Match thread - Page 14 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

wheres the pies

7 minutes ago, Paulo2576 said:

You cannot be denying that you are a misery. Although you seem happier than you've ever been right now.

I cannot deny that I’m right that it’s been another campaign of very small pluses and a huge amount of nothingness.

Claiming that a home draw v a poor England team, a win v ten men and a win v a very very poor side away from home we’re highights proves this.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

And unbeaten this year.

Very true, seven matches without defeat now, longest run in 20 years  

With Tierney, Robertson, Griffiths, Armstrong and others emerging we have a young core to see us through the next couple of campaigns.  We should be looking for continuity and stability now, not another change of course. 

The main reason why are results picked up was picking a team with at least half of them Celtic boys.  At the end of tonight's game we had 0.5 outfirld players from Celtic (an injured Griffiths).  Why can't Strachan realize this and pick as many as possible to harnass the only players with a win at all costs mentality.  Strachan seems to rate all players in the region south of us leagues' way higher than any players from the Scottish Premiership.  He's basically saying to young Scottish pros, unless you turn your back on your Scottish football I won't pick you for your country!  His analogy about playing against Hamilton when the Celtic players had just competed against PSG and Anderlecht, whilst the players he chose tonight have sat on the bench for a month, shows his complete disregard for Scottish football.  This is the guy in charge...

3 minutes ago, ScotlandWintheWorldCup said:

The main reason why are results picked up was picking a team with at least half of them Celtic boys.  At the end of tonight's game we had 0.5 outfirld players from Celtic (an injured Griffiths).  Why can't Strachan realize this and pick as many as possible to harnass the only players with a win at all costs mentality.  Strachan seems to rate all players in the region south of us leagues' way higher than any players from the Scottish Premiership.  He's basically saying to young Scottish pros, unless you turn your back on your Scottish football I won't pick you for your country!  His analogy about playing against Hamilton when the Celtic players had just competed against PSG and Anderlecht, whilst the players he chose tonight have sat on the bench for a month, shows his complete disregard for Scottish football.  This is the guy in charge...

Teams who qualify like Iceland and Northern Ireland don’t have any issues picking spfl players and utwith celtic. Not only picking them for the squad but playing them.

22 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I cannot deny that I’m right that it’s been another campaign of very small pluses and a huge amount of nothingness.

Claiming that a home draw v a poor England team, a win v ten men and a win v a very very poor side away from home we’re highights proves this.

face it macy you don't know very much about football we have been better team by miles v Slovenia and Slovakia at home and Lithuania away and played not gd tonight but drew 2-2 away against team that had not conceded in campaign. last year killed us at home v Lithuania this year we have improved dramatically. But Strahan was too loyal and McGregor and mcginn should have been on.

10 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Very true, seven matches without defeat now, longest run in 20 years  

With Tierney, Robertson, Griffiths, Armstrong and others emerging we have a young core to see us through the next couple of campaigns.  We should be looking for continuity and stability now, not another change of course. 

We've literally just had five years of continuity and stability and achieved the square root of f u ck all, a change of course is exactly what is required.

Exactly.  We have a young team of exciting talent.  We have outplayed Slovenia (H), Lithuania (A) and Slovakia (H) in the last few games.  I haven't seen Scotland outplay teams with a European passing game before, so there are extremely encouraging signs for the future.  However, we have a manager who constantly belittles Scottish football and players.  If you just put our best team on the pitch with no Strachan, 8 players would come from the SPL.

1 minute ago, gaz7 said:

face it macy you don't know very much about football we have been better team by miles v Slovenia and Slovakia at home and Lithuania away and played not gd tonight but drew 2-2 away against team that had not conceded in campaign. last year killed us at home v Lithuania this year we have improved dramatically. But Strahan was too loyal and McGregor and mcginn should have been on.

Spot on. Macy predicted us to lose in Lithuania. BLOWN OUT. To lose V England...BLOWN OUT. To lose V Slovakia...Blown Out. I reckon he should change his name to windsock.

4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Teams who qualify like Iceland and Northern Ireland don’t have any issues picking spfl players and utwith celtic. Not only picking them for the squad but playing them.

He also has no respect for us the fans/'the customers' cos we cant feel as bad as the players...........its them that's hurting...........SAME PISH as last time..........We spend our time/holidays/money..........but the players feel worse. fck off Strachan and the SFA.

1 minute ago, deso1 said:

He also has no respect for us the fans/'the customers' cos we cant feel as bad as the players...........its them that's hurting...........SAME PISH as last time..........We spend our time/holidays/money..........but the players feel worse. fck off Strachan and the SFA.

His comment about players not getting paid isomer a kick in the teeth to the fans who travelled. Money shouldn’t even come close to being a factor in playing for your country. Its an honour or at least it should be.

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on. Macy predicted us to lose in Lithuania. BLOWN OUT. To lose V England...BLOWN OUT. To lose V Slovakia...Blown Out. I reckon he should change his name to windsock.

Are we into the play offs?

Keep up...

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Are we into the play offs?

Keep up...

FFS you have been predicting losses for us all year and it is still yet to materialize. So you forecast a year ago we wouldn't make the play-offs? I think 99% of us predicted that. You just spout shite ....admit it and move on.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

Never a free kick leading up to the first goal but we should defend it better. Up until then its an ok performance, not great not terrible. Why oh why after that he waited so long to make changes I'll never know. Criminal he waited so long when it was so obvious our problem was our energy in midfield. I genuinely believe if he makes those changes we'd have sneaked the win. 

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

FFS you have been.preficting losses for us all year and it is still yet to materialize. So you forecast a year ago we wouldn't make the play-offs? I think 99% of us predicted that. You just spout shite ....admit it and move on.

I’ve told the happy clapping delusional folk that it’s no happening despite what they thought. I know it’s tough to hand out compliments but it wouldn’t harm you to admit I was correct. Again today it would have taken 3 goals for us to have a chance as I predicted our horrendous defence would not hold out and was again hounded for saying this.

Just now, dezmondo said:

Never a free kick leading up to the first goal but we should defend it better. Up until then its an ok performance, not great not terrible. Why oh why after that he waited so long to make changes I'll never know. Criminal he waited so long when it was so obvious our problem was our energy in midfield. I genuinely believe if he makes those changes we'd have sneaked the win. 

Agree with that and that is criticism you can label at him. On the other side of the coin in matches against Slovenia (home) and Slovakia (home) he made changes the fans didn't want and it worked and kept our campaign alive.

Important thing now is to freshen the squad. We're over-valuing experience at the expense of younger, more dynamic players. Technically Slovakia and Slovenia were far better than us IMO, and we couldn't even match them for drive and work rate. If that's the reality, I'd rather we gave younger players more experience sooner - it was this that reaped us the benefit of Fletcher and Faddy in their prime. It's over now so I don't want to overly criticise players that have worked hard for the journey, but Bannon, Fletcher, McArthur, Morrison, Anya, Phillips, Martin, and a couple more have not managed to get us to at least a play off and it would be madness to think they'll somehow peak in the next few years. I'd sooner finish in the same position having blooded McGinn, McGregor and a half dozen more and hopefully strike it lucky with a group of younger players coming into their prime rather than those past their prime.

More generally, surely the next generation of players have better technical skill because it's embarrassing how poor our technique is. Slovenian players were almost effortless in first touch and passing, while we laboured to control the ball and Fletcher aside, couldnt string multiple passes together without taking an age. We need to bridge at least the technical or athletic gap, because right now we're well behind other comparable nations on both.

3 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I’ve told the happy clapping delusional folk that it’s no happening despite what they thought. I know it’s tough to hand out compliments but it wouldn’t harm you to admit I was correct. Again today it would have taken 3 goals for us to have a chance as I predicted our horrendous defence would not hold out and was again hounded for saying this.

FFS you have been incorrect all year. end of.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It's hardly Nostradamus stuff mate. You weren't telling anyone anything. Everyone else was gettin involved in being optimistic and hopeful whilst you were saying how shite we are and generally hateful. You obviously feel vindicated by what happened tonight so well done. 

The first four games killed us. The team are unbeaten in 2017 and have missed out on a play off place by goal difference. Had this been Strachans first campaign he'd be staying. But its not....I can't see the Sfa giving him the shove. I think its 50-50 at the moment. He might be sick of it and pack it in.....or not. If he wants to continue he'll point out the positives and they'll give him another 2 years. But a lot of his stalwarts are coming to the end....brown, fletcher, morrison and he might think the next crop coming through aren't any better. 

I'm sick again but I want to create a thread to get Crocker and proven off sky. they are 2 patronising pricks. I've hated Crocker since vogts days and proven cuddles up to him. I'm biased but faddy the other nifht told the english glamour girl that he didnt agree with her and england result xidnt help us as we won.

I know it's totally of topic but I'm hurting and can't be arsed with those 2 comnentatating on our games. I want patriotism.

It won't make us qualify BUT.

We were fortunate to be leading 1-0 at Half Time, and should have been looking to replace two from Bannan McArthur and Phillips who had done nothing. After not getting to grips with the Slovenians at the start of the second half, we loose a goal from a set piece, Gordon, ( like the England game ) should have been off his line to punch that type of ball clear, if he gets clattered, he gets a foul. We only needed one of our three draws to have been a win and we'd at least have made the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Stockholm 1980 said:

We were fortunate to be leading 1-0 at Half Time, and should have been looking to replace two from Bannan McArthur and Phillips who had done nothing. After not getting to grips with the Slovenians at the start of the second half, we loose a goal from a set piece, Gordon, ( like the England game ) should have been off his line to punch that type of ball clear, if he gets clattered, he gets a foul. We only needed one of our three draws to have been a win and we'd at least have made the playoffs.

Lithuania last year.

We were lucky to get a draw tonight and a draw v England was a bonus at 1-0 down with a 6-8 mins remaining.

15 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

I'm sick again but I want to create a thread to get Crocker and proven off sky. they are 2 patronising pricks. I've hated Crocker since vogts days and proven cuddles up to him. I'm biased but faddy the other nifht told the english glamour girl that he didnt agree with her and england result xidnt help us as we won.

I know it's totally of topic but I'm hurting and can't be arsed with those 2 comnentatating on our games. I want patriotism.

They are extremely patronising.

the whole coverage was very dournand negative from second 1.

collins was also very negative about going two up top.

16 minutes ago, gaz7 said:

I agree. Crocker is a shocking commentator, just peddles the same cliches every game. The guy that does Scottish games on BT is not bad. Provan so boring too, always spunking over the other teams best player. You'd have thought that ilicic was maradonna. Same every time.