Match thread

wheres the pies

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry should read as three goals conceded.

They also haven't let a goal in at home. 

1-0 win vs Slovakia 

0-0 against England 

2-0 win vs Malta

4-0 win vs Lithuania 

This will not be easy tonight. 

no bite in midfield again and matt Philips who was utterley terrible last 3 games, at least fall over Forrest had a go in the last game. If griff is playing wide this is f*ckin desperate stuff. Pass me a beer

11 minutes ago, Kirk said:

no bite in midfield again and matt Philips who was utterley terrible last 3 games, at least fall over Forrest had a go in the last game. If griff is playing wide this is f*ckin desperate stuff. Pass me a beer

Calm down. Lets see what happens first.

20 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

They also haven't let a goal in at home. 

1-0 win vs Slovakia 

0-0 against England 

2-0 win vs Malta

4-0 win vs Lithuania 

This will not be easy tonight. 

Absolutely will not be easy. But when was our last easy win? Even the two Malta games we won weren't particularly easy.

I'd be worried if we were playing a supposedly easy game - these are the ones we normally mess up.  We have a long history littered with banana skins which have Scotland-shaped footprints on them.

I'm very happy that we are playing a tough but certainly winnable game to try and secure that playoff place.  It will ensure we retain our focus and don't get complacent.  For me it's our best chance.

Im about to pop out to a friends to watch the game been nervous as hell since the Slovak game, but im confident i really dont think this Slovenia team is great - yes i know they havent conceded a goal at home in this campaign. 

If we keep our composure, press the game onto them, keep the back door shut with the two CB & CM, play as well as we have recently then we will be fine

Good luck everyone and see you on the other side 

2 minutes ago, SteveHFC said:

4-4-2.

I was hoping we would go 4-4-2, but was thinking more, Anya, Berra, mulgrew, Tierney, Phillips, Fletcher, McArthur, Robertson, griffiths, Martin.

robertson and Tierney attacking and overlapping down the left, Anya overlapping on right with Phillips cutting inside.  Fletcher protecting defence.

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

TEAM: Gordon; Tierney, Berra, Mulgrew, Robertson; Phillips, Fletcher, McArthur, Bannan; Griffiths, Martin. 

Happy with that team so I won't be slagging off Strachan if we don't win. It's all down to the players now. I might have started Anya because he can fire in some good crosses;) but happy to save him for later in the game if we need him.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Happy with that team so I won't be slagging off Strachan if we don't win. It's all down to the players now. I might have started Anya because he can fire in some good crosses;) but happy to save him for later in the game if we need him.

My thoughts exactly, apart from McCoist on for the last 15 mins!;)

What formation are we playing here? Either way, Bannan, McArthur and Fletcher is grim, grim stuff although McArthur is certainly the best of a bad bunch. This is going to be a carbon copy of the other night, with a midfield that has zero creativity or inventiveness to unlock a defence, so it will be pumped up to Martin and Phillips in the hope that something falls for someone and we get a win. Not looking forward to this in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

What formation are we playing here? Either way, Bannan, McArthur and Fletcher is grim, grim stuff although McArthur is certainly the best of a bad bunch. This is going to be a carbon copy of the other night, with a midfield that has zero creativity or inventiveness to unlock a defence, so it will be pumped up to Martin and Phillips in the hope that something falls for someone and we get a win. Not looking forward to this in the slightest.

I can't wait for it to start!

1 hour ago, GordyA88 said:

Skybet have 20/1 on Griffiths scoring from outside the box.....

I know ;)

Getting settled down now, coronas chilled, lime cut (which have surprisingly tough skins) and cat been ejected from the room. 

Lets just see what happens next. 

Mon Scotland.