Strachan's gone - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan's gone

Manno

4 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Of course he would. No club would touch him with a shitty stick at the moment. 

I think they would, but it'll be a championship club. Premier League is unlikely due to other available candidates.
So depends if Moyes sees Scotland as a preferable stepping stone back to the premier league, rather than chancing it in the championship, which is so competitive it's a lottery right now.

Got to be going for Klinsmann or Hiddink for me.
All the 'regular names' feel like they're no better that what we had, possibly worse since we know the players were behind Strachan. Would they all be behind Mackay?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

As has been pointed out ad infinitum as you know fine well, he qualified ahead of Iceland, Faroes Islands and Lithuania when they were three of the weakest teams in Europe, and he very nearly managed to fck it up, losing to Lithuania and scrambling a draw away to the Faroes.  And then he got humped 6-0 in the Netherlands - did you forget that one?  Or does that not fit your narrative?

You’re the one making bizarre claims. I’m merely trying to give balance by highlighting both the good and the bad of Vogts’ tenure. You’re the one trying to spin things. 

4 minutes ago, andyD said:

I think they would, but it'll be a championship club. Premier League is unlikely due to other available candidates.
So depends if Moyes sees Scotland as a preferable stepping stone back to the premier league, rather than chancing it in the championship, which is so competitive it's a lottery right now.

Got to be going for Klinsmann or Hiddink for me.
All the 'regular names' feel like they're no better that what we had, possibly worse since we know the players were behind Strachan. Would they all be behind Mackay?

I doubt he’d want to manage in the Championship. 

He’ll be looking for a successful spell with us until a crap Premier League team comes knocking and he’ll leave us and make an arse of himself down there. 

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Going to cost a few quid. Both have just recently just signed new deals

I agree with you but don't let facts get in the way of a good old Johnny Foreigner bashing 

McLeish & Smith both inherited a team largely brought through by Berti Vogts

As much as Berti's friendly results were abysmal he used these games to do what most posters on here have slaughtered other managers for.... Giving youngsters a chance and trying new things. These players took a hiding but became better players at the end of it. Faddy, Pearson, O'Connor, Caldwell, Gordon, Alexander, Maloney and Hartley(?) are just a few of Berti's boys who all played their part in the Euro 2008 campaign

His qualifying record was top class barring the Faroes game but can you say it was any worse than the two Georgia debacles?

If as people want the youngsters being bled in then what about John Collins and Billy Reid

Time to start looking abroad. We'll just end up with the same old shite n' onions though, some dinosaur who's "one of the boys"

My pick would Julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenheim but really can't see it, not only because it would cost but the fact we're shite

He's going to get the Bayern job at the end of the season apparently.

They cant just rush out and appoint a Scottish guy who isnt in a job, or even worse appoint the bigot all ready employed by them. Every Scotsman whose name starts with M is a horrible thought, apart from McInnes, but I wouldnt pick him either.

SFA, you have a period to get it right this time, try not to fck it up please.

47 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I heard not long ago that Strachan was living in Spain. I don't know for how many months of the year or it's even true but a whole host of celebs recently attended his 60th(?) at his place in Spain

But if Jurgen is up for it then there's little contest in who should get the gig. Really can't see it though

That was just a holiday

25 minutes ago, kumnio said:

They cant just rush out and appoint a Scottish guy who isnt in a job, or even worse appoint the bigot all ready employed by them. Every Scotsman whose name starts with M is a horrible thought, apart from McInnes, but I wouldnt pick him either.

SFA, you have a period to get it right this time, try not to fck it up please.

McCann?

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

What about Levein's without his friendlies?

Vogts also some of our best nights. Like beating the Netherlands in the play-offs. 

I actually cannot believe you are trying to paint Bertie as decent or good.

He was a disaster. Beating Holland? You do know these ties are played over 2 legs aye? 

4 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Now who do we get in?

Remembering the SFA are doing the hiring then I fear it will be a cheap option without imagination. Someone like Moyes, McInnes, Mackay or Owen Coyle.

Many fans (myself included) woulds prefer a foreign option but I can't see the SFA having the balls, the imagination or inclination to go down this route.

MacKay out of that lot. At least he has worked a bit with the younger players. Too early in his career for McInnes, you think, considering what he is doing at the moment.

They have to go abroad, you think.

Lars Olsen an outside shout?

5 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I actually cannot believe you are trying to paint Bertie as decent or good.

He was a disaster. Beating Holland? You do know these ties are played over 2 legs aye? 

I'm attempting to give balance. Too many folk speak in binaries. I'm saying to look at his entire record, not just the bad bits.