Strachan's gone - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan's gone

Manno

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank God. We can stop all this ‘let’s keep the muppet because we can’t think of anyone better’ pish. 

We have lots of time to get a suitable replacement in. Whoever it is won’t do any worse than Strachan. 

Now who do we get in?

Remembering the SFA are doing the hiring then I fear it will be a cheap option without imagination. Someone like Moyes, McInnes, Mackay or Owen Coyle.

Many fans (myself included) woulds prefer a foreign option but I can't see the SFA having the balls, the imagination or inclination to go down this route.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He basically wrote his own resignation after game on sunday.

The guy is a buffoon. I wanted rid of him ages ago but as soon as he started blaming genetics instead of admitting responsibility there was no way back for him. 

To be fair, I’m not sure if he wanted to stay anyway. He looked like he’d had enough.

I won’t miss the drivel he comes out with in press conferences. Let’s hope the next man is more professional and takes responsibility for his decisions. 

Ach, not going to stick the knife in - he was a big improvement on what came before and we should be thankful for that. Would really have loved if he was the one to take us back to a major but it wasn't to be.

Cast the net wide. Manager should get two campaigns and it's his second campaign he should be judged and the best thing they could do is get some of the hungry, younger players into the squad as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Now who do we get in?

Remembering the SFA are doing the hiring then I fear it will be a cheap option without imagination. Someone like Moyes, McInnes, Mackay or Owen Coyle.

Many fans (myself included) woulds prefer a foreign option but I can't see the SFA having the balls, the imagination or inclination to go down this route.

Well who do you suggest then?

I can see a lot of people in here are terrified that it’s going to be Moyes or McInnes but nobody seems to be making any alternative suggestions. 

I wouldn’t want Moyes or Coyle, MacKay’s racist controversy will stop him being considered but I wouldn’t mind McInnes. He’s a young, forward thinking manager and wouldn’t do any worse than Strachan. 

I wouldn’t mind Walter Smith having another go but I doubt he’d fancy it and lots of people would moan because he left us before. 

People seem to want a manager who has managed at the highest level, won’t cost too much and is a big name.

Not asking for too much are they?

I am pretty happy about this - as it was by mutual consent.

As long as we don't go cheap-charlie now - or get someone who obviously wants to use it as a springboard back to club management (Moyes et al) - then I will be fine with most options ... as long as there is a commitment towards a squad rebuild.