Strachan "stay" or "go" vote - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strachan "stay" or "go" vote

ProudScot

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Here's an idea:

Give him the nations league with the objective of winning the section to prove the recent run of form was not just luck. Means we're not rushed into appointing malky Mackay or some such shite, and if Strachan fails to win our section we can punt him and still have a second bite of the cherry at qualifying via the standard qualification groups.

This is what I thinks best idea

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rude Gullit said:

Here's an idea:

Give him the nations league with the objective of winning the section to prove the recent run of form was not just luck. Means we're not rushed into appointing malky Mackay or some such shite, and if Strachan fails to win our section we can punt him and still have a second bite of the cherry at qualifying via the standard qualification groups.

Or why not tie him down on a 30 year contract so he can get as many chances to fail us time and time again? 

FFS. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, northernscum said:

I'm making it 11-8 in favour of stay so far. Must admit, I wasn't expecting that!

Our public is programmed to bend over and accept getting shafted. It doesn’t surprise me. We are spineless. 

2 minutes ago, northernscum said:

To be honest, I don't think a TAMB poll is going to be all that high a priority in tomorrows meeting at Hampden!

Where did I say it would be? Regan and co know they can get away with easy options because we accept the shite that is served up to us time and again. I was hearing there were heaps applauding failure again on Sunday just like that enbarrassment in Faro. Fvck, look at the responses on social media to this Nations cup thing. Most people are after countries they can visit for a party rather than which teams we have a better chance against. 

14 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Where did I say it would be? Regan and co know they can get away with easy options because we accept the shite that is served up to us time and again. I was hearing there were heaps applauding failure again on Sunday just like that enbarrassment in Faro. Fvck, look at the responses on social media to this Nations cup thing. Most people are after countries they can visit for a party rather than which teams we have a better chance against. 

I know, the "party 1st" crews attitude doesn't really help when they would applaud regardless of what went on in front of them on the pitch. But from my perspective the situation is a bit different this time because we are on a pretty decent run of results over the last year or so, so that obviously gives him a bit more leeway that the likes of last time round with that embarrassing cheer-fest in Portugal or when Levein finally got the elbow.

Obviously plenty of others think he should just GTF now, and he may well not get a new contract, or decide to bin it himself but I just think of all 5 years he has been in charge, this is the most settled the team has been.

Who knows!?!?^?^

**Forgot to mention....the SFA are completely useless, so whatever decision they make, you can be sure it will end up a fvck up!

Edited by northernscum
Forgot to state the obvious!

Why are we even having this debate? 

We should have made the playoffs in the last two campaigns and we didn’t. That means two failures. 

Time and time again Strachan’s baffling decisions have cost us.

How long do people who are saying he should stay think he should be given? Another 2 or 3 campaigns?

With the possibility of 2 games at Hampden in Euro 2020, we MUST qualify for the next tournament in my eyes. Strachan has proven that he can’t get the best out of his players for a full campaign and should be thanked for his service and politely asked to GTF. 

GO!  I can no believe that he has any support.

The team against Slovenia was crying out for McGregor or McGinn from the start....we did not have energy in Centre mid...he did not even bring one if them on!

He talks about 'genetics' being against us, but he never even picked possibly our most athletic (And fairly tall) player in Burke for the squad.  Some may say that he does not getting games...which is true...but neither does Anya at a lower level.

Look at Northern Ireland...O'Neill picks players that are playing and on form regardless of the level they play at...Strachan barely looks outside of Celtic within our own top league.

He is too loyal to too many.

For all of the above reasons...he has to go!

9 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Here's an idea:

That's actually a good idea, gives us a chance to see if he can maintain the good form. 

Stay is my vote.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

This is a big problem with our support, I've said for years that our support is part of the problem.

8 hours ago, northernscum said:

I know, the "party 1st" crews attitude doesn't really help when they would applaud regardless of what went on in front of them on the pitch. But from my perspective the situation is a bit different this time because we are on a pretty decent run of results over the last year or so, so that obviously gives him a bit more leeway that the likes of last time round with that embarrassing cheer-fest in Portugal or when Levein finally got the elbow.

Obviously plenty of others think he should just GTF now, and he may well not get a new contract, or decide to bin it himself but I just think of all 5 years he has been in charge, this is the most settled the team has been.

Who knows!?!?^?^

**Forgot to mention....the SFA are completely useless, so whatever decision they make, you can be sure it will end up a fvck up!

The run of results means nothing now, our next competitive match won't be for another 9 months at least. By then that momentum will have ended...........actually the momentum ended at half time in slovenia when everyone involved shat their pants and blew the lead.. A ittle run of results now and again does not get us to a tournament, he also had a good run at the start of the Euros campaign and that turned to rat shite after Dublin

His time is up

GO

32 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

That's actually a good idea, gives us a chance to see if he can maintain the good form. 

Stay is my vote.

His contract ends next month, I doubt he will accept a contract for only this league of nations thingy. If the SFA give him a new contract it will be for another canpaign