The TAMB - so what's happening? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The TAMB - so what's happening?

Browsing various threads in TA Specific, there are a number of posters who seem to be under the impression that the board is still closing down.

Now that the 'play-off bounce' has failed to materialize, are the 'new custodians' (wanky phrase) going to come on to explain how they intend rejuvenate this place, or do they just intend to preside silently over its continued decline? I appreciate they may be on their way back from Slovenia, but it would be good to hear something soon.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, jcs said:

This is why a lot of people have left to many bellends on the TAMB he made his statement we won’t qualify people on a scotland board don’t want to hear that n then to come back after we’ve been put out n be chuffed with his prediction your right he’s a bellend thank this board is shutting to many on here just want to wind people up or have an arguement

13 hours ago, Larky Masher said:

End of the campaign almost coincides with the end of the TAMB.

15 hours ago, Tartan Chris said:

All over folks....time to look ahead to 2020 (although not on this board).

People under estimated Slovenia, yes they were poor at Hampden but they're the typical east european team that don't travel well but are very very tough to beat on their home turf.

Even with little to play for they still have quality players like Illic on the park.

Strachan's lack of subs and taking off a striker immediately after 1-1 are unforgivable though.

He's not the worst Scottish manager ever but two full campaigns now and 4th is the best he can do.

Some examples of the posts I mentioned. Folk are just going to drift off, if it's not made clear that there's been a reprieve ...

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Wee Strachan's taking it over. Unfortunately, just when things start to go well he'll be changing the structure from threaded to flat and only allowing his pet posters to contribute.

Will you need to be over 6 feet to continue posting? I should be ok but I fear for other regular contributors...

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

More seriously I now notice when I don't use the TAMB via wi-fi it feckin devours my mobile data allowance. What's the sketch there? Due to all the extra adverts?...

Get a contract with 20gb on the tariff :ok:

Edited by dandydunn

If the people running the board want to cheer themselves up just compare and contrast the reaction you got on here to your announcement versus how the Guardian got on when it launched its twitter appeal for donations. Hilarious reading the responses.

This actually restores some of my faith in people in the UK...

No idea what's up but I had no access to the buttons to post or access my own profile etc the last couple of days. Fortunately I was able to circumvent those problems today. Phart is back up and running with full permissions, I hope the administrator doesn't mind i just sorted it myself :) 

2 hours ago, phart said:

No idea what's up but I had no access to the buttons to post or access my own profile etc the last couple of days. Fortunately I was able to circumvent those problems today. Phart is back up and running with full permissions, I hope the administrator doesn't mind i just sorted it myself :) 

I have no idea what most of that means or how it happened.

I'm certainly not aware of any changes having been made to members' statuses.

I'll refer it to Technical.

Just now, phart said:

Ah so someone reported mine... Interesting :) 

They did. And it's not really.

Reporting posts isn't restricted to dropping the bad boys in it.

Responsible members have been using the system for years to bring posts to the attention of the shite Moderators.

9 minutes ago, Mod11 said:

Responsible members have been using the system for years to bring posts to the attention of the shite Moderators.

??!!!! :lol:

16 minutes ago, Mod11 said:

It is interesting to me. Cheers for that info, I had no way of obtaining it without you offering it freely. :)

Other members have bitched about it on facebook instead genuine LOL moment here.

1 minute ago, phart said:

It is interesting to me. Cheers for that info, I had no way of obtaining it without you offering it freely. :)

Other members have bitched about it on facebook instead genuine LOL moment here.

I appear to have made you happy. That's probably good but leaves me unmoved.

I have no idea what your post means though.

1 minute ago, Mod11 said:

I appear to have made you happy. That's probably good but leaves me unmoved.

I have no idea what your post means though.

No. folk reporting my posts made me laugh out loud. LOL= Laugh out Loud.

I was then reminiscing how "responsible members"(a swear filter construct no doubt) used to bitch about my posts on facebook(thinking me unaware all these years) instead of reporting them or engaging. 

anyway only 3 weeks till Armageddon for this site anyway.

1 minute ago, phart said:

No. folk reporting my posts made me laugh out loud. LOL= Laugh out Loud.

I was then reminiscing how "responsible members"(a swear filter construct no doubt) used to bitch about my posts on facebook(thinking me unaware all these years) instead of reporting them or engaging. 

anyway only 3 weeks till Armageddon for this site anyway.

You can report Facebook posts?