Match thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Match thread

wheres the pies

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Todays ref is  Jonas Eriksson (Sweden). Anyone have any ideas what type of ref he is?

Also on a positive we are certainly going into this match as the form side. Both sides last five matches record is:-

Slovenia PLD 5 W 2 D 0 L 3 Goals For 6 Goals Against 2

Scotland PLD 5 W D 1 L 0 Goals For 9 Goals Against 2

We have played each other four times and Scotland have won 2 and drawn 2 and lost none of those matches.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

14 minutes ago, Mitre said:

I'm in Danang, Vietnam. Hawf jaked already.

We have been in this situation many times before but sadly I don't think we will win.

Prove me wrong Scotland ya bams.

Sounds like an expletive we'll be using if we lose or draw.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Gone for a team similar to one that I would have picked with two strikers.

They really struggled with crosses at Hampden. Starting Martin makes sense. Just need to make sure Bannan gets some decent balls in. 

I would prefer a CM that can drive at them but we have options on the bench. 

Just now, PASTA Mick said:

They really struggled with crosses at Hampden. Starting Martin makes sense. Just need to make sure Bannan gets some decent balls in. 

I would prefer a CM that can drive at them but we have options on the bench. 

Yes I agree. Playing Martin it gives Griffiths more of a freedom to roam role which he is good at as well.

3 minutes ago, northernscum said:

Just spent the last wee while feasting on Scotland goals from the campaign, getting ridiculously nervous now. Last time I felt this way prior to a Scotland game was the dreaded Italy game at Hampden in 2007.

Isn't that a positive though - isn't it about time? That's ten years since we were this close (or so it seems) even though it's only a game to get to a play-off not to qualify.

Still, I'd still rather play a big team at home than a small but higher ranked side away, as we'd never be complacent defending a lead against the likes of Italy or France

1 minute ago, exile said:

Isn't that a positive though - isn't it about time? That's ten years since we were this close (or so it seems) even though it's only a game to get to a play-off not to qualify.

Still, I'd still rather play a big team at home than a small but higher ranked side away, as we'd never be complacent defending a lead against the likes of Italy or France

Didn't seem to bother us too much V Lithuania last month.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Didn't seem to bother us too much V Lithuania last month.

It's fine if you're 3-0 up. But holding on to 1-0 is more what I was thinking of. (Are Lithuania higher ranked?)

5 minutes ago, exile said:

You’d rather be playing France or Italy at Hampden today than Slovenia away? Are you serious?

I know Italy are a shadow of their former selves at the moment but they could still beat us easily. 

Slovenia are there for the taking. 

37 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Todays ref is  Jonas Eriksson (Sweden). Anyone have any ideas what type of ref he is?

Also on a positive we are certainly going into this match as the form side. Both sides last five matches record is:-

Slovenia PLD 5 W 2 D 0 L 3 Goals For 6 Goals Against 2

Scotland PLD 5 W D 1 L 0 Goals For 9 Goals Against 2

We have played each other four times and Scotland have won 2 and drawn 2 and lost none of those matches.

Don't think your stats are correct. How do you lose 3 games but only let 2 goals in? ?