SFA Meeting on Thursday - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SFA Meeting on Thursday

kumnio

43 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

He deserves another campaign.

a third one. mental. 

If only we had visionaries in charge of our game. If only we had people with a slight level of ambition who could think out of the box when it comes to appointments. it is the same old shit and likely to be the same old tired band of potential managers who will get quoted. No other group of fans would put up with such a shambolic running of their game but we do and our reward for it is the likes of Burley, Levein, and potentially three time failure Strachan. Strachan banging on about genetics and height was embarrassing but nothing you would not expect from him. he is a small man in every way who looks at life through the prism of his diminutive stature. it also seeks to misdirect some gullible journalists and fans from his continual failings. if his contract gets renewed/extended it is no more than what we and the likes of Dizzy deserve.  

6 minutes ago, Return of Yermaw said:

a third one. mental. 

If only we had visionaries in charge of our game. If only we had people with a slight level of ambition who could think out of the box when it comes to appointments. it is the same old shit and likely to be the same old tired band of potential managers who will get quoted. No other group of fans would put up with such a shambolic running of their game but we do and our reward for it is the likes of Burley, Levein, and potentially three time failure Strachan. Strachan banging on about genetics and height was embarrassing but nothing you would not expect from him. he is a small man in every way who looks at life through the prism of his diminutive stature. it also seeks to misdirect some gullible journalists and fans from his continual failings. if his contract gets renewed/extended it is no more than what we and the likes of Dizzy deserve.  

If Strachan is kept on I’m done forking out another penny on them. Took her to Lithuania and spent a fortune. Then as soon as that game was done I booked myself on flights to Scotland for the home game. Spent thousands on both these games so close together. For what? To get rewarded with that wee arrogant whank Strachan to get a third go at failure. No thanks.

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

If Strachan is kept on I’m done forking out another penny on them. Took her to Lithuania and spent a fortune. Then as soon as that game was done I booked myself on flights to Scotland for the home game. Spent thousands on both these games so close together. For what? To get rewarded with that wee arrogant whank Strachan to get a third go at failure. No thanks.

Yep.

He is an arrogant muppet.

I think the fact that it is so quick after our elimination means he is gone

It wont have been an SFA decision, it will have been his

This is just going through the motions it seems

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

How you choose to spend your money is entirely your decision, but to take any of it out on the manager of a football team doesn't stand up to serious scrutiny.

Pissed off from Podgorica................who's spent plenty of his own lately.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think the fact that it is so quick after our elimination means he is gone

It wont have been an SFA decision, it will have been his

This is just going through the motions it seems

Its a regular scheduled meeting I believe. Therefore no decision will be taken (other than how much to spend on lunch..).

Anyhoo : Brendan Rodgers part time ? 

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

Its a regular scheduled meeting I believe. Therefore no decision will be taken (other than how much to spend on lunch..).

Anyhoo : Brendan Rodgers part time ? 

Believe they have said his future will be decided

No

2 hours ago, Return of Yermaw said:

a third one. mental. 

He was close enough for me to believe he's as good a person as any to be at the helm.

Plus, ever heard of 3rd time lucky?

What was Alex Fergusons record at Man Utd before he done anything that could be regarded as successful? Didn't he preside over a shambles initially?

Lennon get him in !

•Cheap - aspires to be a Rodgers!

•Foreign manager but not too foreign

•Can win a big game

•Knows Scottish footy inside out

•Of the calibre of the O'Neill's.

•Give certain fans a reason to hate him even more!

•Young and enthusiastic.

•No bulls"@t

Surely better than Strachan?

18 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

He was close enough for me to believe he's as good a person as any to be at the helm.

Plus, ever heard of 3rd time lucky?

What was Alex Fergusons record at Man Utd before he done anything that could be regarded as successful? Didn't he preside over a shambles initially?

Been there 5 years

Every manager makes mistakes but he has made the same ones on more than one occasion

For all this talk of improvement (they said the same after Levein failed twice) as i said in an earlier post every "lesser" or comparable nation must pray at every qualifying draw that they get Scotland because results at home are crucial

We are too much of a soft target

Thats after 5 years

The same deficiences that were there 5 years ago are still there - not to mention a good deal of the personnel (his favourites) that have let us down in the past

Edited by Ally Bongo

A man tries to climb a mountain.

He goes to a shop and buys a shovel and starts digging, everyone can see he is going in the wrong way about it, but he is indignant to it, eventually he realises he is wrong.

He starts walking back up the slope that he has dug, he gets close to the starting point, and people cheer him for almost getting  back to level ground.

Has he done well, or is he a buffoon in a hole? I know what I think. 

Just now, dezmondo said:

My mate summed it up perfectly. His genetics comments clearly tell us he feels he can do no more with the players available to him. He has to go.

IMO this, and above everything else, is why the SFA have stated his position will be discussed on Thursday ..going against the grain

Not because of results, performances or failure on the park

But because this comment reflects poorly on them and their tenure

Its whats best for SFA self preservation on Thursday

I don't trust the SFA to make the right decision on Thursday.

The right one would be to sack Strachan and start by looking abroad (look at McInnes though).

No doubt, they'll sack Strach (most of us all will be happy) and in six months time they´ll give it to Malky McKay or McLeish! If that happens then I'd rather we kept Gordon on.

First order of business on Thursday should be Regan's resignation!