Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 54 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

9 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Who cares, IMO sports folk and celebrities should keep away from airing their politics, it just causes unnecessary division  . Wft is Barry Ferguson likely to know. 

I did have a snigger at the paragragh ‘ We are proud Scots who have been proud to represent our country around the world. When Scotland calls, we answer’.

Maybe so Walter, but when Rangers called you didnt waste any time dumping  your country 😕

On 06/02/2018 at 9:13 AM, Hobta83 said:

I think Smith and Gemmill would be very smart, Smith has an impeccable record as a manager and gave us some amazing results and performances the last time he was in charge. 

Wouldn't have an issue with Clarke either tbh. 

He gave us 1 amazing result and a couple of good results. 

He won 7 of 16 matches. Let's not get carried away with his record because it was no better than Levein or Strachan. 

Depressing to see Mackay back in the running.

I'm really worried that this time we will make a properly bad appointment, and that will knock out half the international careers of a lot of the young promising players we have. While Strachan didn't get us over the line, we were left in pretty good shape.. this was an opportunity to push on and now it feels like we're just going to slide backwards.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Totally agree andyD.

At present we are in total and utter disarray. It is like someone has thrown a 1000 piece jigsaw up in the air knowing that the incompetents at the SFA are charged with putting it back together. Not a chance of it happening.

I quite enjoy doing a jigsaw

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Right now I would take him above the likes of Caldwell, Hughes and Mackay.

I think as our options are so limited it would be a fair enough appointment

However we'll wait for a new chief executive then a start from the beginning recruitment process to end up with someone who would probably do no better job

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

For the record I don't want Mackay as I don't rate him as a manager. Nothing to do with anything else.

But Mackay was shaping up to be a good manager until his behaviour was outed

I would have him as an option

6 minutes ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Rod Pettrie seems to be the driving force behind appointing the new manager . Does anyone else fear that this is an accident waiting to happen  ? 

Think Pat Fenlon, Colin Calderwood , Terry Butcher  as examples of Rod's inspired thinking .

He sounded out Steve Clarke before Colin Calderwood got the job but didn't follow it up. He was also keen on Michael O'Neill until someone started spreading rumours about his drink dependencies 

8 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

He sounded out Steve Clarke before Colin Calderwood got the job but didn't follow it up. He was also keen on Michael O'Neill until someone started spreading rumours about his drink dependencies 

Is that not verging on true though?

If Mackay gets it, it will be an absolute disgrace.