Strachan's gone - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan's gone

Manno

14 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Starting to think Strachan is actually our worst manager in the post Craig Brown era. Or am I just too raw at the moment and it's definitely Burley/Levein!? 

Aye. Definitely Levein for me. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Berti Vogts called up Gary Teale and upon welcoming him to his first training session asked him 'what position do you play?' 

Bearing in mind his enormous salary as well, Vogts gets my pick as the worst ever manager.

@Squirrelhumper is going to go off his nut at this. ???

Pat Nevin has made the best comments for me.  "Will they someone as good as Strachan?  Maybe.  Will they get someone  better?  Doubt it.  

Walter Smith, Alex McLeish, Gordon Strachan have all had a go.  You start to think after 20 years it might not be the manager..."

Just read Nevins comments, thinks Moyes is the man, he is utterly deluded. 

Scottish fitba wnkers just pick a Scottish name and get behind them. It’s utterly retarded, short sighted and farcical. 

Fck the lot of these self serving idiots. 

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Pat Nevin is a bellend who failed at Motherwell and seems to get away with offering nothing apart from being ex Chelsea and switching from Celtic to Hibs. 

Defeatist yet happy clappers, some people truly amaze me. 

Well, if Scotland doesn't qualify for the Euros then maybe he'll have a point then? Or will it not be until after failing to qualify for the next World Cup that he'll have a point?

If Alex Ferguson takes the job and fails, who's to blame?

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Scottish fitba wnkers just pick a Scottish name and get behind them. It’s utterly retarded, short sighted and farcical. 

Its worse

The National BBC News just interviewed Kris Boyd lying on his living room couch via webcam bemoaning the decision

He probably did the same all those times he was dropped for big games due to being a lazy fvcker 

3 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

Well, if Scotland doesn't qualify for the Euros then maybe he'll have a point then? Or will it not be until after failing to qualify for the next World Cup that he'll have a point?

If Alex Ferguson takes the job and fails, who's to blame?

So you’ve written us off because your wee ginger pal has gone? Sod off and bore someone else. 

In an era where we bemoan parochial and churlish journalism, thon Tom English piece is absolutely devastating for anyone clinging to the idea that Strachan was the man to save us. For sure, he's not the only problem at the SFA but you only have to read the paragraph about the caps Michael O'Neil has handed out to appreciate what a good manager can achieve.

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Pat Nevin has made the best comments for me.  "Will they someone as good as Strachan?  Maybe.  Will they get someone  better?  Doubt it. 

I genuinely like Nevin. But did he see what happened the other night tactically? 

I'm happy he's left, but if the answer to him leaving is McCoist, McLeish, Moyes then bring back Strachan.

We should be asking McInnes first and foremost. I doubt he'd leave the Dons, but give him the call first, and if it's not to be - then let's look abroad.

McLeish and the likes would just play the same players that Strachan did. And would also be too scared to play SPL stars.

Enough time to get this right, but I don't trust the SFA.

When is the discussion about Regan's future? He should have been first oot the door before Strachan!

I'm glad he's gone - it was time for a change (he did well this year however). 

No way is he close to being as bad as Levein and to a lesser extent Vogts.

Hopefully the new guy will forget about loyalty and pick the players who deserve to be there.

Also, the Scotland job should not be for someone who is merely available- we need to go out and get the best man for it.

7 hours ago, kumnio said:

His knowledge is summed up by him thinking Moyes has only had two jobs since leaving Everton. He's an insular moron. 

9 hours ago, adamntg said:

Walter Smith, Alex McLeish, Gordon Strachan have all had a go.  You start to think after 20 years it might not be the manager..."

Walters smith couldn’t buy his way out of trouble, his tenure is overrated 

mcliesh came very close in an extremely tough group. In fact that was ultimate group of death.

strachan failed, no othe way to describe it.

if it’s not the managers,what is it?

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Walters smith couldn’t buy his way out of trouble, his tenure is overrated 

mcliesh came very close in an extremely tough group. In fact that was ultimate group of death.

strachan failed, no othe way to describe it.

if it’s not the managers,what is it?

Pay attention, min. It's genetics.

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Pay attention, min. It's genetics.

:lol:

i was thinking about our rugby team, I always think they look smaller than other teams but they seem to compete well enough lately. The gray brothers being the exception

Agree with those who praise Tom English's analysis. Where English stopped was in suggesting who we could get to make the most of a player pool that, as he suggests, on paper looks superior to those available to the O'Neills.

Can't imagine why Michael of that ilk would leave Norn Iron if they get to the finals. But he knows Scottish football better than Strachan and lives here (unlike Strachan) so if they lose their play-off...

Gareth Bale plays for Wales. I don't know who the manager is or anyone else in the team. I just know Wales suddenly became a team from nowhere and shot up the world rankings. Iceland intrigues me. I sometimes think just like Georgia a good few years ago, it's all about belief, youthful exuberance and less over thinking/strategy. A decent striker, a team that can work together/read the play and defend, a decent goalie, then its game on. How exhausting/pissed of to we get when playing a defensive game ? Regardless of the team, we all just want to see a team ready to give it laldie. 

Probably the closest we have ever been, just lacked winner/killer attitude. 

13 hours ago, Gala Tartan Army (Borders) said:

Berti Vogts called up Gary Teale and upon welcoming him to his first training session asked him 'what position do you play?' 

Bearing in mind his enormous salary as well, Vogts gets my pick as the worst ever manager.

Which Vogts match was it where about 10 minutes in the players were coming over and shouting at the bench to try and find out where they were supposed to be playing?

Anyone thinking Strachan is the worst since Brown has a very short memory.

McLeish is probably the one that's done the best, but Strachan actually has a case for being 2nd. Undefeated in a year is something that's not been done in a long time. It's between him and Walter, and people shouldn't forget the 1 point from 6 against Belarus. Everyone's had their bad moments, even McLeish in Georgia.

19 hours ago, kumnio said:

So you’ve written us off because your wee ginger pal has gone? Sod off and bore someone else. 

If the problem is that we don't have the talent available to qualify at the moment, then changing managers won't help. And after 20 years of blaming managers we are no further forward.

That was my point.