Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 33 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

6 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Reports that talks were "productive" today, but no sign of a answer, so wait goes on......

Thats a word thats used when they have fook all to say.

He will probably want the weekend to ‘weigh up his options’ . 

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Thats a word thats used when they have fook all to say.

He will probably want the weekend to ‘weigh up his options’ . 

Yes, I imagine he will go to the IFA tomorrow and ask them to counter offer/better the SFA offer (if the offer from the SFA was not good then there would be a statement saying all parties are moving on) with a answer on Monday (it would be rather unfair on O'Neills part to make it drag out until Euro draw with neither team knowing if he will be their manager come September.

7 minutes ago, N4Footsoldier said:

The reports seem to be that his base salary will be more at NI but with SFA he could earn much more in incentives should we reach tournaments etc.

NI Press seem adamant that he's not going anywhere.

IFA have offered him £750k a year over 6 years, while SFA are (reportably) offering £1m, but with a number of bonus payments based on performances and qualification.

I had to have a wee chuckle at the fact that “O'Neill impressed the SFA delegation with the level of his preparation during a lengthy meeting.”

What if they hadn’t been impressed with his preparation? What if is preparation had been a bag of shite? What if they thought “Oh dear we’re not impressed and maybe he’s not our man?”

17 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

I had to have a wee chuckle at the fact that “O'Neill impressed the SFA delegation with the level of his preparation during a lengthy meeting.”

What if they hadn’t been impressed with his preparation? What if is preparation had been a bag of shite? What if they thought “Oh dear we’re not impressed and maybe he’s not our man?”

Imagine it actually was - like he came in and dumped a Tesco bag of steaming turds in front of Regan and co and then just sat back, and went: "and there's plenty more where that came from. Now where do I sign?"

On 1/18/2018 at 9:19 AM, Parklife said:

Bad news. Regan must be the least inspiring man on the planet. 

Telt ye's....

8 minutes ago, madoneone said:

Sky sports newssaying oniell has turned down scotland

What shitey candidate will the SFA look to now. It'll be full on panic stations on the 5th floor of Hampden. 

Regan furiously shouting "who's got Big Eck's phone number?!?!?!" 

Edited by Parklife

The blame for me would lie at the door of the Scottish FA board who were guilty, after around mid-December, of dithering too long over speaking to O'Neill. Another Rangers and McInnes situation  where the current employer moves heaven and earth to keep their manager, while the prospective employer takes so long that the manager questions whether he would get the support he receives at his current job.

Blame would also lie at the door of the Scottish FA that we have ended up so financially poor due to not qualifying for tournaments for over 20 years.

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

The blame for me would lie at the door of the Scottish FA board who were guilty, after around mid-December, of dithering too long over speaking to O'Neill. Another Rangers and McInnes situation  where the current employer moves heaven and earth to keep their manager, while the prospective employer takes so long that the manager questions whether he would get the support he receives at his current job.

Blame would also lie at the door of the Scottish FA that we have ended up so financially poor due to not qualifying for tournaments for over 20 years.

Spot on.

Never wanted him.My gut feeling is he's had 2 very good groups in a row, set is team up well in those obviously but he would never have qualified that NI team from our euro 2016 group or gotten top 2 in our last campaign. Step up in class between both groups and know one would be talking about him now.