BBC Sportsound - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC Sportsound

kumnio

Just now, Texas Pete said:

I didn’t say I agreed with Boyd. I just said he didn’t say that Rangers fans deserve better than any other set of fans. 

Anyone who doesn’t hate Rangers can clearly see what he means though - the fans deserve better performances from the players considering how much they cost and how much the fans pay for their tickets and also because of the success they’ve enjoyed in the past.

Is Boyd correct? I don’t know and I don’t really care either.

But surely him saying they deserve better is absolutely saying they deserve more than other sets of fans with the clear exception of Celtic? 

Just now, Ormond said:

But surely him saying they deserve better is absolutely saying they deserve more than other sets of fans with the clear exception of Celtic? 

How do you figure that?

Aberdeen fans are getting what they deserve from their players in terms of effort. Rangers fans are not. According to Boyd anyway.

Money isn’t everything but if my club had paid what Rangers have paid this season - more than anyone else except possibly Celtic - then I would expect more than the shite they have to put up with on the park most weeks.

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

How do you figure that?

Aberdeen fans are getting what they deserve from their players in terms of effort. Rangers fans are not. According to Boyd anyway.

Money isn’t everything but if my club had paid what Rangers have paid this season - more than anyone else except possibly Celtic - then I would expect more than the shite they have to put up with on the park most weeks.

So, just because they spend more than anyone except one club they should only be dropping points from Celtic? Boyd is like any other Hun in the media. He is reeking of arrogance. They are the peepil though. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, Ormond said:

So, just because they spend more than anyone except one club they should only be dropping points from Celtic? Boyd is like any other Hun in the media. He is reeking of arrogance. They are the peepil though. :rolleyes:

Keep yer hatred on Pie and Bovril mate. 

This is the Tartan Army Board. 

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

Exactly, I didn’t think that would be hard for anyone to grasp.

Will probably regret this, but Texas Pete's explanation of Boyd's witterings makes perfect sense. Boyd was expressing the view that Ranger's fans deserve better than the shite they are currently being served up. Whether you agree with his view of the deserving nature of the Ranger's support or not, you have to be looking through a fairly distorted lens to read that as an insult to any other club's support. Just saying ...

5 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Will probably regret this, but Texas Pete's explanation of Boyd's witterings makes perfect sense. Boyd was expressing the view that Ranger's fans deserve better than the shite they are currently being served up. Whether you agree with his view of the deserving nature of the Ranger's support or not, you have to be looking through a fairly distorted lens to read that as an insult to any other club's support. Just saying ...

I don’t feel insulted. It’s the sheer arrogance of twats like Boyd that never ceases with media Huns like him.

11 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Exactly, I didn’t think that would be hard for anyone to grasp.

Boyd clearly meant he felt Rangers fans deserved more than the mediocre dross they have to put up with every week. He didn’t mean that Rangers fans deserve better than any other set of fans. 

Boyd probably thought that wouldn’t be too difficult for anyone to grasp. Clearly he was wrong. 

I doubt an idiot like Boyd cares enough about any other set of fans (except maybe Kilmarnock) to even give them a second thought when he pontificates on the radio or in the papers. 

On 24/10/2017 at 9:11 PM, Ormond said:

No he’s just saying they deserve better.

Strange to read into it so much.

They do deserve better I’d say. So do Dundee United fans and other sets of fans who support big clubs who are underachieving.

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

No he’s just saying they deserve better.

Strange to read into it so much.

They do deserve better I’d say. So do Dundee United fans and other sets of fans who support big clubs who are underachieving.

ProudScot pretending to know anything about Scottish football. It’s cute.

I've always found that line "rangers fans deserve better" rather odd. Would have been mentioned loads in the le guen era and any other time they've lost points after say 2/3 games on the bounce over the past 10 years.for the amount of success they've had you would think it wouldn't be too bad for them. If rangers fans always deserve better, what does a fan of say Hamilton or Patrick thistle who attends every game home and away deserve - just to get back their box and put up, bow down their superior masters who always deserve success at the old firm.

i see Graeme souness was mouthing off this week saying Scottish football "will die" if rangers don't get back to their successful selves. He believes just rangers and no other team because Scottish football was great and talked about in England when the old firm won everything prior to 2012. I can tell him he is deluded, it wasn't and was a boring terrible league back then. There was a stat on twitter around last year I posted on here that the top flight in Scotland was the least competitive in Europe for around the past 20 years. How is that good Graeme ?

9 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Tom English ripping Alex Rae a new one last night was enjoyable 👍🏼

Alex Rae, is borderline retarded, his nonsense on sevco was utter pish.

Souness is so out of touch and clueless as well, typical leave voter I suppose.

• 3 weeks later...

Kris Boyd and Chick Young went to new levels of stupidity last night or in Boyd's case new levels of both arrogance and stupidity.

Michael Stewart must feel suicidal having to argue with that pair on a weekly cases :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...