So no game till march 2019 then. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

So no game till march 2019 then.

bonny78

Normally we go 10 or 11 months without a game but this one is an even longer wait. Awful stuff. Could have 2 kids quicker than our next game if i were to bone the mrs the night she gives birth ya kwunt.

Club football for me plus the usual world cup without my team in it. 

7 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Normally we go 10 or 11 months without a game but this one is an even longer wait. Awful stuff. Could have 2 kids quicker than our next game if i were to bone the mrs the night she gives birth ya kwunt.

:lol: 

17 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

I don’t know how she’ll be able to resist such romantic notions...

:lol:

It is a long time, but we have this nations league in 10 months to look forward too.

You'll be too busy changing nappies at that stage mind you... 

44 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Jesus. Not really possible but FFS what a laugh

42 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Ok is this part of 2020 qualification?  Whens the draw if so

The draw for this will be in January 2018. The matches will be played between September and November 2018.

We'll be drawn into a group whereby were we to win it, we'd qualify for a playoff to make Euro 2020.

After the initial group phase the draw for the actual Euro Qualifiers takes place in December 2018 and we'll play that as normal between (i think) March 2019 and Novermber 2019. If we finish in the top two of our group we qualify, if we don't then we move into the playoff (assuming that we have won our Nations League group).

Edited by Lion Rampant

55 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

The draw for this will be in January 2018. The matches will be played between September and November 2018.

We'll be drawn into a group whereby were we to win it, we'd qualify for a playoff to make Euro 2020.

After the initial group phase the draw for the actual Euro Qualifiers takes place in December 2018 and we'll play that as normal between (i think) March 2019 and Novermber 2019. If we finish in the top two of our group we qualify, if we don't then we move into the playoff (assuming that we have won our Nations League group).

Thanks

After reading a number of websites, this is the best explanation i have seen

38 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

What are game dates for the euro qualifying?

Strikes me that trying to fit 10 games between March-October 2019 is going to be a bit tricky especially as they'll be play offs aswell which I presume will be played in the November like they usually are.

Think the playoffs for the NL are March 2020. Not sure there are playoffs for the normal qualifiers?

8 hours ago, bonny78 said:

I hope you die tbh

1 hour ago, Tartan Chris said:

What are game dates for the euro qualifying?

Strikes me that trying to fit 10 games between March-October 2019 is going to be a bit tricky especially as they'll be play offs aswell which I presume will be played in the November like they usually are.

Playoffs are in March 2020.

Main Qualification will run from March to November 2019. That gives 10 dates, 2 in March, June, September, October and November. 

No games in June if we're drawn in a group of 5 in the main qualifying draw. 

51 minutes ago, Lion Rampant said:

Playoffs are in March 2020.

Main Qualification will run from March to November 2019. That gives 10 dates, 2 in March, June, September, October and November. 

No games in June if we're drawn in a group of 5 in the main qualifying draw. 

Why no games in June?  We`d only have 8 matches but there`d be 2 days when we`re not playing and others are so still no match days and i doubt other 4 teams would let us take our days off in June. In autumn 2018 if we`re in a group of 3 we`ll have 2 free days but hopefully there`ll be teams in other groups of 3 in other divisions who we could play in friendlies.

5 hours ago, Rude Gullit said:

Important to get it into the psyche of the national side: the Nations' League is not a curry friendly comp - it is effectively bite 1 of 2 at the cherry of Euro 2020 qualifying. They are effectively competitive games.

You'd hope the staff at the SFA would know this, although I am not certain they do!

7 hours ago, ironbrew said:

Why no games in June?  We`d only have 8 matches but there`d be 2 days when we`re not playing and others are so still no match days and i doubt other 4 teams would let us take our days off in June. In autumn 2018 if we`re in a group of 3 we`ll have 2 free days but hopefully there`ll be teams in other groups of 3 in other divisions who we could play in friendlies.

Sorry, maybe didn't word that well. The groups of 5 would include the teams that have qualified for the nations League finals. That is played in the international fixture dates in June. 

I was just assuming that all groups of 5 would have no June fixtures but it's entirely possible that they remaining 4 teams could have 2 fixtures each.