Kilt Footwear Etiquette - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kilt Footwear Etiquette

What is the TA fashion polis' recommendation for footwear whilst wearing a kilt on tour?

I usually go for Timbies but this time I'm considering trainers as comfort is paramount. Personally I think it looks tacky as fuuck but each to their own, live and let live is my motto

I'm not one for judging others matchday attire, nor am I one to give a Donald Duck what others think of mine. My only worry with trainers while wearing the froak is that folk will think I'm a Weedgie

Edited by DoonTheSlope

9 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Adidas Sambas with a kilt fine for the football - but probably not acceptable for a wedding :lol:

Next question : kilt socks pulled up or down ?

Firstly what colour sambas are acceptable? I posses an emerald green pair and my kilt is the Ali Express of "Murray of Athol" tartan purchased from an establishment situated on Edinburghs Royal Mile

Secondly I have my kilt socks pulled all the way up, but, they have all shrunk in the wash so they look like they are rolled down

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Firstly what colour sambas are acceptable? I posses an emerald green pair and my kilt is the Ali Express of "Murray of Athol" tartan purchased from an establishment situated on Edinburghs Royal Mile

Secondly I have my kilt socks pulled all the way up, but, they have all shrunk in the wash so they look like they are rolled down

Suede Addidas Samba's are probably a bit "smarter" / more "multi-use" than the classic black models ? :D

Edited by Haggis_trap

22 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

doesn't really bother me what others wear but I always wear cats because I have them and they are comfortable. trainers fine but socks have to be rolled down with both I think - just cos it looks better.

I'm actually a cat man too, my mistake in my op. My timbies when I'm in civvies going about my day to day business. They aren't for dribbling beery pish ow'er

Red suede sambas and red/navy hooped Aberdeen Umbro socks from 1998/99 season. 

Although that may change next year as I found a pair of red Adidas Haven in the cupboard the other day, assuming this years Christmas trainers have been bought early by the wife :rollsmile: