Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 41 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

On 1/24/2018 at 6:05 PM, Shaun said:

Interesting Reading on BBC that "there are new candidates interested" according to Regan

The new candidates are;

Alex McLeish

Stewart Regan's Mum

Eck McLeish

The guy that hoovers the carpeted bits of the Scottish Football Museum

Stewart Regan's Dad

Alexandro Macleshio

Stewart Regan's cleaning woman

Gary Caldwell

Lennon????

Julian or Sean or even Yoko but definitely never ever Neil.

9 hours ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

The new candidates are;

Alex McLeish

Stewart Regan's Mum

Eck McLeish

The guy that hoovers the carpeted bits of the Scottish Football Museum

Stewart Regan's Dad

Alexandro Macleshio

Stewart Regan's cleaning woman

Gary Caldwell

Hahaha!

And now Neil Lennon!

Personally would rather have anyone on your list ahead of that embarrassment of a man. 

Other than going for a previous incumbent (McLeish primarily), for me it has to be Steve Clarke. Huge experience as a player, top top coach since.

Now, only recently gone to Rugby Park, but perhaps, given the dire state we are in, there could be a case for him doing both roles...

41 minutes ago, Doric said:

Simple. Just get WGS back

Agree. Should never had been sacked in the first place. A couple of stubborn team choices, however, had a bit of momentum. At the time i was critical (through frustration and disappointment) but in hindsight believe he was doing OK.  SFA decision makers need to have a look at themselves. Months have passed since they got rid and no manager to be seen. No doubt have the usual posters on here will be having a pop but It's only my opinion or IMO.

McCoist was on talkSPORT talking up the job and how you never turn down your country. Wonder if he'll be in as a coach if it's Eck?

You just know the SFA haven't even bothered to even attempt to get a contact number/agent for the likes of Prandelli, Bilic, Bielsa etc. I doubt any of them would take the job, but surely at least worth a go of contacting them and see what they say. 

Lennon sounded interested going by his answer yesterday! He said he was Hibs boss etc but he would have to listen if the SFA came calling. Imagine he got it, and turned in to a unifying hero for Scottish football fans in getting us to Euro 2020. 

10 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

McCoist was on talkSPORT talking up the job and how you never turn down your country. Wonder if he'll be in as a coach if it's Eck?

You just know the SFA haven't even bothered to even attempt to get a contact number/agent for the likes of Prandelli, Bilic, Bielsa etc. I doubt any of them would take the job, but surely at least worth a go of contacting them and see what they say. 

Lennon sounded interested going by his answer yesterday! He said he was Hibs boss etc but he would have to listen if the SFA came calling. Imagine he got it, and turned in to a unifying hero for Scottish football fans in getting us to Euro 2020. 

Agreed.  I've always been a big advocate of "They can only say no" school of thought in life. Regan obviously isn't ambitious enough to ask.

22 hours ago, buckielugger said:

Other than going for a previous incumbent (McLeish primarily), for me it has to be Steve Clarke. Huge experience as a player, top top coach since.

Now, only recently gone to Rugby Park, but perhaps, given the dire state we are in, there could be a case for him doing both roles...

11 hours ago, jamboman said:

Jim Duffy

Steve Clarke

Tommy Wright

These are 3 managers who gets the best out of their player

Fuck me, I would not see more dafter comments on a trump Twitter account. Can anyone tell me the achievements of Steve clarke. I must of missed out on the years that Steve clarke was winning trophy's as a manager. And Jim Duffy fuck me.