Kingsford Stadium - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kingsford Stadium

On 2/13/2018 at 9:03 PM, vanderark14 said:

Do you have anything to back that up? I’m genuinuly interested because so far you’ve not really backed up your opinions or what you believe. You’ve posted two or three smilies but that’s about it

You know full well I couldn't possibly have hard proof however I and heaps of us said it before he even got planning permission. You try proving he was definitely intending to do all he said.

10 hours ago, Lamia said:

You know full well I couldn't possibly have hard proof however I and heaps of us said it before he even got planning permission. You try proving he was definitely intending to do all he said.

I'm not the one making the accusations but as you say you know full well there is no proof either way which proves you have no clue what your talking about.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, Lamia said:

Believe what you want it was never going to happen.

I don't trust him and have no reason to believe him.  Whether he actually intended to build the super hotel and houses - nobody will ever know.  Perhaps he didn't and used certain issues as an excuse.  Perhaps he did and is his plans fell through for reasons beyond his control.  However, what we do know is that what he has built is world class and has positively impacted tourism in the area. Like him or loath him (and his techniques) he has helped the local economy.

Done a wee bit research.

As of end of 2016 the golf-course was a loss maker. lost 1.4 million then 1.8 million then 1.7 million. So hard to see where all the money it is bringing in is coming from. It is allowing the local economy to boom while hemorrhaging millions a year, Trump had to keep it afloat with his own cash injections. Why's the money only flowing into the local economy and not the gold-course supposedly supplying this cash flow?

Perhaps the local people are better subsidizing the losses of the golf-course since it provides so much to the local economy.

In 2009 the plan was

"The first project on the coastal Menie estate started almost a decade ago with plans to invest $1.5 (£1.02) billion, numbers that were repeated by former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond in 2009, to build a five star hotel, a golf course and 1,500 houses. Mr Trump also said he would create 6,000 jobs."

Edited by phart

No one cared one bit about Trump and his golf course on here at the time.

He is best chums with Alex Salmond. His mum is Scottish. He is on The Apprentice. Tick. Tick. Tick. The SNP Government and the council bent over backwards for him.  "You've Been Trumped" film hardly made a dent on all the parties that were involved in the golf course.

Years later it's all grand standing and moral outrage now the walloper is President after ripping up all the rules to get elected and making most people worry on a weekly basis.  

3 minutes ago, Alan said:

He is best chums with Alex Salmond. His mum is Scottish. He is on The Apprentice. Tick. Tick. Tick. The SNP Government and the council bent over backwards for him.  "You've Been Trumped" film hardly made a dent on all the parties that were involved in the golf course.

Years later it's all grand standing and moral outrage now the walloper is President after ripping up all the rules to get elected and making most people worry on a weekly basis.  

ESS ENN PEE BAD

16 minutes ago, Alan said:

Folk were arguing it at the time, and some were against Salmond recalling the local made decision.

That's my recollection of the board at the time. Saying no one cared is hyperbole, sure it wasn't some mega scandal, but it was certainly discussed.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Folk were arguing it at the time, and some were against Salmond recalling the local made decision.

That's my recollection of the board at the time. Saying no one cared is hyperbole, sure it wasn't some mega scandal, but it was certainly discussed.

These seem to be the three main threads archived from the old board if anyone fancies a trip down memory lane:

http://tamb.net/archive/index.php?s=b81cc72d1897f19e9f153cc9eb64907f&showtopic=141657

http://tamb.net/archive/index.php?s=b81cc72d1897f19e9f153cc9eb64907f&showtopic=137149

http://tamb.net/archive/index.php?s=b81cc72d1897f19e9f153cc9eb64907f&showtopic=145943

2 hours ago, phart said:

Done a wee bit research.

As of end of 2016 the golf-course was a loss maker. lost 1.4 million then 1.8 million then 1.7 million. So hard to see where all the money it is bringing in is coming from. It is allowing the local economy to boom while hemorrhaging millions a year, Trump had to keep it afloat with his own cash injections. Why's the money only flowing into the local economy and not the gold-course supposedly supplying this cash flow?

Perhaps the local people are better subsidizing the losses of the golf-course since it provides so much to the local economy.

In 2009 the plan was

"The first project on the coastal Menie estate started almost a decade ago with plans to invest $1.5 (£1.02) billion, numbers that were repeated by former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond in 2009, to build a five star hotel, a golf course and 1,500 houses. Mr Trump also said he would create 6,000 jobs."

There are a number of golf operators working up and down the East Coast. A couple now based in Aberdeen. We use one regularly and he claims that Trump Int brings many more visitors than was previously the case.  He gives a lot of business to local hotels, guest houses and restaurants. I know other local golf clubs are also benefiting from additional visitor fees etc. 

Trump Int would have planned on benefitting from from a significant amount of corporate entertainment including memberships and packages. Given the last few years Trump Int won’t be the only local business to suffer.  

On 2/15/2018 at 1:31 PM, SMcoolJ said:

There are a number of golf operators working up and down the East Coast. A couple now based in Aberdeen. We use one regularly and he claims that Trump Int brings many more visitors than was previously the case.  He gives a lot of business to local hotels, guest houses and restaurants. I know other local golf clubs are also benefiting from additional visitor fees etc. 

Trump Int would have planned on benefitting from from a significant amount of corporate entertainment including memberships and packages. Given the last few years Trump Int won’t be the only local business to suffer.  

Maybe it does,  the golf-course itself according to reports of it's accounts has run at a million pound loss or greater since it's inception.

On 2/15/2018 at 9:23 AM, SMcoolJ said:

However, what we do know is that what he has built is world class and has positively impacted tourism in the area. Like him or loath him (and his techniques) he has helped the local economy.

Has it? Has he?

On 2/15/2018 at 10:41 AM, phart said:

Incidentally the suggestion(from folk commenting at the time of the plans) is the homes were what was actually wanted the gold-course was just the means to getting that end.

The houses weren't wanted! And the golf course only became an issue due to the SSSI and his intimidation of his neighbours.

I professionally know both the Managers at Cruden Bay and Murcar and both say that visitor rounds are up and much of it is attributed to the fact they are being included more and more in trips which are being arranged with Trump being the main attraction.

I’m not surprised, it is a magnificent links which in my opinion once is fully conditioned will be number 1 or 2 in the UK.

2 minutes ago, macy37 said:

I professionally know both the Managers at Cruden Bay and Murcar and both say that visitor rounds are up and much of it is attributed to the fact they are being included more and more in trips which are being arranged with Trump being the main attraction.

I’m not surprised, it is a magnificent links which in my opinion once is fully conditioned will be number 1 or 2 in the UK.

You’re not a Kjus rep by any chance?! Just happen to know that both Cruden Bay and Murcar stock it.  

Royal Aberdeen visitor numbers have doubled since Trump opened. At almost £800 for a fourball, it’s a lot of money each season. Murcar and Cruden Bay on same circuit. 

59 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Agree, it’s between my 2 and 3 for the best course I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing. 

On 2/19/2018 at 7:42 PM, Lamia said:

The houses weren't wanted! And the golf course only became an issue due to the SSSI and his intimidation of his neighbours.

I'm just reporting what i saw when i went back and looked at the news reports at the time.

Anecdotal evidence aside we have the accounts, which might be getting cooked for tax purposes but we sort of have to view them at face-value.

The accounts say it's losing money at over a £1million each year, and only staying afloat by goodwill loans from it's parent companies.

" The official accounts for Trump International Golf Course Scotland, the company that owns the site, show it owes Trump nearly £41m and has never yet made a profit. It lost nearly £1.2m last year. "

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/08/trump-golf-course-has-ruined-dunes-habitat

"Donald Trump’s loans to his golf resorts in Scotland have increased to more than £150m after their losses last year accelerated, partly because of the oil price crash and currency costs.

The latest accounts for his network of Scottish companies show he had to plough another £1.3m into his debt-ridden resort in Aberdeenshire to keep it afloat after the North Sea crisis saw its popularity slump among local golfers.

Trump International Golf Links Scotland lost nearly £1.2m in 2016, forcing Trump to increase his interest-free loans to the resort to nearly £41m ($54m) while he was campaigning for the presidency last year."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/08/donald-trump-scottish-golf-resorts-heavy-losses

Trump’s other course near Aberdeen in north-east Scotland, which has been the cause of a spectacular argument between him and the Scottish government over offshore wind turbines that Trump says spoil the view, saw its loss widen by 28% to 1.4 million pounds on a 12% drop in revenue.

http://fortune.com/2017/10/09/trump-golf-courses-scotland/

Edited by phart