Lets talk about the play offs - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lets talk about the play offs

romanticscot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification#UEFA Still some penultimate games to be played for some teams.

This is all supposing we make the play-offs, but lets allow ourselves to dream.

Who is most likely to be in there, who is most likely to be seeded, who do we want to avoid and who would we like?

First - Some business

The second round draw will take place on 17 October 2017 at midday GMT.

The first legs will be played on 9–11 November, and the second legs will be played on 12–14 November 2017.

FIFA World Rankings will be used to decide which of the teams would be seeded. Each tie will see a seeded team drawn against an unseeded team, with the order that the two legs are played decided as part of the draw.  

Edited by romanticscot

Lets get there first and im sure all the team are focusing on is the Slovenia game on Sunday

If we win on Sunday &

Belgium draw or win in Bosnia tonight

The dutch draw or win against Sweden at home on Monday

then were guaranteed one of the top 8

35 minutes ago, borojock said:

Lets get there first and im sure all the team are focusing on is the Slovenia game on Sunday

If we win on Sunday &

I think a trip to the Netherlands in the play offs will be fun...

3 hours ago, borojock said:

If we win on Sunday &

Wales failing to win both of their remaining games would also do I think. 

They are away to Georgia (we all know what can happen there) and at home to Ireland. Can’t see them winning both of those without Bale. 

12 minutes ago, deso1 said:

Wish I'd saved my money in case we make the play off.......so I could afford a home ticket............God knows how much they'll charge this time!

It will be about the same as the England game I would imagine. 

They knew the England game would sell out regardless of the price so they charged the highest price they thought they could get away with for that. It would be the same for the playoff. 

It won’t be any pricier than a Champions League game at Celtic Park I wouldn’t think. 

I am talking with my friend in Louisiana that if we make the play offs I will make a trip to watch the game with him.  I am rooting for Portugal to win their group, then my biggest fear would be getting drawn with Italy.  Not saying I don't see the rest as a walk in the park but in terms of big boys I think it will be Italy will be the only one in there.