Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 53 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

If we are looking at the .. ahem "older" manager - how about John Lambie - I believe he would have the appropriate "vocabulary" to properly get across the average fans feelings after  one of our glorius defeats from the jaws of victory performances.

:P

5 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Ooooh! Bitch much?

I didn’t mean it like that. 

I just meant I hope the person that replaces Regan is a bit more forward thinking than you and will accept that Strachan didn’t do a very good job. 

You obviously can’t see past Strachan but there are far better managers out there than that old dinosaur. Time to forget him and move on. 

47 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I didn’t mean it like that. 

I just meant I hope the person that replaces Regan is a bit more forward thinking than you and will accept that Strachan didn’t do a very good job. 

You obviously can’t see past Strachan but there are far better managers out there than that old dinosaur. Time to forget him and move on. 

No worries mate. 

Strachans passion was genuine. He’s a real Scotland supporter which is something I obviously really admire- and that includes yourself btw so no ill feelings intended.

If he comes back I’d be pretty chuffed. But if it’s Walter then I’d be content’ish (still don’t like that he left it before).

Alex Ferguson should step up. That would unite most of us I think, but will probably never happen.

8 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Did they ever get to the bottom of Watty’s EBT payments that he got from his club while he wasn’t employed there?

"Whether it was illegal is for the courts to decide but it wasn't immoral"

Something along those lines were the words Sandy Bryson used when confronted

54 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

No worries mate. 

Strachans passion was genuine. He’s a real Scotland supporter which is something I obviously really admire- and that includes yourself btw so no ill feelings intended.

If he comes back I’d be pretty chuffed. But if it’s Walter then I’d be content’ish (still don’t like that he left it before).

Alex Ferguson should step up. That would unite most of us I think, but will probably never happen.

Passion only takes you so far. I would be a very passionate Scotland manager but I dare say I’d make an arse of the job.

I have nothing against Strachan. He was one of my favourite players when I was young but he gave it his best shot and it wasn’t good enough. 

I doubt he’d take the job back anyway but he certainly doesn’t deserve another crack at it. It’s time for someone else to have a go. 

As for Fergie, that ain’t gonna happen. 

Walter Smith wouldn’t be my first choice as I’d prefer a younger manager who hasn’t been out of the game for 7 years but I’ll back whoever gets the job. 

There’s a real opportunity for someone to come in and make a name for themselves like Michael O’Neill did at Northern Ireland. 

1 minute ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Take it that it's just me that would be content with Walter coming back?

He wouldn’t be my first choice but we could do a lot worse as he’s a safe pair of hands. 

He’s probably the best of the Scottish contenders at the moment although Steve Clarke would be a good shout.