Play off table - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Play off table

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

So if Bosnia lose then we win is there anything else on the remaining games that could put us in 9th spot ? :wacko::wacko:

Don’t think so. We don’t even need them to lose. A draw would do us. 

For Bosnia to stand any chance of finishing on 20 points (14 counting points in the second place table) they need to win their last two games. If they don’t they will have less than 14 counting points which is what we would finish on if we beat Slovenia. 

Greece or Cyprus could still finish ahead of Bosnia but neither of those teams can reach 14 counting points. Greece can only get 13 and Cyprus only 10. I think. 

5 hours ago, Paulo2576 said:

My biggest fear with Italy or any of the footballing heavyweights is the officials. I do think decisions would be less likely to go our way against these teams. Maybe better off against a team of similar stature to ourselves who FIFA have no preference to who qualifies.

Are you suggesting FIFA are corrupt?

Surely not. :lol:

I was convinced that we couldn't possibly win our last 4, 3, then 2 games and not qualify, due to the massive amount of permutations that would see us ok.

Anybody worried about winning our last 4 and not getting a play off was a bed wetter in my eyes, but we are fast running out of games.

Wales v RoI is still probably the best bet...

5 minutes ago, bookerman said:

If Holland win there last 2 games, they finish on 13 points. so be ahead of them if we win.

Yeah exactly. We don’t actually need them to win tonight though. We just need them to beat Sweden on Tuesday which they’re unlikely to do if they don’t win tonight. 

Hopefully Belgium get their finger out tonight though and we can forget all this pish and concentrate on winning tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I was convinced that we couldn't possibly win our last 4, 3, then 2 games and not qualify, due to the massive amount of permutations that would see us ok.

Anybody worried about winning our last 4 and not getting a play off was a bed wetter in my eyes, but we are fast running out of games.

Wales v RoI is still probably the best bet...

Still got quite a few results that would help us out. 

Cant see Wales beating Ireland. Holland could still get 2nd in their group as well. 

Belgium ain’t beat yet either. 

Group A- need France to draw or lose to Bulgaria  and Belarus or need Netherlands to beat Sweden.

GroupB - No chance.

Group C- need Norway to beat N Ireland.

Group D- need Serbia not to beat Georgia  or  Wales draw or lose to Ireland.

Group E - need Denmark to lose to Romania.

GroupG- No chance.

Group H-need Bosnia  not to beat Belgium and Estonia,