Alternative format for Qualifying - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alternative format for Qualifying

Paulo2576

I know UEFA have there own plans afoot that I haven't really paid much attention to yet, but the link below is an interesting article on re-shaping qualification for tournaments.

I started off shaking my head, but certainly got me thinking the more I read it

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/what-is-holding-back-international-football-and-how-do-we-fix-it/ar-AAsTj56?li=AA572I&ocid=ientp

Sounds like a perfect format for sky and English tv consumers. 

Written by somebody obsessed with the EPL, who sees international break as a distraction. Did paddy power publish this? 

Not saying we can’t make it better, but I look forward to every international break. So disagree with the basis of everything that is said to be honest.

Theres holes all over it for sure and indeed written by someone who openly admits internationals are an inconvenience, you just wonder though that something along those lines might be appealing to clubs. The game is unfortunately being more and more dictated by the super clubs, I think they day will come when they have their say on international football.

Never read so much guff in all my days.

Lets completely revamp international football because England are fed up of playing Slovenia?

How about revamping international football to ensure it is given the top status ahead of club football that it deserves. The pinnacle of the game.