Match thread - Page 15 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

wheres the pies

3 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

They are extremely patronising.

the whole coverage was very dournand negative from second 1.

collins was also very negative about going two up top.

Good God, you c u nts are actually serious. 

As for Collins, he was right to be negative, no one plays 4-4-2 anymore as it has no place in modern football, you immediately give up a body in midfield, you get over run and you're on the backfoot. Playing two up top shows how out of touch Strachan is with modern football, the mans a dinosaur. 

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mox said:

Good God, you c u nts are actually serious. 

As for Collins, he was right to be negative, no one plays 4-4-2 anymore as it has no place in modern football, you immediately give up a body in midfield, you get over run and you're on the backfoot. Playing two up top shows how out of touch Strachan is with modern football, the mans a dinosaur. 

Switching to 4-4-2 kept us in the tournament on Thursday 

proven forgets where he was as a player which was in celtic team but not gd enough for international football .if you listen to him he loves players that can cross the ball (as he could) but slates everyone else. a nomark prostitute to English media. how the 2 of them have been in job as long ?????

3 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

proven forgets where he was as a player which was in celtic team but not gd enough for international football .if you listen to him he loves players that can cross the ball (as he could) but slates everyone else. a nomark prostitute to English media. how the 2 of them have been in job as long ?????

"...a lovely crosser of the ball".

Add Pat Khunting Nevin to the list (and it is a long list). The BBC only hires absolute bawbags as a rule.

4 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Second half performance was woeful however if anyone can give me a realistic candidate other than Strachan then let me know. 

David Moyes, Paul Lambert, Stevie Clarke and probably the majority of any foreign managers that would be interested.

Just now, stevenmcn said:

David Moyes, Paul Lambert, Stevie Clarke and probably the majority of any foreign managers that would be interested.

The three Scots mentioned would do no better then Strachan in my opinion. So why change? I doubt a decent foreign coach would want the role unless it was given to one who was going to be given lots of time to change the culture of the set up. 

6 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

The three Scots mentioned would do no better then Strachan in my opinion. So why change? I doubt a decent foreign coach would want the role unless it was given to one who was going to be given lots of time to change the culture of the set up. 

Why change? Cause your opinion could very easily be wrong. So do you think we should just persevere with Strachan even though he can't achieve what Michael O Neill and Martin O Neill do with a similar or even poorer level of player? 

20 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Moyes did great work at Everton but he has really lost something since his failed year at Man. United. Wasn't great at Real Soceidad and Sunderland was a disaster. Think he's past his best as a manager.

I follow Aston Villa so my opinion on Paul Lambert....is not printable. :lol: If you think the football is negative under Strachan then it would be worse under him.

There's a few Scots who've managed national teams. Bobby Williamson was manager of Kenya for a while bizarrely enough.

Stuart Baxter was raised in Scotland and manages South Africa atm.

One outsider for me would be Alex Neil. Did great at Hamilton, got Norwich up and now doing great work at Preston although doubt he'd consider it so early in his managerial career.

Edited by Tartan Chris

4 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Push the boat out, go for Michael O'Neill. Tried and tested.

Why would he even consider the Scotland job ?!?

Not having a go at you, but folk here do keep mentioning his name. He's successfully managing his own home nation so why the fek would he want to manage a foreign nation who keep failing to qualify?

Edited by fringo

21 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

Why change? Cause your opinion could very easily be wrong. So do you think we should just persevere with Strachan even though he can't achieve what Michael O Neill and Martin O Neill do with a similar or even poorer level of player? 

I would change the manager. Michael O'Neil would be one that could do a job in terms of probably making better use of resources than Strachan. However the three other managers you mentioned wouldn't in my opinion,

6 minutes ago, fringo said:

Not having a go at you, but folk here do keep mentioning his name. He's successfully managing his own home nation so why the fek would he want to manage a foreign nation who keep failing to qualify?

He lives in Scotland I believe and I also think if NI fail via the play offs he has reached his full potential with NI. 

7 minutes ago, fringo said:

Very good point, that's why I said the SFA would have to push the boat out. 

I honestly think he'll be worth the risk, he's proved he is able to work with a group players of limited talent (similar to us - no disservice to NI btw) making them a very decent team unit - greater than the sum of their parts.

Better that then sit through another campaign like the last two. Glorious failure indeed - things aren't helped by some of the tactical blunders and blind faith the current incumbent places in certain players.

45 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Couldn't agree more. 

If we can resurrect Jock Stein or make Fergie 20 years younger then we should though. 

17 minutes ago, Tartan Chris said:

Moyes did great work at Everton but he has really lost something since his failed year at Man. United. Wasn't great at Real Soceidad and Sunderland was a disaster. Think he's past his best as a manager.

I follow Aston Villa so my opinion on Paul Lambert....is not printable. :lol: If you think the football is negative under Strachan then it would be worse under him.

There's a few Scots who've managed national teams. Bobby Williamson was manager of Kenya for a while bizarrely enough.

Stuart Baxter was raised in Scotland and manages South Africa atm.

One outsider for me would be Alex Neil. Did great at Hamilton, got Norwich up and now doing great work at Preston although doubt he'd consider it so early in his managerial career.

But is Moyes past his best? He's in his mid fifties and if he's guilty of anything it's bad decision in his roles. At Man Utd he did not worse if at all than Van Gaal who spent a lot more. Spain was never going to work and neither was Sunderland. As for Lambert, I'm not going to kid on I seen a lot of Villa under him but I was under the impression he wasn't given too much to work with after O Neill. Feel free to educate me though. My issue with Strachan isn't so much negativity, Jesus is take a qualifying campaign littered with 1-0 wins, it's the contradictions over selection and sideing constantly with average players that he can't see by.

13 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

I would change the manager. Michael O'Neil would be one that could do a job in terms of probably making better use of resources than Strachan. However the three other managers you mentioned wouldn't in my opinion,

This guy!

11 minutes ago, stevenmcn said:

But is Moyes past his best? He's in his mid fifties and if he's guilty of anything it's bad decision in his roles. At Man Utd he did not worse if at all than Van Gaal who spent a lot more. Spain was never going to work and neither was Sunderland. As for Lambert, I'm not going to kid on I seen a lot of Villa under him but I was under the impression he wasn't given too much to work with after O Neill. Feel free to educate me though. My issue with Strachan isn't so much negativity, Jesus is take a qualifying campaign littered with 1-0 wins, it's the contradictions over selection and sideing constantly with average players that he can't see by.

We were certainly in a downward spiral when he took over given the havoc Lerner was inflicting.

He played exciting football at Norwich but you wouldn't have known it watching us bar a 6 month spell when things clicked on the counter attack with Benteke.

We had two runs in his final season of 5-6 games without even scoring a goal.

I'd be wary of getting any manager who's been on a downward spiral in recent years.

Likes of McInnes, Alex Neil and Michael O'Neill are getting results and all improving as managers although of course harder to tempt them.

19 hours ago, McExpat said:

We missed out on goal difference with a terrible squad, perhaps the worst ever, I'd say we punched above our weight in this campaign. 

Agree 100%. Plus we scored 2 goals against a team who hadn't conceded any at home until we showed up in our unlucky pink shirts, so you've got to say well done for that alone! 

I understand how frustrating the situation is... but I think Strachan should definitely stay, no question.

3 minutes ago, DizzyVizion said:

Agree 100%. Plus we scored 2 goals against a team who hadn't conceded any at home until we showed up in our unlucky pink shirts, so you've got to say well done for that alone! 

I understand how frustrating the situation is... but I think Strachan should definitely stay, no question.

Nowhere near our worst squad ever.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nowhere near our worst squad ever.

Yeah, you're right on that point.

We don't have a great squad though - no disrespect to the players. They punched above their weight and my hats off to them for the way they managed to compete so well.

I shouldn't have agreed 100%.

It was the overall point in that we've done quite well with the resource we have that I was agreeing with.