End of the Road for..... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

End of the Road for.....

Caledonian Craig

20 minutes ago, C Mc said:

Barring the mistakes, I thought Darren Fletcher played well in Slovenia, his best game for a while. But he must be getting to end of his days in the team.

Scott Brown is irreplaceable at the moment - he's vital for the momentum and improvement of the squad to continue.

As much/more for his leadership as for his ability

Barring the mistakes? You serious? Mistakes that cost us goals/game.

1 hour ago, C Mc said:

Barring the mistakes, I thought Darren Fletcher played well in Slovenia, his best game for a while. But he must be getting to end of his days in the team.

Scott Brown is irreplaceable at the moment - he's vital for the momentum and improvement of the squad to continue.

What an utterly bizarre statement.

12 minutes ago, girvanTA said:

Who is?

Haven't i argued with you before about football in Scotland. With you of the opinion that "it's pish" or some other equally compelling insight, despite the fact you don't actually attend any games or contribute to it. 

Or have i got you mixed up with someone else? Apologies if so. 

4 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

David Bates won't get a Scotland cap.  Nowhere near international class.  He'll be lucky if he plays another game for Rangers.  Danny Wilson is ahead if him in both respects and also nowhere near good enough for either.

Fair enough, you've obviously seen a lot more of him than me.
I've only seen bits and he looked ok for a 20 year old who's just been chucked in.

16 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Without going back and watching it again, can you tell us what Berra was doing at the time Slovenia scored their first goal?

Nope, but what does my ability to instantly recall what everyone's doing at a freekick have to do with anything?

I went and looked, he's marking the number 5 who makes a run well under the ball and isn't involved in the goal in any way. Maybe worth noting that Berra's on his toes, expecting a run, while Fletcher is flat footed, weight on his heels, and that's why he gets beaten by the runner. It's basic stuff.

Anyway, what was your point?

From our last squad I think the following will apply:

KEEPERS

Jordan Archer - Squad keeper.

Craig Gordon - No.1

Allan McGregor - Squad Keeper (if even called up) Same for D. Marshall

DEFENDERS

Ikechi Anya - Squad defender (if even called up)

Christophe Berra - Part of defence

Liam Cooper - Squad defender

Grant Hanley - Squad defender (however he shouldn't be getting called up)

Charlie Mulgrew - Part of defence

Andrew Robertson - Part of defence

Kieran Tierney - Part of defence

Steven Whittaker - Last Scotland squad for him even if he doesn't retire. 

Stuart Armstrong -Part of midfield

Barry Bannan - Squad midfielder

Scott Brown - Will retire from INT football

Darren Fletcher - Will retire from INT football

James Forrest - Squad midfielder

Ryan Fraser - Squad midfielder

James McArthur - Squad midfielder

John McGinn - Squad midfielder

James Morrison - Squad midfielder

Matt Phillips -Squad midfielder

Matt Ritchie - Squad midfielder

Robert Snodgrass - Squad midfielder

* I expect to see C. McGregor part of midfield, O. Burke squad midfielder and T. Cairney squad midfielder. 

STRIKERS

Steven Fletcher - Should be finished at INT level but will likely be a squad striker due to a lack of alternatives.

Leigh Griffiths - Striker

Chris Martin - Squad Striker

54 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Haven't i argued with you before about football in Scotland. With you of the opinion that "it's pish" or some other equally compelling insight, despite the fact you don't actually attend any games or contribute to it. 

Or have i got you mixed up with someone else? Apologies if so. 

I've never said scottish football is pish, I go and watch Ayr United right enough though

6 hours ago, girvanTA said:

I've never said scottish football is pish, I go and watch Ayr United right enough though

Apologies. Must be mistaking you with someone else. 

13 hours ago, C Mc said:

Which is why we must find a replacement for him before next September.

He's 32, teetering on the edge of retiring again, and surely on the brink of decline. If we pin our hopes on a fit, commited Scott Brown for the Nations' League we're just setting ourselves up for a rerun of the Darren Fletcher situation. Get McGinn, even Shinnie in now and see if they're up to it.