Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 27 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

So what was the initial approach then? I thought that was official?

I would assume its all formalities, and that was to ask permission to speak to him from the IFA, rather than going to direct to O'Neill, with tomorrow an official approach to O'Neill himself made.

22 hours ago, wanderer said:

I would assume its all formalities, and that was to ask permission to speak to him from the IFA, rather than going to direct to O'Neill, with tomorrow an official approach to O'Neill himself made.

Ah, I see.

Would be a nice Chrimbo present to get this sorted soon. Be good to hear the new manager's plans and get a chance to gauge his attitude towards squad selections, friendlies etc.

2 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Ah, I see.

Would be a nice Chrimbo present to get this sorted soon. Be good to hear the new manager's plans and get a chance to gauge his attitude towards squad selections, friendlies etc.

Press in Belfast are effectively saying the ball should start rolling today.

Given his sudden Levein and Strachans appointments were (news with strachan first broke about 10pm the night before, and was made official the next morning), would not be surprised if we start getting wind of a deal tomorrow at some point, certainly start of next week.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive said it before and will say it again Lars Lagerback is the guy for us.

This guy only has international experience so no chance of him wanting to leave for a club role. Look at his past track record took Sweden to multiple major tournaments and rocked them up the FIFA rankings. Started off the revolution in Icelandic football the nation that we want to replicate their success, who better to get in that the gut that masterminded that. And since he's joined Norway their results have improved. 

Only problem is he'll be on a good contract with Norway and will cost a bit to get out but couldnt we set up a Go Fund Me 

Joking aside if we go down the non scottish route this is the ideal guy for us.

Bilic seems to be high on the list of names linked with Swansea,  so do not see us getting him.

As for Lagarback, unfortunately the time has long past, he signs up for "projects" over 3-5 years and think he is less than a year into the Norway job so would be very surprised (and given his age) if he decided to switch.

18 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

I would be happy to see Mcleish back in the job.  He did well for us and is frankly the best we can expect to attract.

In other words you want a loyal Rangers man in charge of Scotland and none of these Timmy sounding candidates being suggested.

:lol: :lol:

We really are a third rate footballing Nation treated like shite by the amateur self preserving committee that runs the National game & has overseen us getting to this state

No foresight or ambition other than trousering bucket loads of our cash & keeping themselves in the lifestyles they are accustomed

No intention of employing anyone that will deprive them too much of that dosh

No intention of employing anyone that will rock their boat

13 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

We really are a third rate footballing Nation treated like shite by the amateur self preserving committee that runs the National game & has overseen us getting to this state

No foresight or ambition other than trousering bucket loads of our cash & keeping themselves in the lifestyles they are accustomed

No intention of employing anyone that will deprive them too much of that dosh

No intention of employing anyone that will rock their boat

Yes agree. we are going nowhere till we remove the clowns that run our game.

On the manager front Malcolm is correct. Mcleish is as good as we can get.