Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 35 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

3 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Aye alright, forgot we're not allowed an opinion.

Didn't realise you were in the cult of Parkie.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

So because I like O’Neill I’m in Parkie’s cult? Away ye go.

No cult here. Just an opinion. 

3 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Haha don't be so precious.

Anyway, I reckon the SFA should go after Steve Clarke, that will result in Saints leaping into 6th.

What’s ironic is that when O’ Neill joins a club, T. Wright will get his job at NI. Scotland could do worse than Wright. People are shouting about Clarke but Wright has had better spells in charge of Saints and he’s done it consistently for years on an absolute pittance.

4 minutes ago, Ormond said:

What’s ironic is that when O’ Neill joins a club, T. Wright will get his job at NI. Scotland could do worse than Wright. People are shouting about Clarke but Wright has had better spells in charge of Saints and he’s done it consistently for years on an absolute pittance.

Saints have performed very well under Tommy based on all factors, winning the Cup at club level surely equates to something like qualifying for a major tournament at international level.

Just now, runningtings said:

Saints have performed very well under Tommy based on all factors, winning the Cup at club level surely equates to something like qualifying for a major tournament at international level.

If it was just winning the cup it could be put down to one wee run. But Wright has proved year after year after year he can have consistency over seasons. Not just half a dozen games in a cup. Unfortunately Scotland suffers from a major cringe where we have the “He’s pish as he’s at a diddy club” attitude. The same eejits who shout for guys like Souness or Dalglish. Judging them on their playing career instead of looking at who can coach nowadays. 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If it was just winning the cup it could be put down to one wee run. But Wright has proved year after year after year he can have consistency over seasons. Not just half a dozen games in a cup. Unfortunately Scotland suffers from a major cringe where we have the “He’s pish as he’s at a diddy club” attitude. The same eejits who shout for guys like Souness or Dalglish. Judging them on their playing career instead of looking at who can coach nowadays. 

Are you wanting rid of him or something? ;) 

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Do you know you are starting to convince me. What was MON before he achieved NI cult status? McInnes would have been worth a shout but like O'Neill I think he wanted to stay where he felt comfy.

This is a real chance to get a complete clear out and overhaul of the SFA and the relationship they have with the clubs because lets not forget the SFA are put there by the clubs and are complicit in the deteriation of our game

If we cant get real change now we never will

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

This is a real chance to get a complete clear out and overhaul of the SFA and the relationship they have with the clubs because lets not forget the SFA are put there by the clubs and are complicit in the deteriation of our game

If we cant get real change now we never will

You’re correct but we both know it won’t happen. <_<

11 minutes ago, Ormond said:

:ok:

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Am warming to idea of Steve Clark with Wright as the fall back.

Why Clarke before Wright? Just curious. I like the way Clarke goes about things too. I’d be happy with Clarke.

Edited by Ormond

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Maybe that Clarke has managed big ego players at Chelsea and WBA?

Fair enough. But I see Wright as being a suitable candidate to turnlesser players into an over perfoming team. Not just for a few games either. That’s the key. Consistency. 

6 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Why Clarke before Wright? Just curious. I like the way Clarke goes about things too. I’d be happy with Clarke.

Nothing against Tommy Wright, Ormond. Just think  Steve Clark has more experience of different clubs , tactics and formations , while Wright is a one club man so his experience is a bit limited. 

Certainly don't want Malky Mackay, wasn't impressed with some of his selections and the performance against a terrible Dutch side.