Next Scotland Manager ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Scotland Manager ?

McExpat

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

South Africa manager atm. They have two games v Senegal next months. 4 points and think they make the world cup.

I wouldn't say his record is incredible but if you want an international experienced manager he'd be in the running.

Cape Verde Islands ?

Can't think of Scotland having a worse result than that  

3 minutes ago, dave said:

Billy McKinley involved in some capacity? Highly though of as a coach and was MON's assistant at Northern Ireland before he left for the ill fated Watford job. No idea what he's doing now though. 

Just checked wiki. Was Assistant to moyes in Spain and then managed in Norway before being sacked last year. 

4 hours ago, GlesgaArab said:

If they appointment Mackay, will not be renewing SSC membership for first time in 15 years. 

Its bad enough having him as performance director, he shouldn’t be anywhere near the managers job.

what sort of message does that send out.

Agreed.

talk of him being in charge for the next friendly. Also unacceptable.

6 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

South Africa manager atm. They have two games v Senegal next months. 4 points and think they make the world cup.

I wouldn't say his record is incredible but if you want an international experienced manager he'd be in the running.

Whoooosh....

I think Moyes will possibly be offered the job, but not sure what he really brings to the table, apart from doing a decent job at Everton although since leaving them it went all downhill for him.

McInnes is a young manager doing a good job at Aberdeen, so I would choose him or O'Neil providing Ireland don't qualify. McLeish was a decent manager for us but returning rarely works out.

John Collins could be a decent assistant but the new manager wouldpossibly want to bring in his own team.

1 hour ago, 1ANDYP said:

All this nonsense of not supporting the team because of who is in charge is bull. I support whoever pulls on the jersey. Give whoever gets it a chance.FFS

Completely agree with this. 

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not if it’s Mackay

Why not?

1 minute ago, ParisInAKilt said:

He’s a scumbag 

:lol:

ok snowflake

he made huge mistake, that can’t be denied. He’s accepted his mistake, he paid for it and he did something about it too. Are you one of these snowflake shoes who think one mistake means they are guilty for life and should get to work again?

Just now, vanderark14 said:

ok snowflake

he made huge mistake, that can’t be denied. He’s accepted his mistake, he paid for it and he did something about it too. Are you one of these snowflake shoes who think one mistake means they are guilty for life and should get to work again?

What’s a snowflake?

I wouldn’t say he shouldn’t work again but he would come with so much baggage for someone who arguably isn’t qualified for the job anyway. 

We can do better.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

ok snowflake

Snowflake? Yer da strikes again with patter taken straight from the Daily Mail. McKay is a c u nt and a racist c u nt at that, get him too f u ck.

57 minutes ago, robbo cop said:

I think Moyes will possibly be offered the job, but not sure what he really brings to the table, apart from doing a decent job at Everton although since leaving them it went all downhill for him.

McInnes is a young manager doing a good job at Aberdeen, so I would choose him or O'Neil providing Ireland don't qualify. McLeish was a decent manager for us but returning rarely works out.

John Collins could be a decent assistant but the new manager wouldpossibly want to bring in his own team.

I dont understand the negativity about Moyes (not that I'm bigging him up for the job) he got hung out to dry at United, as good a record as jose and van gal had in season 1 and compare that to what those two spent since Moyes left. Sunderland were just a clusterf**k from day one and had been on the brink for years. His stint in Spain you could argue was his worst but at least he had the balls to give it a go, many other managers would have sat on the sofa.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

Snowflake? Yer da strikes again with patter taken straight from the Daily Mail. McKay is a c u nt and a racist c u nt at that, get him too f u ck.

Wow, I take it you’ve never made any mistakes in your life. I thought only Parkie led the perfect life on here? You do understand that people can make mistakes and learn from them, it often makes them better people for it.

mckay isn’t my choice but only because I don’t think he has is the right choice from a football perspective. 

Patter from the daily mail? Get grip min.

Edited by vanderark14

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Even if you say forgive what he has said and done Mackay's managerial stats are piss poor. A win percentage of 37.20% is nowhere near good enough for the job.

I didn’t say forget but If he’s learned his lesson and become better for it, fair play to him. Agree with the rest. Not the right man for te job,

Edited by vanderark14

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I didn’t say forget but I feel he’s learned his lesson and become better for it, fair play to him. Agree with the rest. Not the right man for te job,

I just find it bizaare that such people are being bandied about as favourites when their managerial record is rank. 

Edited by Caledonian Craig