Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

25 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Dont get me wrong I would sooner have Eck over Moyes or Mackay. Personally, I would go for McInnes but compensation issues probably rules him out. Alex Neil is an interestiong option and one I would not be against. After that you begin gettingvinto the realm of old school bosses and from that group I would take McLeish.

Alex Neil probably on more money than McInnes ergo bigger compensation payment...

I’ve not really watched Northern Ireland play, but they seem to be doing the business with a terrible squad, so maybe O’Neill could be worth a look.

I don’t think I’d have any real objection to jobs for the boys David Moyes. Anyone after Ferguson was going to have a tough time of it at Man United, and Sunderland is a complete basket case of a club. He should have known better than to take that job.

However, I don’t see any real need to rush into things, and would certainly consider a foreigner.

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Odd. He has better managerial record than most if not all other Scottish options and in his first stint won seven out of ten of his matches.

And the football was grim as f u ck. He is a rotten manager, who done ok with us first time round but ultimately failed to qualify for a major tournament despite getting us into a strong position. 

4 minutes ago, Mox said:

And the football was grim as f u ck. He is a rotten manager, who done ok with us first time round but ultimately failed to qualify for a major tournament despite getting us into a strong position. 

Who gives a flying f**k how grim the football was. Like in any other sport football is a results business. Look at Martin O'Neill - they are flipping dire to watch but fans would have Ireland's predicament at present to ours. And do us a favour and look what teams were in McLeish's group eh?

14 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Who gives a flying f**k how grim the football was. Like in any other sport football is a results business. Look at Martin O'Neill - they are flipping dire to watch but fans would have Ireland's predicament at present to ours. And do us a favour and look what teams were in McLeish's group eh?

I care about the style of football. I'm sick to the back teeth of managers implementing draconian coaching methods and formations that do nothing for us in the short term and cause nothing but damage in the long term. We absolutely need to employ a manager with a clear possesion based philosophy that harnesses the talents we have and focuses on the technical aspects of the game rather than free kick routines or how to deliver the perfect corner, it is imperative. We are already years behind lots of other nations and people have complained about how far we are behind for years but then tout guys like McLeish, Smith, Moyes etc for the job, its madness. Football is about skill, intelligence, creativity, awareness, we've yet to learn that and its 2017, this is a chance to embrace that and if we dont we are f u cked.

6 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Michael O'Neill or Lambert for me. I don't think we've got the luxury of time for a left field candidate to understand the players capabilities.

If a fan can understand the players capabilities then a manager should.

Lambert is a dour miserable failure of a manager. The thought of him, Moyes, McLeish or Mackay is worse than having Levein back. 

Is anyone concerned about Moyes lack of intellect?  Time after time I listened to him say "The players done good". He seemed to struggle with basic grammar and vocabulary in his post match interviews. I'm also not convinced that he's tactically astute and capable of keeping a dressing room. 

Edited by Saint4805

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I was all ears until this bit. :lol:

I hated Levein so badly, but my god I’d rather have him than those people. 

Can we get away from a Scottish manager who sounds suicidal. We need a foreigner who understands modern football, not a nippy wee bastrd who talks in shite sound bites. 

Edited by kumnio

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I hated Levein so badly, but my god I’d rather have him than those people. 

Can we get away from a Scottish manager who sounds suicidal. We need a foreigner who understands modern football, not a nippy wee bastrd who talks in shite sound bites. 

All due respects I don't give a crap how he talks or sounds as long as he gets the results.

13 hours ago, McExpat said:

From that lot I think I'd go with wanting the SFA to give Moyes a go at the job. 

A part of me wouldn't mind seeing McLeish get it but the other part of me wouldn't be happy with rewarding him again after he walked out on us last time. 

McInnes is tempting but I feel it's not the right time for him.

MacKay - Please No!

McLeish won't walk out again - he's probably got England out of his system now. But Moyes might.

13 minutes ago, Saint4805 said:

Is anyone concerned about Moyes lack of intellect?  Time after time I listened to him say "The players done good". He seemed to struggle with basic grammar and vocabulary in his post match interviews. I'm also not convinced that he's tactically astute and capable of keeping a dressing room. 

You only have to look at the job he did at Manchester United. Inherited a title winning team including Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Rooney, Robin van Persie, Xavier Hernandez, Michael Carrick etc and in the space of a few months demoralised them and reduced them to also rans.

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I suggest you look at Allardyce's managerial stats - you may swiftly change your mind and do you really want someone covered in shit in the job?

Stats are all well and good but no two managerial tenures are the same. He's used to managing lower end clubs and so his stats are bound to be affected by that. I know that not many other managers would have kept Sunderland and Palace up.