Argentina in soapy bubble - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Argentina in soapy bubble

34 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Didn’t realise the Syria game had been played.

Theoretically more inter confederation play offs would guarantee more of the best teams qualify.

Although I understand it’s not just about the best teams qualifying it’s about money money money reaching out to all parts of the world with Football.

I think it would be great if all 9 group runners up in Europe went into various playoffs with other teams from other confederations. Maybe reduce the number of automatic places in other confederations to make more playoffs.

The likliehood is that the South American teams would probably still qualify and the likes of Costa Rica/Honduras etc would be in with a decent shot of being most teams too.

4 hours ago, Mox said:

Messi's third goal is something else. Shame Chile didnt qualify, always a great team to watch.

Wow, Chile go out on goal difference by 2 goals. If they had scored one more goal against Peru they would both have finished on 27 "goasl for" and 27 "goals against" 

And Chile beat Peru home and away. They must be gutted.

15 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Does he have anything to back it up? I never saw the game.

FIFA would certainly prefer Argentina (Messi) to be there.

The guy's a phanny. He's trying to single out the number 23 for Ecuador and say he has taken a bung. :rolleyes: 

20 hours ago, euan2020 said:

think Australia have a further qualifier

They did get kind of screwed over I thought in 85 having to play us - top of their group to get play off against european team 

didn't know about Concacaf prequaliifying 

While there are pre qualifiers USA and Mexico etc don't enter until the 4th round. Pre qualifiers are all tiny Caribbean Islands. Cayman Islands v St. Kitts and Nevis etc.

Generally Mexico and the USA get free passes. Or that's how it should work out.

On 10/11/2017 at 2:27 AM, Mox said:

Messi's third goal is something else. Shame Chile didnt qualify, always a great team to watch.

Have you seen Chile play? They're murder... kick good teams off the park while spending at least 50 minutes diving and rolling about the floor.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:28 AM, Orraloon said:

Wow, Chile go out on goal difference by 2 goals. If they had scored one more goal against Peru they would both have finished on 27 "goasl for" and 27 "goals against" 

And Chile beat Peru home and away. They must be gutted.

Actually it's worse than that... apparently Bolivia fielded an ineligible player when they drew with Chile. Chile pointed this out to FIFA and they gave them the extra 2 points... However this also gave 3 extra points to Peru who had lost 2-0... no complaint and Chile are in the playoffs.

On 10/10/2017 at 10:23 PM, weekevie04 said:

PEROOOOOOOO!

Woohoo! Always had a soft spot for them, and they seemed for a while to be the Scotland of CONEMBOL, but they've finally done it and a playoff against NZ beckons.

Surprised about USA as they seemed to have turned the corner after the 4-0 Panama win.  Oobbh!

My son's half Scottish, half Peruvian. Couldn't actually believe they made it. So used to him having the worst of both worlds. Peru and Scotland do have similarities. 

2 hours ago, COLT NY said:

My son's half Scottish, half Peruvian. Couldn't actually believe they made it. So used to him having the worst of both worlds. Peru and Scotland do have similarities. 

Excellent.

Hopefully you make it! I am too old for football tops but I asked my partner to get me a top when she was in Lima in 2014 saying anything like 'Peru soccer' on a polo shirt, and came back with a fake Peru top with Farfan 10 on the back. I'll be wearing it next summer - if they get there, and I lose the 6 pounds I've put on.

Hope you enjoy and the wee lad enjoy the playoffs.

Always had a soft spot for Bolivia and Peru in CONEMBOL qualifying.

5 hours ago, COLT NY said:

Actually it's worse than that... apparently Bolivia fielded an ineligible player when they drew with Chile. Chile pointed this out to FIFA and they gave them the extra 2 points... However this also gave 3 extra points to Peru who had lost 2-0... no complaint and Chile are in the playoffs.

:lol: That's brilliant.