To stay or go? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

To stay or go?

andyD

16 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Who laid the foundations for those teams?

Who brought faddy into the fold?

You're clearly the hooray henry that thinks "Scotland is best" and there's no getting away from that utter delusional frame of mind. 

I feel sorry for you. 

And Fletcher, Gordon and Alexander.

That someone wants McLeish or Smith back is hilarious. Suspect it has rather more to do with their connections to a certain Southside team. They both ditched us as we weren't good enough and both are done with management anyway.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

That someone wants McLeish or Smith back is hilarious. Suspect it has rather more to do with their connections to a certain Southside team. They both ditched us as we weren't good enough and both are done with management anyway.

Wrong. Again.   Amusing to think that you think I have connections/support to Rangers...  you are not even in the right part of the country.  Typical of a proportion of our support, desperate to 'out' you as a supporter of one of the old firm based on spurious connections on other views.  The last time you suggested this merely because I choose to wear a poppy.  Sad.

Guest BlueGaz
6 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Wrong. Again.   Amusing to think that you think I have connections/support to Rangers...  you are not even in the right part of the country.  Typical of a proportion of our support, desperate to 'out' you as a supporter of one of the old firm based on spurious connections on other views.  The last time you suggested this merely because I choose to wear a poppy.  Sad.

Don't think it is typical of our support, but it is very typical of him.  

23 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sorry but have to disagree. At least with Smith and McLeish there was a genuine belief we were on the verge of something big but that didn't really happen with Vogts. Many miserable defeats in the Vogts reign. He diod as well as he could in the circumstances but if all three came up for grabs again (only those three) I'd go for Smith then McLeish then Vogts.

On 06/10/2017 at 11:13 AM, Morrisandmoo said:

Needs a lot of credit for turning this campaign around after a 6-0 drubbing vs Slovakia / England.

Being able to take the positives out of those terrible results, motivate the players and take 13pts from 15 in successive ‘must win’ matches is something he, and everybody else, should be proud of. 

I’m not interested in seeking retribution for his past failings and mistakes. I’m only interested in what’s best for Scotland now. Win or lose on Sunday, I believe Strachan has proved his metal and his ability as a coach. He has clearly learned a lot and I hope he has learned again and makes the changes necessary on Sunday to gets us to the playoffs.

Totally agree with this.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Sorry but have to disagree. At least with Smith and McLeish there was a genuine belief we were on the verge of something big but that didn't really happen with Vogts. Many miserable defeats in the Vogts reign. He diod as well as he could in the circumstances but if all three came up for grabs again (only those three) I'd go for Smith then McLeish then Vogts.

They both left us in the shit. They can f@ck off as far as I'm concerned.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes that is my presiction as well but would much prefer something less tense like V Lithuania last month.

Yeh I know. Strahan coming out saying it's going to be a tense and nervy evening doesn't fill me with confidence!

In two minds about Strachan. Yes, the campaign has turned around but it's happened after he started using (some of) the players he was criticised for snubbing earlier in the qualifiers.

On the other hand, if he went, who on earth could we replace him with? The general reputation of Scottish managers has nosedived a bit in recent years.

The main Scottish applicants for the job would be the usual out-of-work mob whose last few appointments don't inspire confidence. On the other hand, there are definitely signs that some good managers (nationality unspecified) might actually want to work with the team.

I understand some of the arguments on both sides re Berti-Walter-McLeish above. However, who's the last manager who got us to a play-off? There were some nightmares under Berti, and said play-off ended very badly, but he did get us there, and a goal up at half-way. That's the best any post-Broon manager can claim.

17 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

17 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

I understand some of the arguments on both sides re Berti-Walter-McLeish above. However, who's the last manager who got us to a play-off? There were some nightmares under Berti, and said play-off ended very badly, but he did get us there, and a goal up at half-way. That's the best any post-Broon manager can claim.

With all due respects though we got to the play-offs with an easier qualifying group as we were higher seeded.

50 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

In two minds about Strachan. Yes, the campaign has turned around but it's happened after he started using (some of) the players he was criticised for snubbing earlier in the qualifiers.

On the other hand, if he went, who on earth could we replace him with? The general reputation of Scottish managers has nosedived a bit in recent years.

The main Scottish applicants for the job would be the usual out-of-work mob whose last few appointments don't inspire confidence. On the other hand, there are definitely signs that some good managers (nationality unspecified) might actually want to work with the team.

As I’ve said before, why does it have to be a Scottish manager?

This attitude leaves us stuck in the dark ages and will never progress with it. 

No offence. 

Fallen short again I'm afraid.

He's not the worst Scotland manager ever but two 4th place finishes.

What the second half of the campaign has shown is there ARE decent players in the set up who can lead Scotland to euro 2020. Griffiths coming through as prolific striker is a big boost for the next campaign.

Would try for Michael O'Neill if Norn Iron miss out on the world cup as he's shown he can organise a team effectively over a qualification period. Would imagine he'd want to go into club football.

McInnes is the best Scottish candidate. Likes of Lambert and Moyes are way past their best as managers now.