Strachan "stay" or "go" vote - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan "stay" or "go" vote

ProudScot

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

This is a big problem with our support, I've said for years that our support is part of the problem.

The run of results means nothing now, our next competitive match won't be for another 9 months at least. By then that momentum will have ended...........actually the momentum ended at half time in slovenia when everyone involved shat their pants and blew the lead.. A ittle run of results now and again does not get us to a tournament, he also had a good run at the start of the Euros campaign and that turned to rat shite after Dublin

His time is up

GO

Going by the reports this morning it sounds like he is going. I'm not really all that fussed either way. I try not to get too fixated with either scenario as I can see positives on both sides.

I have absolutely no confidence in the SFA choosing the most appropriate replacement if there is going to be one anyway. They have proven that on a regular basis.

1 minute ago, northernscum said:

Going by the reports this morning it sounds like he is going. I'm not really all that fussed either way. I try not to get too fixated with either scenario as I can see positives on both sides.

I have absolutely no confidence in the SFA choosing the most appropriate replacement if there is going to be one anyway. They have proven that on a regular basis.

After hearing Gordon Smith on Sportsound last night I fear the same. 

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Forgot to listen last night. What was he saying ?

George Peat ruled out a foreign coach last time because it was still too soon after Vogts

He said it was really difficult to implement new ideas because either the board or clubs would block everything because they all fear change.....................not surprised by this.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

George Peat ruled out a foreign coach last time because it was still too soon after Vogts

He said it was really difficult to implement new ideas because either the board or clubs would block everything because they all fear change.....................not surprised by this.

Fück me upside down, what the hell is wrong with all these cünts ?

Go.  He's had a decent innings but not really show much to indicate he's the man to take us forward.  I don't see any outstanding Scottish candidates to replace him and ideally I think we need someone with international experience so I'd be looking at a foreign coach.  Hiddink, LVG and Capello are all available I believe....

49 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

And of course when we are talking about clubs, we all know what that really means. 

Celtic and Rangers are not interested in helping and are happy with the same old pish.

23 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

And of course when we are talking about clubs, we all know what that really means. 

Celtic and Rangers are not interested in helping and are happy with the same old pish.

to be fair its not just the OF in my opinion, some are afraid of change too. Aberdeen are just as bad. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Go.

Incredible that a flukey OG late in a game can change people's opinions so much. 

The Slovakia game last Thursday? TBF we pumped them raw for most of that game. 20 shots on goal I think. If we had drawn that one I think it could fairly have been classed as a bit unlucky.

34 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Go. Three important away games- W 0 - D-1 -L-2. Goals scored 2, Goals lost 8.

And the other important away games, won 2 scored 8 conceded 1.

And the important home games?  Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 0.

How about the only team to score in Slovenia?  The only team to score twice against England?  The biggest wins against Lithuania and Malta?  The most points of any team that finished third? 

It's easy to cherry pick the bits you want to support your argument.

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

The Slovakia game last Thursday? TBF we pumped them raw for most of that game. 20 shots on goal I think. If we had drawn that one I think it could fairly have been classed as a bit unlucky.

Yeah, we outplayed Slovakia's ten players. 

38 minutes ago, adamntg said:

And the other important away games, won 2 scored 8 conceded 1.

And the important home games?  Won 3 Drawn 2 Lost 0.

How about the only team to score in Slovenia?  The only team to score twice against England?  The biggest wins against Lithuania and Malta?  The most points of any team that finished third? 

It's easy to cherry pick the bits you want to support your argument.

You can cherry pick but ultimately we failed to make the play offs in both his full campaigns and his comments give the impression he doesn’t think we’re good enough.

Edited by ParisInAKilt

49 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Wow. What highlights. Stuff the World Cup, i'll just watch us scoring in Slovenia on a loop.