Slovenia

The Black Bra

Slovenia's home record in the group:

Slovenia 1-0 Slovakia

Slovenia 0-0 England

Slovenia 2-0 Malta 

Slovenia 4-0 Lithuania

So that's played 4, won 3 drawn 1, F 7 A 0

No goals conceded yet on their own ground, only one injury time goal concede in two games against the English. They must have a better defence than us.

Still a slim chance they could finish second, they would need to beat us and hope Slovakia don't beat Malta which is unlikely.

Sunday will be extremely tough, I think we will need to be better than we were last night.

20 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Slovenia 1-0 Slovakia

Slovenia 0-0 England

Slovenia 2-0 Malta 

Slovenia 4-0 Lithuania

No goals conceded yet on their own ground, only one injury time goal concede in two games against the English. They must have a better defence than us.

Still a slim chance they could finish second, they would need to beat us and hope Slovakia don't beat Malta which is unlikely.

Sunday will be extremely tough, I think we will need to be better than we were last night.

Stats look fearsome in their favour. I'm not worried though we pumped them at Hampden and should have taken 5 off them at least.

Edited by GordyA88

23 minutes ago, The Black Bra said:

Slovenia 1-0 Slovakia

Slovenia 0-0 England

Slovenia 2-0 Malta 

Slovenia 4-0 Lithuania

Im quietly confident i dont think this team is as good as Slovakia.

Malta game expected to win that. Lithuania had 2 penalties and a last minute goal. England game, England didnt play well. Slovakia game fair play to them

They are out and they know it, last minute loss last night will have drained any confidence they had. They have two decent players suspended for tonight.

Where as we are in the form of our lives over the last 8 years, confidence and team spirit sky high. No suspensions with everything to play.  

I just hope Strachen learnt from the Malta game where we played the same starting 11 3 days after the Lithuania game and we looked tierd we need to freshen it up with 2 or 3 changes i would say 

3 hours ago, The Black Bra said:

if we have 55% possession, create 20 odd chances, hit the bar twice, have a decent claim for a penalty and don't concede, then I would be very happy with that - assuming we take at least one of those chances. You looking for 30 chances and increased possession? Always good to aim high........

12 minutes ago, JECK said:

They're still mathematically in it aren't they? Therefore they will be out to win/not sitting in. Those stats have made me doubt Sunday now though.

Yeah they are mathematically in it but Kilmarnock can still mathematically win the league. It ain’t gonna happen. 

If the Slovenia players honestly believe they are still in with a shout of a playoff then they are more deluded than the flat earth idiots. 

Even if Slovakia somehow fail to beat Malta at home (there’s almost no chance of this happening) and Slovenia beat us, they will only have 11 counting points in the 2nd place table.

14 points might not even be enough for a playoff for us if we beat Slovenia so I doubt 11 would be enough. 

This doesn’t guarantee that their performance will drop though but hopefully it will.  

I said that the home game v Slovakia was the harder result to get over the away win.  Slovenia don't have a Hamsik, And they only seem to have a main goal threat right now in Josip Iličić, plus we have that extra desire to get the win AND Slovenia are all but out.  No way to be want to be complacent though. 

Ignoring the games against Malta and Lithuania, their full results so far (in order) are:

Slovenia 1-0 Slovakia
74'

Slovenia 0-0 England

Scotland 1-0 Slovenia
88'

Slovakia 1-0 Slovenia
81'

England 1-0 Slovenia
94'

So the good news is they've only scored 1 goal in 5 games.

And the other good news is they're on a bit of a losing streak, so confidence might be low

The bad news is it's probably still going to be 0-0 well into the second half on Sunday.

And they might still think they have an outside chance of making second place.

5 minutes ago, davew said:

Ignoring the games against Malta and Lithuania, their full results so far (in order) are:

Slovenia 1-0 Slovakia
74'

Slovenia 0-0 England

Scotland 1-0 Slovenia
88'

Slovakia 1-0 Slovenia
81'

England 1-0 Slovenia
94'

So the good news is they've only scored 1 goal in 5 games.

And the other good news is they're on a bit of a losing streak, so confidence might be low

The bad news is it's probably still going to be 0-0 well into the second half on Sunday.

And they might still think they have an outside chance of making second place.

Interesting. 

They seem to lose a lot of late goals and we have been scoring a lot of late goals. 

89th minute winner for Scotland would do me just fine. 

Slovakia will be missing winger Valter Birsa who is suspended. He has 99 caps so obviously a key part of their team. He was booked in the dying minutes of the match last night.

As things stand we go in with great momentum and feelgood factor whilst Slovenia will be deflated with their late defeat V England destroying their qualification hopes. So mentally we have the edge. Plus with their habit of conceding late they will get more anxious the longer the match goes 0-0 whilst you'd think our belief and confidence will stay high.

1 minute ago, daviebee said:

Did anyone see Slovenia at Hampden?  They were worse than Malta FFS!  We've nothing to fear from them - just need to keep plugging away.

They were rotten at Hampden and had to score in injury time to draw in Lithuania. 

I don’t think they travel well but they’re pretty solid at home. 

They only lost one goal in two games against England (we lost 5 against them) so we will find it hard to score over there I think. 

They beat Slovakia and drew with England at home so I think that’s why people are thinking it will be difficult.

I fancy us to do it though. We’re on a great run.