Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 42 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

On 27/01/2018 at 8:19 AM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Agree. Should never had been sacked in the first place. A couple of stubborn team choices, however, had a bit of momentum. At the time i was critical (through frustration and disappointment) but in hindsight believe he was doing OK.  SFA decision makers need to have a look at themselves. Months have passed since they got rid and no manager to be seen. No doubt have the usual posters on here will be having a pop but It's only my opinion or IMO.

On 27/01/2018 at 7:25 AM, Doric said:

Simple. Just get WGS back

Fuck both of these comments

He was utterly shite and failed twice, along with picking guys who couldn't come close to club form repeatedly and missing guys who were playing at a better level etc etc

41 minutes ago, Baz said:

Felix Magath the latest to throw his hat in the ring.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/felix-magath-throws-hit-hat-into-the-ring-for-scotland-job-1-4674621

Decent pedigree but hasn’t done anything recently. Also seems a bit mental 😂

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/29302031

No thanks.

A thoroughly terrifying record at Fulham - his only venture into British football.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

1 hour ago, Kirk said:

He was utterly shite and failed twice, along with picking guys who couldn't come close to club form repeatedly and missing guys who were playing at a better level etc etc

Fuck your comment. Every manager has failed in the past 20 years with probably  players playing at a higher level than Strachan had to pick from.

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Fuck your comment. Every manager has failed in the past 20 years with probably  players playing at a higher level than Strachan had to pick from.

Absolute nonsense. Strachan had far superior players than Vogts did, he also made an arse of two qualifying campaigns, lets not bend over and present him with a third.

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

😂😂😂 Strachan had great options and chose not to use them and persist with duddies like Forrest and Phillips etc etc he made an absolute arse of it and has only his own stubborn decisions and selections for that. Utter tit of a manager for Scotland

Cosgrove was excellent in his assessment of Strachan as a manager eg wished him well, but was a prickly with the media and even worse than fans (if they asked a question).

There's no doubt we went on a great run at the end, but again Cosgrove said it wasn't the big games we fecked up in it was the ones we should have won that cost us qualification. This would be a worry if McInnes ever took it.

3 hours ago, Kirk said:

😂😂😂 Strachan had great options and chose not to use them and persist with duddies like Forrest and Phillips etc etc he made an absolute arse of it and has only his own stubborn decisions and selections for that. Utter tit of a manager for Scotland

Correct 100%

19 minutes ago, McDange said:

Sky Sports reporting Scot Gemmill now the front runner... If true, a serious lack of ambition and will surely be the end of Reagan 

Why?   Same route taken with Roxburgh and Brown who were our most successful managers ever.  I'm not saying that Gemmill is necessarily the right man but neither would I rule it out completely. 

Sky Sports reporting that Scot Gemmill is being backed within the board. Yup, looks like the cheapest possible option idea is growing again in the corridors of Hampden. Despite pretty average results at under 21 level. Good results further down the age groups but not really been massively impressive with the 21s. Not entirely convinced that would work.

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

What about "He's not Paul Hartley"?

True.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I agree though. I'd rather have Neil McCann than Scott Gemmill.

Not sure about that, mind you at least he couldnt sign players for Scotland.

If it’s gemmil, let’s not write the guy off immediately. As has been said brown and Roxburgh were promoted to the role with no reputation, they did better than any of those with a so called reputation.

2 hours ago, McDange said:

Sky Sports reporting Scot Gemmill now the front runner... If true, a serious lack of ambition and will surely be the end of Reagan 

If gemmil is succesful will you be asking or begging Reagan to return?

9 hours ago, Kirk said:

Unbeaten in 2017 and making real progress. Players loved playing for him also. Mind you the saft heeded SFA caved into the minority of WGS haters on line like yourself. Lets see where we go from here. I think it will be a backward step but as a fan I really hope I am wrong. 

1 minute ago, ProudScot said:

If it’s Gemmill then so be it.

A younger manager who will pick young and Scottish based players & change our failed selection policy is surely what we all want?

I don’t see it as a bad appointment. 

If gemmel gets the job he will have my full backing but tbh we should really be aiming higher. As for selecting Scottish based players, who did Strachan overlook playing in Scotland apart from maybe McGregor who even still isn't a exactly better than any of our midfield options. 

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

If it’s gemmil, let’s not write the guy off immediately. As has been said brown and Roxburgh were promoted to the role with no reputation, they did better than any of those with a so called reputation.

Craig Brown had 9 years managerial experience with Clyde and 7 years working with the u21s. Andy Roxburgh had 11 years experience working with the unders

Gemmil has been in coaching 5 minutes, achieving hee-haw into the bargain btw and now he's the favourite for the national job. The whole thing reeks. Jobs for boys