Kingsford Stadium - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kingsford Stadium

22 hours ago, Lamia said:

UTG/Union Sq aren't in Aberdeenshire. Loads of the AWPR isn't either and it was an Aberdeen City Councillor who was blocking it.

Surprised and Aberdeen fan is unaware of the difference :huh:

I'm well aware of the difference. It was pretty clear that the OP meant Aberdeen and shire. 

You focus on pedantry though :ok: 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:22 PM, Lamia said:

So Kingsford and Trump.

And to be honest thing we were proved right over Trump Int

I dislike Trump as much as the next person.  There's no getting away from the fact his approach to Trump Int was all wrong from the start.  However. the super hotel and housing was always conditional upon certain parameters that he was unable to secure (not just avoiding an offshore windfarm).  As for the course, clubhouse, hotel that were built - they are responsible for a significant increase in local tourism and additional income.  The course itself is also world class and it's reputation continues to grow as do the levels of interest in it.

As for Kingsford, not my preferred option but the arguments against it have been laughably bad.

8 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle 

Most of the ICT fans will tell you the stadium is in a desperate location. Some weeks they get less than Caley would sometimes get in the old Highland League days (I know it’s not quite the same club anymore, but I’m using it for comparison purposes...)

Out of town, right beside a major trunk road, no local boozers, you need to drive or get a bus. Not to mention it is right on the Moray Firth and any atmosphere generated floats right out to sea. When Caley score people in Nairn can hear it better than someone in the stadium pisser.

Although the club has done well, they would get much better crowds and it would be a far better ”experience” (fuck I hate that word in a going to the football context) fin the ground was somewhere in town. Thistle’s old ground would’ve been perfect.

Whatever has benefitted the club and helped them achieve what it has, it’s certainly not the stadium.

17 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Bayern Of the Munchen as an “out of town” new build success story?

only been there for a 1860 game tho, but public transport v good

I saw a thing last night where you can rent a room inside the park, wake up the next day, draw the curtains open and you are looking down on the pitch. Mental. 

11 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

I dislike Trump as much as the next person.  There's no getting away from the fact his approach to Trump Int was all wrong from the start.  However. the super hotel and housing was always conditional upon certain parameters that he was unable to secure 

Believe what you want it was never going to happen.

22 minutes ago, Lamia said:

Believe what you want it was never going to happen.

Do you have anything to back that up? I’m genuinuly interested because so far you’ve not really backed up your opinions or what you believe. You’ve posted two or three smilies but that’s about it

35 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Do you have anything to back that up? I’m genuinuly interested because so far you’ve not really backed up your opinions or what you believe. You’ve posted two or three smilies but that’s about it

No, she doesn’t, just a typical trump hater that jumps on a bandwagon.