BBC Sportsound - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC Sportsound

kumnio

9 hours ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Im undecided but I do get impression players are playing for him. It's important not to underestimate that - I dont think that would be the case with many of the possible alternatives being touted. 

players will mostly give the impression they back the manager, thats nothing new. In some cases they will because they fear change in case they lose their place. There's nothing to say they won't play for a new manager.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

players will mostly give the impression they back the manager, thats nothing new. In some cases they will because they fear change in case they lose their place. There's nothing to say they won't play for a new manager.

There's no guarantee of that - see George Burley for a graphic example of the phenomenon.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

There's no guarantee of that - see George Burley for a graphic example of the phenomenon.

I never said there was a guarantee of it but just because its a gamble is not a valid enough reason to stick with something that isn't working

13 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

That's my fear. I don't think any of the candidates mentioned are in the Burley mould - Moyes, Mackay, Lambert etc seem really self-confident and bolshie enough to command a dressing room, but it could go wrong in other ways, i.e. if they are too dictatorial or arrogant.

1 minute ago, Rude Gullit said:

That's my fear. I don't think any of the candidates mentioned are in the Burley mould - Moyes, Mackay, Lambert etc seem really self-confident and bolshie enough to command a dressing room, but it could go wrong in other ways, i.e. if they are too dictatorial or arrogant.

Or in Mackay's case, a racist bigot.

3 hours ago, northernscum said:

I wish some fvcker would unplug David Curries mic. 

Its fvcking unreal and i'm sure sportsound had him on in purpose to spite me - i have tweeted them numerous times asking why the likes of him and Chick Young/Kris Boyd are on discussing something as serious

He made an arse of the opening 5 minutes - cue 5 minutes of jokery wasting valuable time

Then Tom English is in the middle of making a really good point and be buts in with another inane interjection stopping English in his tracks

A fvcking idiot

Edited by Ally Bongo

My ideal fitba radio program would be hosted by Richard Gordon with Jim Spence and Tom English providing the journo's perspective and Michael Stewart and Stevie Thompson providing the players perspective. 

David Currie thinks he's funny and a bit of a patter merchant but he's not. He can feck off and take Billy Dodds, Chic Young, Alan Preston, Jonathan Sutherland and Craig Paterson with him.

And give Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd some nice crayons to play with.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Kris Commons was being ridiculously stupid last night. He tried to compare Coleman's tenure at wales with strachans by saying they both failed to get to the world cup so why is it ok for coleman to stay in his job.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Ach well, at least his team qualified for the tournament I suppose. That'll be nice for him.

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

My ideal fitba radio program would be hosted by Richard Gordon with Jim Spence and Tom English providing the journo's perspective and Michael Stewart and Stevie Thompson providing the players perspective. 

David Currie thinks he's funny and a bit of a patter merchant but he's not. He can feck off and take Billy Dodds, Chic Young, Alan Preston, Jonathan Sutherland and Craig Paterson with him.

And give Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd some nice crayons to eat.

Yeah, i agree. Tom English is by far the best journalist in Scottish football. He's objective, insightful and isn't beholden to anyone when it comes to giving his opinion. 

Agree with you on the players too. Although i've fixed your comment on Boyd and Ferguson. 

13 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Great line up, I would add Stuart Cosgrove to that panel. Those whose entire existence revolves round the ugly sisters would hate every moment of it though!

Chick Dung claims Strachan is angry at being pushed out as are some of the players. If true, do none of them think they’ve failed? Do they think that it’s acceptable to fail?

Bonner made the point that we have great momentum and that’s an argument in favour of Strachan staying, bull shit! Any momentum we had when Strachan reverted to type in the final game.

10 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Chick Dung claims Strachan is angry at being pushed out as are some of the players. If true, do none of them think they’ve failed? Do they think that it’s acceptable to fail?

Bonner made the point that we have great momentum and that’s an argument in favour of Strachan staying, bull shit! Any momentum we had when Strachan reverted to type in the final game.

I’m not sure I’d believe a word that came out of Chico’s mouth but if that’s true then Strachan should get a grip. 

He had an outside chance of keeping his job due to turning it around after the first four games and almost making the playoffs but he should remember that the position we were in after four games was down to him and nobody else. Did he really expect to keep his job after failing to make the playoffs two campaigns in a row? He must have suspected he wouldn’t get a new contract surely?

It was time for a change and I’m sure whoever gets the job will be capable of doing just as well as Strachan, even if it is someone that the ‘experts’ on here don’t think can do a good job.

If you want a good laugh, have a listen to last nights podcast. Kris Boyd hits new depths with his latest comments

"Rangers fans deserve better" - no explanation why their fans deserve more or better than any other set of supporters

"Dundee United are feeling the backlash after their stance on Rangers" :lol::lol: 

12 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

If you want a good laugh, have a listen to last nights podcast. Kris Boyd hits new depths with his latest comments

"Rangers fans deserve better" - no explanation why their fans deserve more or better than any other set of supporters

"Dundee United are feeling the backlash after their stance on Rangers" :lol::lol: 

He didn’t mean they deserve better than anyone else. He clearly meant they deserve better than they’ve been getting. 

22 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

He didn’t mean they deserve better than anyone else. He clearly meant they deserve better than they’ve been getting. 

Why do they deserve better than what they have been getting? After all that the Huns went through they are lucky they have a club never mind having one at the top table in the country. 

7 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Why do they deserve better than what they have been getting? After all that the Huns went through they are lucky they have a club never mind having one at the top table in the country. 

I didn’t say I agreed with Boyd. I just said he didn’t say that Rangers fans deserve better than any other set of fans. 

Anyone who doesn’t hate Rangers can clearly see what he means though - the fans deserve better performances from the players considering how much they cost and how much the fans pay for their tickets and also because of the success they’ve enjoyed in the past.

Is Boyd correct? I don’t know and I don’t really care either.