggering levels than previous patently bad decisions. Just unbelievable. 

This in spades.

2 hours ago, dan cake said:

Levein isn't the best yardstick, he's never won anything as a manager or player

He won YPOTY two years in a row.

He was a classy defender before his serious injury but his playing career will probably be best remembered for breaking his own teammates nose.

Folk using the appointment of a new manager as the reason for "packing it in" were probably just looking for an excuse. They were probably planning on doing it anyway. 

I don't see this as any better, or any worse than when we appointed Strachan. Both very similar. 

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Folk using the appointment of a new manager as the reason for "packing it in" were probably just looking for an excuse. They were probably planning on doing it anyway. 

I don't see this as any better, or any worse than when we appointed Strachan. Both very similar. 

Lmao. 

The 2nd paragraph is exactly why these incompetent cunts should be hung from the rafters at Hampden. 

Edited by Hendricks

Killie fans will be happy anyway. Wouldn't have been my first choice but I don't think this appointment could be worse than burley or levein. I don't believe for a second that Mcleish is this terrible manager some have made him out to be.put it this way if he gets us qualified for 2020 we'll be ecstatic.

Edited by JECK

Underwhelmed but prepared to get on with it. There's no sense that more 'progressive' managers were tempted/ in the frame, or that we could demand just whoever we liked, and no certainty that if we appointed a 'progressive' manager they'd be given a chance to do it their way.

Scotland's situation (and international football) goes deeper than the appointment of one manager. Put another way, it's harsh to berate McLeish, even if we agree the SFA messed up.

Not particularly a fan of trying to revive the 'good old days' of 2007, but at least McLeish knows the ropes, knows the fans expectations, and the constraints and limits of international football, and of Scotland, and so maybe just have to make the best of that.