Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 46 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

1 hour ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Gary Caldwell formally applying for the job today and already spoken to Regan.

Although you could probably knock his experience, I find this a whole lot better than the McLeish approach of sitting on his arse waiting for a phone call.

Would not necessarily be against this appointment.

I admire his words, it is impressive what he is saying about what he would do as Scotland manager.  However, very inexperienced and its just words doesn;'t mean its true.

Although how are you to get experience if you don't prove it in the actual job.

I am really torn on this issue, feel our next managerial appointment is extremely important with our next generation of players, however, out of all the candidates some will work and others won't.  So I guess its just a total lottery and just pick someone and we will see how they do.  There are no guarantees in this business, McLeish might be crap and Caldwell good, who knows.  Hope luck is on our side.

Who would have thought Jack Ross would have been such a good manager or Joachim Low, he came out of nowhere and has been excellent.  After another 10 years we will have ross,mcinnes and McCann to choose from, good times ahead. 

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Gordon Ramsay often talks about playing for Glasgow Rangers.... doesn't make it true 

Ramsay was involved for the shite in my first real memory of a game at Muirton. A testimonial for Doug Barron. 

So reading the last few pages....Big Sam is a poor manager yet Caldwell was sacked earlier this season with Chesterfield bottom of the whole football league (after being relegated from league one last season) should be seriously considered.

:lol:

Best two and most realistic options for me are McLeish and Steve Clarke. They'd still be gambles but a left field one like Caldwell would be a monumental gamble.

28 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Caldwell says all the right things and was very committed as a player.

Wanky Phrases for this. This is the most useless empty saying in football. If you are a player then being committed is the bare minimum requirement if you step onto the field. It in no way merits being considered for the top job. What is being committed as a player got to do with his managerial ability?

Im sure most of this board are saying the right things in regards to how things should be run but not one off us is any position to perform as Scotland boss

His record at Chesterfield alone should rule him out on this occasion. Some people will be happy with anything

25 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

So reading the last few pages....Big Sam is a poor manager yet Caldwell was sacked earlier this season with Chesterfield bottom of the whole football league (after being relegated from league one last season) should be seriously considered.

:lol:

Best two and most realistic options for me are McLeish and Steve Clarke. They'd still be gambles but a left field one like Caldwell would be a monumental gamble.

This place is beyond belief at times and has to be seen to be believed 

Big Sam (and other suggestions thrown about) isn't Scottish enough so he shouldn't get the gig. Malky McKay has been done for racism in the past so he shouldn't get it, yet they screamed and shouted for years for Leigh Griffiths to get a game. Wee Chicken Baws was retweeted and shared ti' fuck by some of these same confused individuals on here and elsewhere saying "there's no morales in football" Heads will roll, the TA doesn't really do irony does it

Big Sam is by no means a world class manager but he's a far sight better than Gary Caldwell is at this stage in his career.

And for the record Big Sam isn't interested. Let's put this shite to bed once and for all

Edited by DoonTheSlope
Apologies to Tartan Chris if it reads I'm having a go at him, not at all. Once I started I just saw red and got it off my chest 👍🏻

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Yes... Well older than that i am.   Dont u remember me talking bout times i was in the pub in about 2003 etc...

I was in a pub as a youngster many a time too. Got taken once for a Hibs v Airdrie play-off game but the pubs black box either packed in or the polis pulled the plug

I spent all night watching teletext eating salt n' shake crisps and drinking limeade

33 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Wanky Phrases for this. This is the most useless empty saying in football. If you are a player then being committed is the bare minimum requirement if you step onto the field. It in no way merits being considered for the top job. What is being committed as a player got to do with his managerial ability?

Im sure most of this board are saying the right things in regards to how things should be run but not one off us is any position to perform as Scotland boss

His record at Chesterfield alone should rule him out on this occasion. Some people will be happy with anything

Very committed to turning up for Scotland, from vague memory he didn't miss many games, but you knew what I meant. 

You are a bit of an angry man, I feel sorry for you.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

This place is beyond belief at times and has to be seen to be believed 

Big Sam (and other suggestions thrown about) isn't Scottish enough so he shouldn't get the gig.

FFS For the last time the Scottishness or non-Scottidhness of Allardyce has sod all to do with me not wanting him to get the job. He is a shite manager in my book.....end of. I'd take Harry Redknapp.....he's English. Many moons ago I would have taken Brian Clough....he's English..But no to Large Sam purely on the account I do not rate him as a manager.

Crazy times... We could go back to a committee of selectors? Player-manager...?

Or maybe time for someone to start mentioning Bobby Williamson, Stuart Baxter,...?

Edited by exile

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

So if we are to get a resolution to this, we either wait for a new CEO or put Rod Petrie in charge of the search. Absolutely brutal.

No thanks. I've suffered the fruits of his labour first hand.

For what it's worth, the CEO should be a people person willing to engage with the fans on a regular basis even if it is just a PR stunt. The tache has less personality than a used tampon

He won't have Tom Farmer holding his hand, standing up at AGM's reeming his arse whenever he gets criticised when gets the gig at Hampden

He can go round behind the goals every other week shaking fans hands but try talking to him

The Tache: Hi

Gullible Fan: Hi there, nice to meet you. It's warm outside today isn't it? hope it makes for a great match 

The Tache: mmmmm, oooh, well, not sure, it could be, enjoy the match

Gullible Fan to Gullible Fans Savvy Friend: That's good that the blazers are engaging with fans eh

Savvy Friend: Is it? Where was the engagement about meaningful matters?He's a dour faced cunt