Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 36 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Nothing against Tommy Wright, Ormond. Just think  Steve Clark has more experience of different clubs , tactics and formations , while Wright is a one club man so his experience is a bit limited. 

Certainly don't want Malky Mackay, wasn't impressed with some of his selections and the performance against a terrible Dutch side.

Wright was an International player too and played at the top level in England. I’d say he’s earned his stripes with regards to tactics, formations. Saints are actually the 4th club he has managed also. He’s no flash in the pan 

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Never wanted him.My gut feeling is he's had 2 very good groups in a row, set is team up well in those obviously but he would never have qualified that NI team from our euro 2016 group or gotten top 2 in our last campaign. Step up in class between both groups and know one would be talking about him now.

Exactly this. Could never understand the clamour for O'Neill. 

I said months ago when the SFA came out and named him as their No 1 target what a stupid move that was andcthe pitfalls that brought.

I had no problem with them being after MON but going public was rank stupidity as it left them open to huge amounts of egg on their face and embarrassment. We are now in a position of wasted months and left trying to fill a job already rejected by someone. Good fucking luck with that.

It is depressing enough being kicked in the teeth not qualifying but it is magnified by rejection and gross SFA mismanagement.

Where we go from here I shudder to think.

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Wright was an International player too and played at the top level in England. I’d say he’s earned his stripes with regards to tactics, formations. Saints are actually the 4th club he has managed also. He’s no flash in the pan 

Sorry Ormond, wasn't aware he had managed 3 other teams, obviously got a better CV than I realised. Who were the other 3 teams ?

39 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If it was just winning the cup it could be put down to one wee run. But Wright has proved year after year after year he can have consistency over seasons. Not just half a dozen games in a cup. Unfortunately Scotland suffers from a major cringe where we have the “He’s pish as he’s at a diddy club” attitude. The same eejits who shout for guys like Souness or Dalglish. Judging them on their playing career instead of looking at who can coach nowadays. 

Spot on.

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Sorry Ormond, wasn't aware he had managed 3 other teams, obviously got a better CV than I realised. Who were the other 3 teams ?

Limavady, Ballymena and Lisburn. Won the League Cup with Lisburn. 

He won 31 caps for NI remember? He knows International fitba’ 

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but those shouting for Mackay to keep the job I would see that as a Levein-esque appointment. Uninspired, desperate and destined to supreme failure.

So can wee however I’ll say it’s going to happen folks. 

Took far to long to talk to O'Neill. 

i called it before "the sfa and happy to announce Malky Mackay as interim manager until the end of the season"  This will lead to " the sfa have given great consideration, and have decided Malky MacKay as the outstanding candidate for the permanent position as Manager of the Scottish National team"... "Congratulation Malky"

Steve Clarke is the next choice followed by Tommy Wright.