BBC Sportsound - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BBC Sportsound

kumnio

14 hours ago, kumnio said:

Can the bbc stop brining on Kris Boyd, he would defend every singer manager, and every single decision a manager makes. 

The Scottish cringe and clique is in full effect. 

Boyd is a moron, I hope he gets a managers position soon so we call watch him fail spectacularly. We are talking about a guy who refused to play for Scotland because he didn’t like the manager so his opinion on anything related to Scotland should be treated with contempt. The only way this odious sack of crap gets his point across is to should loudly over the top of the rest.

the BBC should have read his article on how he wasn’t allowed to eat burgers under le guen, if they did they would have stopped asking him on to the panel. What’s even worse is sky seem to value his opinion too.

I listened to the last of the podcast this morning, if it were possible I think I hate Body even more than I did an hour ago :lol:.  He genuinely doesn't have an opinion, he just shouts bile and adds "end of story" at the end. 

You can just imagine Boyd going to the polling station on 18th September 2014 with his big Vote No flag because we are too wee, too poor and too stupid

One of the biggest laziest wasters of the game giving advice ?

You can always tell when BBC Scotland don't want an informative serious constructive discussion 

David Currie, Chic Young and/or Boydy will be on 

16 hours ago, kumnio said:

Can the bbc stop brining on Kris Boyd, he would defend every singer manager, and every single decision a manager makes. 

The Scottish cringe and clique is in full effect. 

Wrong he outed Cathro even before he started his job.

19 minutes ago, teecee- said:

Wrong he outed Cathro even before he started his job.

every dog has his day, he maybe got it right when it came to cathro but I'd be willing to bet Boyd's style of management would be completely out of date and he'd fail 

Sportsound is laughable tonight.

"Nobody wants Gordon Strachan to go"

its good that countries like Northern Ireland are having some success as atleast the standard pundit comment; "We just don't have the players, Alex Ferguson couldn't get that team to qualify" is now a thing of the past. 

7 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

John Rankin speaking even bigger baws.

He's just said that the players in the squad want Strachan to continue ??

They're hardly going to say otherwise are they ?

I get a feeling a lot of them do. Don't know why but I think they do make a real effort for him.

Scottish footballers all fall into line and back each other no matter what, it is like a code they have. Which is why I would not listen to any of these whanks about which manager is best. Still remember that total kkunt Pat Nevin on BBC making every excuse possible for Levien. And they are whanks. It is just a money thing to them, they don't give a shit about us doing well, they laugh at us behind our backs, think we are all mugs. 

Taking away the fact that David Currie acts like some kind of failed Butlins comedian, it's quite an interesting programme tonight. I get the point that Rankin is making about players telling him that they actually want to play for Strachan, as he says, they WOULD say that to the media, but if they are saying it between themselves, then it's a bit more believable.

To be honest I can see benefits whatever the decision on Strachan's future is. We are on a good run of results at the moment, yes it was too little too late for qualifying, but you can't ignore that it's our best unbeaten run for 20 years. But on the other hand Strachan is a thrawn wee shitebag when it comes to making pretty obvious decisions.

I would be happy enough if Strachan & Davidson stayed on but McGhee took himself to f***, bring in Willie Miller as an extra defensive coach instead.

10 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Taking away the fact that David Currie acts like some kind of failed Butlins comedian, it's quite an interesting programme tonight. I get the point that Rankin is making about players telling him that they actually want to play for Strachan, as he says, they WOULD say that to the media, but if they are saying it between themselves, then it's a bit more believable.

To be honest I can see benefits whatever the decision on Strachan's future is. We are on a good run of results at the moment, yes it was too little too late for qualifying, but you can't ignore that it's our best unbeaten run for 20 years. But on the other hand Strachan is a thrawn wee shitebag when it comes to making pretty obvious decisions.

I would be happy enough if Strachan & Davidson stayed on but McGhee took himself to f***, bring in Willie Miller as an extra defensive coach instead.

Willie Miller!? 

The current managerial team is a joke & in terms of a manager who picks players on form and who are actually playing aswell as not being a stubborn wee shank, I can only see any other new manager being an improvement. 

1 hour ago, fringo said:

I get a feeling a lot of them do. Don't know why but I think they do make a real effort for him.

The players that want Strachan to stay will be the 2 Fletchers, James Forrest,  Matt Phillips , Barry Banana and probably Mcarthur cause the new manager wouldn't pick them in his squad 

5 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

The players that want Strachan to stay will be the 2 Fletchers, James Forrest,  Matt Phillips , Barry Banana and probably Mcarthur cause the new manager wouldn't pick them in his squad 

I'd say it's the majority of them including guys who should be there for years getting 50+ caps like Tierney, Robertson and Armstrong along with others like Brown, Berra, Mulgrew etc. I could be way off the mark but that's just the impression I get.

Edited by fringo

9 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'd say it's the majority of them including guys who should be there for years getting 50+ caps like Tierney, Robertson and Armstrong along with others like Brown, Berra, Mulgrew etc. I could be way off the mark but that's just the impression I get.

The guys you mention would more than likely be safe with a new manager . I'm not saying I want Strachan to go I just think a few of the players are too comfortable with him as manager 

11 minutes ago, noctonjock said:

The guys you mention would more than likely be safe with a new manager . I'm not saying I want Strachan to go I just think a few of the players are too comfortable with him as manager 

I'm not sure if I want him to go either. I can still see the pros and cons.

But I do think most of the squad seem behind him, whether that's a comfort thing or not I don't know. But if they mostly/all feel comfortable with him then that's a good thing in terms of playing together and supporting the cause IMO. Makes for a stronger team potentially although some performances (like the 2nd half v Slovenia) could suggest otherwise.

Edited by fringo

42 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'm not sure if I want him to go either. I can still see the pros and cons.

But I do think most of the squad seem behind him, whether that's a comfort thing or not I don't know. But if they mostly/all feel comfortable with him then that's a good thing in terms of playing together and supporting the cause IMO. Makes for a stronger team potentially although some performances (like the 2nd half v Slovenia) could suggest otherwise.

You would like to think the captain would be strong enough to argue the toss with Strachan at H/T if the scenario was that he told the team to sit back on the 1-0 lead against the better judgement of the team and the 1st half performance.

Maybe Brown would have been a stronger influence in the dressing room in that situation.